This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by vj226966 (484 posts) -
I posted a thread on this shortly after buying my Ps3, but no one replied at all. Im going to try this again because my wife gets doggin me, saying the Ps3 is a waste of 600.00 and so on.The problem is i will be watching a movie then after a 1/2 hour or so the menue where you can stop change chapter or what ever will pop up.I hit triangle and all is good.Then 45 minutes or so same thing.I have Sony BD remote also.The batteries are new and removed because i thought it was that and game remote is fully charged.Any ideas?
#2 Posted by D3monchicken (1270 posts) -

I posted a thread on this shortly after buying my Ps3, but no one replied at all. Im going to try this again because my wife gets doggin me, saying the Ps3 is a waste of 600.00 and so on.The problem is i will be watching a movie then after a 1/2 hour or so the menue where you can stop change chapter or what ever will pop up.I hit triangle and all is good.Then 45 minutes or so same thing.I have Sony BD remote also.The batteries are new and removed because i thought it was that and game remote is fully charged.Any ideas?vj226966

I am not sure, maybe it's a bluetooth glitch ??? It could possibly be tilting the playstation controller but i doubt it because i never watched a movie i wouldn't know. But tilting a controller online brought up player list and i had to ask others to find that that was the prob, well i'm really just posting this hoping someone else comes in... this is your bump ;)

#3 Posted by vj226966 (484 posts) -

I keep the controller sitting out of reach for anyone to touch.Well you said you dont watch movies,there was i time when you were watching movies it would pause or freeze it dosent do that anymore,but that pop up stinks.Thanks for reply,please someone else has a answer.

#4 Posted by johnnythegamer2 (1468 posts) -
I don't personally own a remote control like the one you have, but ummm call Sony. Ask for help, and in my honest opinion, I believe it's your blu-ray remote.
#5 Posted by vj226966 (484 posts) -
i took the batteries out of bluray remote because i thought it was that
#6 Posted by dmaximum (699 posts) -
I have the remote and I have never experienced that problem. I wish I could help you but I have never had a problem playing movies at all. Maybe it's something in your system settings, or someone touching the sixaxis, I dunno. Maybe return it for a replacement.
#7 Posted by myxylplyx (519 posts) -
1-800-345-SONY
#8 Posted by playstation_wii (5271 posts) -
I posted a thread on this shortly after buying my Ps3, but no one replied at all. Im going to try this again because my wife gets doggin me, saying the Ps3 is a waste of 600.00 and so on.The problem is i will be watching a movie then after a 1/2 hour or so the menue where you can stop change chapter or what ever will pop up.I hit triangle and all is good.Then 45 minutes or so same thing.I have Sony BD remote also.The batteries are new and removed because i thought it was that and game remote is fully charged.Any ideas?vj226966
did you accidently push a button?
#9 Posted by vj226966 (484 posts) -
no i didnt touch any buttons.I put all remotes up besides stereo remote.
#10 Posted by bizzy420 (2730 posts) -
i pretty much watch a movie a day, and i have never had that happen with my ps3. how long have you had your ps3? if its still under warranty i would probably try to get a new system.
#11 Posted by Benny_Blakk (906 posts) -
I've watched many movies on the PS3 and have not had that problem. It is most likely a glitch that you have to get looked at.
#12 Posted by vj226966 (484 posts) -
i called sony yesterday and he had me do a factory default reset.I have not tried it yet.Ill try it tonight i guess.Thanks for all replies.I bought my ps3 in feb so i doubt it is in warranty.I can live with it popping up if it still dose it.Thanks guys.
#13 Posted by vj226966 (484 posts) -
i called sony yesterday and he had me do a factory default reset.I have not tried it yet.Ill try it tonight i guess.Thanks for all replies.I bought my ps3 in feb so i doubt it is in warranty.I can live with it popping up if it still dose it.Thanks guys.
#14 Posted by vj226966 (484 posts) -
#15 Posted by djone2 (1 posts) -

I have the same problem with mine. It only happens on non-bluray movies for me. I dont use a BT controller so I doubt that's the issue. ITs not a major issue but funny enough my wife has made the 'you paid $600 for this" comment a couple of times.

-Diego

#16 Posted by geraldcole (1 posts) -
I have actually had the same problem and I FINALLY figured it out. It was one of my PS3 controllers. The way I figured this out was to shut off the controllers and be sure the problem stops. Then, I would turn one of the controllers back on. If it started doing it again, then you found the problem controller, if not, move on to the next until you do. Now, as far as fixing the controller from doing that, no luck but I have atleast figured out which one is the culprit.