Massive Action Game (MAG)....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by trigerhappyjake (8 posts) -
WHO KNOWS WHEN Massive Action Game (M.A.G) IS GOING TO BE RELEASED
#2 Posted by jfcundiff (6365 posts) -
Hopefully we see more at E3 this year. I would put money on it being released next year. I highly doubt it will be released this year.
#3 Posted by _Brennan_ (3241 posts) -
Not sure when exactly, but hopefully by this year! :D
#4 Posted by vp22 (1443 posts) -
dont know but that game looks like a piece of crap
#5 Posted by jfcundiff (6365 posts) -
dont know but that game looks like a piece of crapvp22
? They showed one screenshot and a CG video last year.
#6 Posted by vp22 (1443 posts) -
[QUOTE="vp22"]dont know but that game looks like a piece of crapjfcundiff

what kind of name is massive action game
#7 Posted by jfcundiff (6365 posts) -
[QUOTE="jfcundiff"][QUOTE="vp22"]dont know but that game looks like a piece of crapvp22

WOW you are forming an opinion off of the name of the game. We have seen no gameplay at all to say anything about the game, but you discredit the game because of its name? OK whatever you say.
#8 Posted by Dan_Lero (7485 posts) -
[QUOTE="jfcundiff"][QUOTE="vp22"]dont know but that game looks like a piece of crapvp22

My guess is that it is a working title name. Resistance 1 was called I-8 at first.
#9 Posted by Dirty3rdTex (628 posts) -
256 player battles changes any way i look at this game.
#10 Posted by shabab12 (2613 posts) -

oh dear or dear oh dear. Please leave the ps3 forums.
#11 Posted by Dirty3rdTex (628 posts) -
Oh I forgot to mention Zipper is developing it, who also developed SOCOM 1 and 2.
#12 Posted by thirteen_zombie (624 posts) -

umm a work in progress, I would hope and assume that a game where 256 people can play on together at once would be a work in progress and may have loose ends that will be picked up later. Also basing your opinion on 1 screen shot and 1 CG of a game that wasnt even anywhere near the beginning of developement is a little ridiculous. When this game comes out in a year or whenever and everyone is talking about how revolutionary it is, you'll get it.
#13 Posted by cronew1 (494 posts) -
I haven't heard much about this game but wouldn't 256 players at one time give you no chance of working as a team. I like 8v8 at the most usually anything more than that and it gets to be too much spawn camping, team killing and other BS. but like i said I don't know too much about it but I will by the end of the day, my job on campus is such a joke
#14 Posted by PSdual_wielder (10646 posts) -
We'll just need to know more about it first to lay down any thoughts. I personally hope its not a FPS, maybe a third-person shooter will be more fresh.
#15 Posted by rogerjak (14785 posts) -

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! The FUNNIES!

What kind of name is vp22? I don't like you.

See how that works?

#16 Posted by jfcundiff (6365 posts) -
I haven't heard much about this game but wouldn't 256 players at one time give you no chance of working as a team. I like 8v8 at the most usually anything more than that and it gets to be too much spawn camping, team killing and other BS. but like i said I don't know too much about it but I will by the end of the day, my job on campus is such a jokecronew1
The game from what people have said we have squads of 8 spread throughout the map. It sounds kind of like Battlefield 2. You will have a squad leader who reports to the commander. That squad can only communicate with people in that squad. The details are kind of vague now, but hopefully we will learn more soon enough.
#17 Posted by cronew1 (494 posts) -

[QUOTE="cronew1"]I haven't heard much about this game but wouldn't 256 players at one time give you no chance of working as a team. I like 8v8 at the most usually anything more than that and it gets to be too much spawn camping, team killing and other BS. but like i said I don't know too much about it but I will by the end of the day, my job on campus is such a jokejfcundiff
The game from what people have said we have squads of 8 spread throughout the map. It sounds kind of like Battlefield 2. You will have a squad leader who reports to the commander. That squad can only communicate with people in that squad. The details are kind of vague now, but hopefully we will learn more soon enough.

It looks interesting but there was a lot of lag in Socom with the 32 players. I don't know if buying this game at launch would be such a good idea when it finally does come out I would think about waiting a month or two until they get the servers set up. Also if I have to pay to play http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/rumor-control/909119209/26612881/mag-pay-to-play-on-ps3.html I would probably not get it based on the fact that there are so many other great shooters that I can play for free. The squad idea is alright but I think that they would need to make a way for the squad leaders to communicate to each other so they could say like I am taking my squad to point A and defending or whatever, it would make it more realistic and give it an actual shot of having real teamwork. The squad leader could just be the guy with the highest rank on your team.

#18 Posted by B-L-I-N-G-A-H (410 posts) -
[QUOTE="vp22"][QUOTE="jfcundiff"][QUOTE="vp22"]dont know but that game looks like a piece of crapshabab12

oh dear or dear oh dear. Please leave the ps3 forums. [/QUOTE/]HAHA
#19 Posted by Generalmojo (3670 posts) -

Its funny how MAG ryhmes with LAG:D

anyway ive heard u have to PAY for this game, YES PAY!!!!!

#20 Posted by rogerjak (14785 posts) -

Generalmojo

Omg!! PAY!? No way!! You have to buy this game?! THIEFS!! :P

Jk

We don't know for sure.

#21 Posted by Tikicobra (2058 posts) -

It could be good, but I'm not too excited for it, considering there was no actual gameplay shown at E3.

And not that it affects my opinion of the game, but I really hope they change the name.

#22 Posted by Top-A-Gamer (344 posts) -
We'll just need to know more about it first to lay down any thoughts. I personally hope its not a FPS, maybe a third-person shooter will be more fresh.PSdual_wielder
your going to be able to play in both. either FPS OR TPS which one you prefer
#23 Posted by Monstar23 (83 posts) -
Oh I forgot to mention Zipper is developing it, who also developed SOCOM 1 and 2.Dirty3rdTex
Really!!! That is amazing because Zipper did an AMAZING job on both Socom 1 and 2. Hopefully M.A.G. will be good, because what slant six did to Socom: Confrontation is a catastrophic.
#24 Posted by Generalmojo (3670 posts) -
[QUOTE="Generalmojo"]

rogerjak

Jk

We don't know for sure.

Yes i know hard to beleive :D

and pay for the online - (that im serious about :)

#25 Posted by metalpower08 (1254 posts) -
We'll just need to know more about it first to lay down any thoughts. I personally hope its not a FPS, maybe a third-person shooter will be more fresh.PSdual_wielder
since zipper is developing it i think there is a good chance it will be TPS
#26 Posted by trigerhappyjake (8 posts) -
i think paying for the online will be a good idea because the servers will be seperate and not shared so it will get rid of the lag.
#27 Posted by navstar29 (4036 posts) -
Mid to late 2010 is my guess. And the name of this game always makes me laugh!
#28 Posted by Fire-of-Njozi (468 posts) -
this is one of a handful of highlighted games that I have absolutely, positively no interest in playing. at all. dunno why. Maybe because it's an MMO.
#29 Posted by asuredwolf53 (93 posts) -
im excited to see how this game will work but they really need to change the name lol
#30 Posted by joseph_mach (3620 posts) -
[QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="Generalmojo"]

Generalmojo

Jk

We don't know for sure.

Yup, I was one of the "lucky" ones that received an email survey that asked how much I'd be willing to pay to play the game. It talked about options such as $4.99 a month, all the way up to over $100+ a year with a guild space, etc. Hopefully we'll hear more from this years E3.

#31 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -
I think Sony recently indirectly confirmed it for 2009.
#32 Posted by Storm_Marine (11926 posts) -

And you are basing that statement off of...?

#33 Posted by rogerjak (14785 posts) -
[QUOTE="Generalmojo"][QUOTE="rogerjak"]Omg!! PAY!? No way!! You have to buy this game?! THIEFS!! :P

Jk

We don't know for sure.

joseph_mach

Yup, I was one of the "lucky" ones that received an email survey that asked how much I'd be willing to pay to play the game. It talked about options such as $4.99 a month, all the way up to over $100+ a year with a guild space, etc. Hopefully we'll hear more from this years E3.

5 a month is actually ok. But 3 a month would be awesome. Or they could do packs, like 6 months = X (with a discount.)
#34 Posted by CannedWorms (3381 posts) -

[QUOTE="vp22"]dont know but that game looks like a piece of crapStorm_Marine

And you are basing that statement off of...?

Forget him, he's a troll. And don't feed him, that's how the trolls continue to live. :P And seeing as how we've saw no gameplay footage nor much information, I see this being pushed back to 09.
#35 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

Here we go, it's kinda confirmed for 2009-

http://uk.playstation.com/games-media/news/articles/detail/item135319/???What-are-you-looking-forward-to-most-on-PlayStation-in-2009/????/

"2009 will be the year of big, exclusive PS3 titles. Just to name a few, the year will start with the much anticipated launch of Killzone 2, followed by a fresh, new take on the superhero/anti-hero open sandbox genre inFamous, a mind-bending thriller Heavy Rain, a massive 256 player simultaneous online shooter MAG, an augmented reality, virtual pet in your room experience EyePet, and some more big titles that we have not even announced yet. On PSP, we have new titles and innovations that will connect and expand the PlayStation experiences."
Shuhei Yoshida, President, SCEE Worldwide Studios

And this is the president of SCE's Worldwide Studios so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#36 Posted by nethernova (4215 posts) -
im excited to see how this game will work but they really need to change the name lol asuredwolf53
Do you know what a working title is?
#37 Posted by Duckman5 (18934 posts) -
I LOVE the concept. Have vehicles and it's an insta buy for me.
#38 Posted by AGMing (1694 posts) -
i think i remember reading you will have to pay a monthly fee. dont mind that at all considering it will probably run on mmo like servers, so with the limited battle field size and 250+ player cap lag wont be much of an issue.
#39 Posted by Sw0rDMaN (1219 posts) -
Its going to be nuts!! Just like a big sack of nuts!! :D
#40 Posted by Wuflungdung (634 posts) -
[QUOTE="vp22"][QUOTE="jfcundiff"] ? They showed one screenshot and a CG video last year. jfcundiff

WOW you are forming an opinion off of the name of the game. We have seen no gameplay at all to say anything about the game, but you discredit the game because of its name? OK whatever you say.

isnt that the same as judging it as the greatest thing ever? which you see everywhere with every new FPS.
#41 Posted by river_rat3117 (3474 posts) -
zipper brought me some of the best years of online gamin with Socom 2, i hope they can do it again. sony must have some faith in them to let them drop out of socom for it