GTA_MGS_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GTA_MGS_1
Member since 2008 • 524 Posts

Been reading up about the new MGS game and it seems to be dumbed down compared to the older games, which i adored..

How is GZ on hard? i've heard about the new regenerating health which i'm not a fan of tbh. Also how do the checkpoints work? thanks.

GTA_MGS_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 GTA_MGS_1
Member since 2008 • 524 Posts

Anyone?

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

I wouldn't call it dumbed down, but it well known it's more of a paid demo. You have one map and you select a mission. From there you can explore the entire map and complete the mission however you want.

What makes the game hard on hard mode is the amount of resources you have and awareness of the enemies goes up. This is not a run and gun game, it's a stealth sneak and wait type of game. I suppose it's all about how well you get past enemies undetected, how many new items you uncover. You find out new secrets by interrogating enemies. Also you can rescue prisoners to gain a better rank. I guess the whole point is you can play really how you like.

You can literally complete missions in a few minutes or spend a hours sneaking around, rescuing prisoners and finding new items and uncovering every nook and cranny. The true difficulty comes from not setting off alerts and going undetected.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

Enemies are alerted much easier than on Normal so you will just be crouched or crawling more. Nothing too difficult to be honest. If you can S rank missions on Normal you should not have much trouble with Hard. You just have to be slightly more quiet.

araksik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 araksik
Member since 2009 • 537 Posts

@GTA_MGS_1: Didn't find it to be dumbed down in any way. I thought it was harder, but in a more realistic way. Enemies have far more better vision/hearing, which is combined with the open world element, forcing you to be very aware of your surroundings as well as your actions. The stealth in MGS5 (based on GZ, of course) is so much more dynamic than in any other entry in the series, in my opinion..