Manufacturer Refurbished PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Oldgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Oldgun
Member since 2009 • 391 Posts

Hi fellow gamespotters,

I still can't get over the loss of my beloved 80GB MGS4 Bundle PS3 (2008-2012) due to YLOD. Eventhough I bought a replacement Slim PS3 (not the ultra slim) I still miss the big old beauty. So I decided to look for one. I stumbled upon on Ebay and found This.

I need your advise if that's a good deal, is it worth to get one? Atleast, I can keep this as a memorable 'working' original PS3 in my collection.

And please don't talk about getting my old one repaired. Its history.....

Thanks everyone !

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Yes Buy the PS3 60GB manufacturer Refurbished PS3. Sony has repaired these and fixxed any YLOD issues. For $299.99 which is reasonable.

I would buy this if I didn't Already have a working PS3 60GB Which still works. I bought this for $250.00 with 2 controllers. I also bought another PS3 60 GB console for the Epic spouse. for $150.00 with just one controller.

But if you really enjoy using the the B/C feature of the original PS3. Then yes buy the 60GB Sony themselves have refurbished these consoles. The original version was the best looking Complete with Spiderman font. In addition to the Playstation 2 backwards compatibilites and the SD card slots which are useful to have sometimes. Plus the 4 USB ports

I spent a long time hunting down a PS3 60GB which was a huge pain. But it was worth it to me. I have 152 Playstation 2 games and 58 Playstation games So the Backwards compatibities of the Playstation 3 60GB is a feature that I actually use. I also have 130 PS3 games. So I can enjoy all three generation of Playstation on 1 console.

So spending all that time searching for a PS3 60GB phat was worth it. Then the spouse decided that the 60giger was the best. And I had to search again.

Even though at the time I had a brand new PS3 40GB model. I still took the time to search for an original phat because it is still the best version. I have a regular slim and a superslim. The original is still the best. For $299.99 a refurbished PS3 phat 60giger is worth it.

I would buy it if I didn't already have 1 or had to yet to find the spouse one.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Get a 40$ PS2 and call it a day,imo.
BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

Hi fellow gamespotters,

I still can't get over the loss of my beloved 80GB MGS4 Bundle PS3 (2008-2012) due to YLOD. Eventhough I bought a replacement Slim PS3 (not the ultra slim) I still miss the big old beauty. So I decided to look for one. I stumbled upon on Ebay and found This.

I need your advise if that's a good deal, is it worth to get one? Atleast, I can keep this as a memorable 'working' original PS3 in my collection.

And please don't talk about getting my old one repaired. Its history.....

Thanks everyone !

Oldgun

You should have learned your lesson when your fat ps3 got the ylod after a few years. The fat ps3s are less reliable than the slims so why would you even want to take the risk? Besides the fats sound like a washer machine, too big, uses a ton of electric, gets super hot and you are willing to buy a +7 year old USED system WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY. Buy used games? OK.... Buy used systems whether fat, slim or super slim? NO WAY!

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Stick with The Slim model. That's my advice. The regular ones are good, but why go back now. It's your life, but I like my Slim. 

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I wouldn't worry about it. You have perfectly capable and working PS3. If you're craving PS2 games, pick up 40$ PS2 and save yourself time and a lot of money. ;)