Most game for your buck

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69539 posts) -

Wondering what games for the Ps3 gets you a lot of game for what you pay for and are worth the money?

#2 Posted by gunslinger024 (326 posts) -
The Orange Box, Oblivion, Red Dead Redemption, Resident Evil 5, Dead Space, Mass Effect Trilogy, Fallout 3, God of War Saga, Dragon Age, Just Cause 2 and of course if the game is GOTY edition since it comes with all the dlc's
#3 Posted by DaRq_MiNoS (558 posts) -

Great Games with many hours of gameplay (will enjoy more than a week of hardcore playing):

Ni no Kuni

Skyrim

Dark Souls (very replayable)

Far Cry 3

Fallout 3

Great games that last about a week:

Red Dead Redemption (my favorite PS3 game)

L.A. Noire

I'm assuming you want games that'll give you quantity of hours. I could list a ton of games that can be completed in a couple all-day sessions that I felt were worth more than the $60 I paid for some of them (Uncharted games, Dead Space 1 and 2, Bioshock, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Dishonored, and more).

#4 Posted by Sokol4ever (6304 posts) -

Purely depends on your style preference. Most RPG offer 50+ hours of gameplay while other games offer great replay value. If you're not sure, I would suggest you start with RPG's - Ni No Kuni, Demon'S Souls etc.

#5 Posted by jrlc1 (4235 posts) -
agree with what's posted above. But i have to add that getting PSN+ has given me so many games that i haven't even been able to play all of them.
#6 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

LAIR

#7 Posted by sukraj (21797 posts) -

far cry 3

rdr

#8 Posted by ristactionjakso (5664 posts) -

Far Cry 3, Kingdoms of Amalur, Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders 2.

#9 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Traditional RPGs are boring so avoid them unless it is a hybrid RPG like Dark Souls, Deus Ex: HR or Far Cry 3.

#10 Posted by unrealtron (3148 posts) -
Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, The Fallout games, the AC games (preowned),the borderlands games...
#11 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69539 posts) -

Purely depends on your style preference. Most RPG offer 50+ hours of gameplay while other games offer great replay value. If you're not sure, I would suggest you start with RPG's - Ni No Kuni, Demon'S Souls etc.

Sokol4ever
i am considering Ni No Kuni
#12 Posted by KIERON93 (39 posts) -
Dragon age 1 and 2 but the recommended is 1. I've heard ni no kuni is 100+ hours, the mass effect trilogy if you do everything all 3 games are 100+ or more, skyrim,
#13 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18330 posts) -
Skyrim Battlefield 3 Far Cry 3 Red Dead Redemption Infamous 1 & 2 Saints Row 2 Sleeping Dogs Assassins Creed 3 Borderlands 1 & 2
#14 Posted by ReviewerDrake (766 posts) -

Skyrim

Just Cause 2 (You could put 100 hours into this game and not even be half done with everything.)

Mass Effect Trilogy

GTA IV Complete (Depends on your taste this game is a hit and miss with most people)

#15 Posted by Ace_of_Spades90 (715 posts) -

Like most have said, rpgs will get you most bang for your buck. I purchased Tales of Graces F a while back, and it was well worth the money (I'm still not done with it).

Other game worth noting: Batman: Arkham City (riddler's revenge is a blast and with four characters to choose from, it never gets old), Deux: Ex Human Revolution (the game gives you incentive to replay multiple times due to different outcomes; the game also features rpg elements, too) and a few others that I can't think of at the moment.

#16 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69539 posts) -
Dragon age 1 and 2 but the recommended is 1. I've heard ni no kuni is 100+ hours, the mass effect trilogy if you do everything all 3 games are 100+ or more, skyrim, KIERON93
yeah the dragon age games are great, also Mass Effect is awesome. I have to try Skyrim and Ni no Kuni
#17 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8690 posts) -

Batman Arkham City for sure. I've never seen an action adventure more packed with content. What's even more impressive is that all that content is at unbelievably high quality. This game is absolutely worth the money without a doubt.

#18 Posted by DaRq_MiNoS (558 posts) -

Batman Arkham City for sure. I've never seen an action adventure more packed with content. What's even more impressive is that all that content is at unbelievably high quality. This game is absolutely worth the money without a doubt.

Pikminmaniac

Are you serious? It takes like 10 hours max to beat the main story. Granted, it's a good story, but it's the shortest game I think I've ever played.

#19 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8690 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

DaRq_MiNoS

Are you serious? It takes like 10 hours max to beat the main story. Granted, it's a good story, but it's the shortest game I think I've ever played.

You missed about 90% of the game then... there is WAY more content to be enjoyed outside just the story. Why would you let the credits decide when to stop playing?

#20 Posted by Ace_of_Spades90 (715 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

DaRq_MiNoS

I think what PiKminmaniac is referring to is the wealth of content, to which I agree with.

Despite not being the longest game, there is quite a lot to do - riddler trophies, challenges, riddler's revenge mode, various dlc, and a plethora of secret events/side quests. All of which are very well done. Nothing really feels tacked on.

#21 Posted by nightshade869 (3457 posts) -
Valkyria Chronicles, Demons Souls, GTA 4, GOW Collection, Ni No Kuni....and others lol
#22 Posted by wazzawazza18 (871 posts) -

Mass Effect Trilogy

#23 Posted by ps3hdalltime (52 posts) -
God of war 3 and Batman Arkham Asylum, for me these 2 games were for my buck. Really enjoyed like crazy.
#24 Posted by Blueresident87 (5307 posts) -

Fallout 3/New Vegas and Red Dead Redemption.

#25 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8690 posts) -

Fallout 3/New Vegas and Red Dead Redemption.

Blueresident87

Although I'd say Red Dead REdemption is a superb game, I was a little disappointed when it all ended. I 100%ed it in 40 hours and felt like there was nothing left... It's not exactly an openworld that had a lot of fun stuff to do in it outside the missions and side things they set up for you

#26 Posted by takspeed (219 posts) -

Lets see heavy rain, saints 3, borderlands 2,  fear series (bit short tho since its an fps) darksider series, ico and shadow of the colossus

#27 Posted by yourmate (165 posts) -
Skyrim has probably been the most value for money game I've got this gen, followed by RDR
#28 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -
  • Fallout 3
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Just Cause 2
  • Assassin's Creed 2
  • Far Cry 3
  • Dishonored
#29 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69539 posts) -
Skyrim has probably been the most value for money game I've got this gen, followed by RDRyourmate
i know everyone i have talked to loves Skyrim and my brother played the hell out of RDR
#30 Posted by yokofox33 (29181 posts) -

Fallout 3 is easily is 100+ hours of gaming if you take the time to explore the world and do all the missions/quests. One of my favorites for sure.

#31 Posted by lild1425 (6757 posts) -

Skyrim, LBP, Borderlands, Black Ops 2. Those are off the top of my head, so probably forgetting a few good ones.