Most active shooters?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Papadrach (1965 posts) -

Hey guys, I'm pretty burnt out on the COD scene, since i've been playing them online since the 2nd one on xbox and xbox 360. Are there any other active shooters anymore, other than COD and BF3 being the other obvious choice? I want to play games that I've had fun with, like KZ2, and RSV. I played the KZ3 online demo and i can tell that game's empty. What about the restistance series? Socom or ghost recon? I feel like all these have dead communities 

#2 Posted by Granny_Spanked (1326 posts) -
Battlefield 3 is pretty much what i play now, Borderlands 2 is a pretty active shooter, but its co-op only.
#3 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72482 posts) -
Battlefield 3 is pretty much what i play now, Borderlands 2 is a pretty active shooter, but its co-op only.Granny_Spanked
Battlefield has always had loyal fans, and it is pretty active
#4 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

Battlefield 3 and COD Black Ops II are certainly the most active in the online section on PS3 without a doubt

#5 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

Try far cry 3.

#6 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

Try far cry 3.

sukraj

Absolutely bland and boring MP in that game with no redeeming qualities whatsoever, despite or maybe even because the possibility of user created maps and absolutely no comparision to the polished MP of BF3 and CODBO II....I really highly doubt it's THAT active on console either.

#7 Posted by lowkey254 (5904 posts) -

I don't think it's region specific but I never have issues with KZ3. I find full matches all of the time.

#8 Posted by onewiththegame (4251 posts) -
Battlefield 3 PS3 is my go to
#9 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2617 posts) -

Try far cry 3.

sukraj

It's horrible.

I'd go with BF3 or BFBC2. BFBC2 is better but I'm not sure how many people are still playing it on xbox as I have it for PS3. You might not always get full matches.

Uncharted 3 if you've got a PS3.

Max payne 3 should still be active, maybe not a lot of people but enough to get full games in. Great game as well. 

#10 Posted by marcheegsr (2846 posts) -

Battlefield 3 for sure.

#11 Posted by ez_moneymaker (1211 posts) -
Try KZ3. I think its free to download. Maybe im thinking of uncharted though.
#12 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

[QUOTE="sukraj"]

Try far cry 3.

23Jarek23

It's horrible.

I'd go with BF3 or BFBC2. BFBC2 is better but I'm not sure how many people are still playing it on xbox as I have it for PS3. You might not always get full matches.

Uncharted 3 if you've got a PS3.

Max payne 3 should still be active, maybe not a lot of people but enough to get full games in. Great game as well.

thats just ur opinion on the game i for one really enjoyed far cry 3.

#13 Posted by marcheegsr (2846 posts) -

I don't mind the far cry 3 multiplayer either.

Im not saying its amazing but sometimes I like to play online shooters that we don't hear too much about.

Take for instance im playing the hell out of crysis 3 multiplayer right now but not alot of people like it.

#14 Posted by Papadrach (1965 posts) -

Ive played the free KZ3 demo, barely anyone played. Then i borrowed KZ3 from someone i know, and played alot of full matches online. Was actually pretty fun, and hectic. Just like i remember when KZ2 came out. I actually use to play Far Cry on the orignal xbox all the time. The user created maps was really fun. I even remember playing instincts online demo alot for xbox 360 when it came out. But i'm sure that scene is over online. I also borrowed UC3. I liked the 2nd one, was a fun story mode and very long at that. And the online was pretty fun. I played the MP demo for UC3 when it came out and had fun, I'll have to try UC3 again when I get some time. I was actually tempted to buy Ghost Recon Future Soldier, I miss those games online.

#15 Posted by marcheegsr (2846 posts) -

I was actually tempted to buy Ghost Recon Future Soldier, I miss those games online.

Papadrach
It's actually quite good, I still play it online sometimes. You should give it a try.
#16 Posted by Dogswithguns (10787 posts) -
[QUOTE="Papadrach"]

I was actually tempted to buy Ghost Recon Future Soldier, I miss those games online.

marcheegsr
It's actually quite good, I still play it online sometimes. You should give it a try.

I just bought, get it in couple of days.. I can't wait.
#17 Posted by Papadrach (1965 posts) -

I've played the online demo a couple times when that came out. Was pretty fun. Going to be around 35$ because I'd have to buy the online pass for it. How is the online community in that game? I'm surprised im finding full games in KZ3 and UC3. UC3 is pretty fun, but I'd rather have something more tactical.

#18 Posted by marcheegsr (2846 posts) -

The online community is still active.

You will always find loyal ghost recon fans.

I notice the older crowd tend to play it more.

Less kids on the mic like call of duty lol

#19 Posted by Papadrach (1965 posts) -

After playing KZ3 for 2 days, I tried playing COD. First match, I was met by the common annoyances i have with the latest cod, and little teeny boppers yelling on the mic. Shut the game off right there lol. The shooting is so bland, where KZ3 has a sense of impact. Despites its flaws, and sluggish framerate online. But I'll have to pick up GRFS and buy that online pass, I use to have so much fun with GRAW when it came out, as well as GRAW2.

#20 Posted by marcheegsr (2846 posts) -
Oh man. Graw 1 and 2 online, some great memories. I loved those huge maps. Rocky cove and fishing village.
#21 Posted by ch2423 (1949 posts) -

Hey guys, I'm pretty burnt out on the COD scene, since i've been playing them online since the 2nd one on xbox and xbox 360. Are there any other active shooters anymore, other than COD and BF3 being the other obvious choice? I want to play games that I've had fun with, like KZ2, and RSV. I played the KZ3 online demo and i can tell that game's empty. What about the restistance series? Socom or ghost recon? I feel like all these have dead communities 

Papadrach
Oh man do I miss the Rainbow Six series. LVU, Killhouse and Villa. Ubisoft really dropped the ball by not making a new one in the past 5 years. Is Patriots still even in development?
#22 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

I still play Ghost Recon Future soldier's multiplayer once a while, it is a very well made game and if not for the shooting feeling weak, the tactical element really holds it up there, i wish they got the feel of the guns as they feel too weak, especially for a military shooter

#23 Posted by Papadrach (1965 posts) -

I still play Ghost Recon Future soldier's multiplayer once a while, it is a very well made game and if not for the shooting feeling weak, the tactical element really holds it up there, i wish they got the feel of the guns as they feel too weak, especially for a military shooter

megaspiderweb09
Ya, most games now a days feel like you're shooting pea shooters and marshmellow guns. How active was the online? And oh man i know ch2423, that series when i was at the height of online gaming was just the cherry on top. Nearly every single match i played and everyone i encountered actually tried and communicated, or just had fun. But I could've swore they were still making Patriots? If they're not releasing it on this gen, they for sure need to next gen. The first person, slow, tactical pace with the 3rd person cover system was awesome. And the guns and customization, top notch. Funny how you don't see things like that anymore in games....
#24 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9860 posts) -
KZ 3 isnt empty....... Resistance is not a very good game online, ill tell you that right now. And i love Resistance, R3 is one of my top 3 fav games of this gen. The community that was in R2 didnt come to R3, cuz everybody was disappointed that it didnt have co-op and no 30 vs 30.
#25 Posted by Ballroompirate (23052 posts) -

Your best bet is BF3

#26 Posted by MarcRecon (5864 posts) -

Just as others have said...Ghost Recon:FS's Co-op and MP communites are still active. The game in general(single player) is overall solid.:)

#27 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

[QUOTE="megaspiderweb09"]

Papadrach

Ya, most games now a days feel like you're shooting pea shooters and marshmellow guns. How active was the online? And oh man i know ch2423, that series when i was at the height of online gaming was just the cherry on top. Nearly every single match i played and everyone i encountered actually tried and communicated, or just had fun. But I could've swore they were still making Patriots? If they're not releasing it on this gen, they for sure need to next gen. The first person, slow, tactical pace with the 3rd person cover system was awesome. And the guns and customization, top notch. Funny how you don't see things like that anymore in games....

If only they could layer the guns from Battlefield on top of Ghost Recon Future Soldier, it would be a top notch game. The tactical elements in the game are unforgiving and Intel is so crucial to matches, i really enjoyed it while i played actively. I wish more games would try and look at that direction more

#28 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

Just as others have said...Ghost Recon:FS's Co-op and MP communites are still active. The game in general(single player) is overall solid.:)

MarcRecon

I am sure you must have completed your level cap twice by now, i enjoy playing as the Recon class with my augmented camo sneaking around with a silenced semi auto sniper with that Intel attatchment and thermo-night optic. It was like a mindjack for opponents getting spotted most the time from an unknown source

#29 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -
  • Any COD game
  • Battlefield 3
  • Far Cry 3
#30 Posted by MarcRecon (5864 posts) -

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

megaspiderweb09

I am sure you must have completed your level cap twice by now, i enjoy playing as the Recon class with my augmented camo sneaking around with a silenced semi auto sniper with that Intel attatchment and thermo-night optic. It was like a mindjack for opponents getting spotted most the time from an unknown source

The MP was good but I mainly played the Co-op and SP.

#31 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

[QUOTE="megaspiderweb09"]

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

MarcRecon

The MP was good but I mainly played the Co-op and SP.

I could not play the coop because the game didnt have a matchmaking coop, that compiled with my poor Nat type made it near impossible to do coop but the mp did cover up for it tho, u shud try and play it more :)

#32 Posted by ez_moneymaker (1211 posts) -
  • Any COD game
  • Battlefield 3
  • Far Cry 3
Venom_Raptor
Does call of duty 4 still have a big community?
#33 Posted by RPGAddict4Ever (89 posts) -

COD

#34 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

• Any COD game
  • Battlefield 3
  • Far Cry 3

ez_moneymaker

Does call of duty 4 still have a big community?

Can still find games easy enough. Not as many hackers, cheats or noobs either.

#35 Posted by Papadrach (1965 posts) -

Looked at several places for a copy of GR:FS, couldnt find any. Sucks knowing it'll be around 25$ used plus another 10$ for an online pass...

#36 Posted by Papadrach (1965 posts) -

Well just bought the game used. Its really fun online and I'm finding matches no problem during the middle of the day on a Monday lol. Playing online for free up to level 5, then gotta buy the lame online pass. But i think it'll be worth it, I havent even dug into gunsmith either!

#37 Posted by marcheegsr (2846 posts) -

Well just bought the game used. Its really fun online and I'm finding matches no problem during the middle of the day on a Monday lol. Playing online for free up to level 5, then gotta buy the lame online pass. But i think it'll be worth it, I havent even dug into gunsmith either!

Papadrach

Add me to psn if you end up getting the pass.

PSN:ITALIANMOB

#38 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

• Any COD game
  • Battlefield 3
  • Far Cry 3

Venom_Raptor

i love far cry 3 bruv.

#39 Posted by BPoole96 (22803 posts) -
Counter Strike: Global Offensive is another option
#40 Posted by burock76 (1218 posts) -

go back to basics

COD 3

still having fun with it

#41 Posted by Papadrach (1965 posts) -

Already been playing CSGo on PC, been playing CS:S since 07 lol. Man i remember CoD. Mostly that map with the center bridge that you can walk above or through it, then a cabin on one side of the map, and a damn on the other. AND IT HAD VEHICLES! ha

#42 Posted by Papadrach (1965 posts) -

Alright that F200 assault gun is so overpowered, especially with a silencer and xray scope. so stupid and annoying