Making a North American PSN account in the UK?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nexozable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Nexozable
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I'm wanting to make a North American PSN account. I think the EU version of PSN is a ton of ass with barely going for it and quite frankly I'm sick of it.

I'm wanting to make an North American PSN account and just play online and buy games from there instead.

Are there any problems with doing this? All of my other games apart from the Japanese import of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD and Gundam Extreme VS (JP imports) and Disgaea 3 (NA import) are European.

Would I be able to play my games that I downloaded from the European PSN store?

I want to learn everything I can about doing this.
i_noseworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 i_noseworthy
Member since 2003 • 1585 Posts
Works just fine, unless they've changed things recently and I was somehow grandfathered in... I have a UK, JP and NA account. All work fine, and all games are available across all profiles.
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts

I've used separate Japan and EU accounts to get content off of the different marketplaces (all free DLC or region exclusive demos). Nothing was effected when I switched back over to my account. You should have 0 problems playing any retail, disc based games. However, you may have to switch back to your EU account when you want to play the games you have already purchased from the EU store.

Also you may need a legit U.S. street address before it will accept your information, but that isn't too hard to come by.

Games may also be laggier. I'm not sure how the logistics work, but conceivably you could be chosen to be put into an American server based upon your account being set up as NA.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Just know that everything digital is region locked:

-DLCs will only work with games from the same region.

-Purchases are dealth in the regional currency, so a compatible card is required.

-All content downloaded to the unit can be used by all accounts on it, so you don't necessary have to play with the NA account.

-Think very carefully which region you purchase PS+ on, should that decision ever come up.

Fear-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Fear-
Member since 2012 • 499 Posts
Best thing to do would be, keeping your main account, make an US account and just to buy games that you can't buy in the EU store. For example CS:GO. And play the content on your normal account. DLC is region locked so when you buy your games in the UK or wherever your from you can only buy DLC from that store. You'll also need US psn cards to buy content from the US store. Also when you make your US account you should pick a state/city that doesn't add tax to your psn purchases, some states add tax some dont I can't think of a state/city but I'm sure someone can help you.
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Just know that everything digital is region locked:

-DLCs will only work with games from the same region.

-Purchases are dealth in the regional currency, so a compatible card is required.

-All content downloaded to the unit can be used by all accounts on it, so you don't necessary have to play with the NA account.

-Think very carefully which region you purchase PS+ on, should that decision ever come up.

Gxgear
the best answer