Lots of PS4's bricking?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 XspidervenomX
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts

Hey people, ive been reading reports most recently on flipboard with sources revealed that consoles are bricking like crazy.. Worse Sony isnt helping much cause its not out yet but it is through taco bell promotion. My first two 60 gb broke on their second update.

This isnt good news. I hope everyone's console works on delivery. I just dont want to hear the customary, " Only a small number of consoles have been affected". Cough, cough, original xbox..

Good luck!

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 XspidervenomX

http://www.examiner.com/article/early-ps4-adopters-are-reporting-hardware-failure-console-locks?cid=rss

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

At the moment I'm finding it difficult to believe - it would have to be the fastest bricking console in the history of all consoles. Sounds more like negative PR being in the form of rumors. If you want people to take it seriously, it's helpful to stop spreading rumors and provide sources. All I've seen is people pretending to have the console and saying theirs has bricked (with no proof of actually owning a PS4).

vg8open

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 vg8open
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

It's kind of difficult to know since the majority of the consoles are still in the warehouse.

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XspidervenomX

Im a bit worried.

http://segmentnext.com/2013/11/13/reports-faulty-working-ps4-units-popping-social-media/

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

Taco Bell gave out about 5000 PS4s out. (giving away a PS4 every 15 minutes).... Should we be surprised that a very very very small percentage failed? We are talking about electronics. We are hearing about like 3 supposed users who had it fail on them out of like 5000 given away?! We don't the know the sources if they are telling the truth. The xbox 360 had like a 45% chance of failing within 2 years. The launch PS3 had like a 12-15% chance but greatly improved that percentage with the slim and super slim. Probably like 5% nowadays.......... Bluray players typically have like 3%.

BRICKING LIKE CRAZY?! Really?

I do believe launch systems are the least reliable and that Sony makes better systems later in the systems life cycle... However I am not buying this link as PS4 systems being the next xbox 360 brick system.

We also have to take in account user errors.... I can see many gamers letting dust build up on their system, playing a game for like 12 hours straight in a cramped entertainment center, etc.... We can't always blame the system failing when plenty gamers take bad care of their systems.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Don't all systems come with a warranty just in case?

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By XspidervenomX

@BH14: you said very small percentage, where did u get thst fake thought?

Dude I just brought it up online and for a system not officially released and numerous, (which you obviously didnt bother to look) are reporting failures, .. for so few out there looks like its rather high at this point.

Deal with man. I dont like it either, .. but no worries, I have a receipt.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

This may be just a lot of people putting the PS4 encased without proper ventilation. Soon we'll know.

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XspidervenomX

@clr84651: lets hope its all users issues. If you read some of the articles, many would not update and where bricking before use. Some after 20 minutes. Anyways I hope it goes well but if not it will be interesting to see how Sony handles it.

Good luck tomorrow night.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@XspidervenomX:

@XspidervenomX said:

@clr84651: lets hope its all users issues. If you read some of the articles, many would not update and where bricking before use. Some after 20 minutes. Anyways I hope it goes well but if not it will be interesting to see how Sony handles it.

Good luck tomorrow night.

Friday morning about 11:00 AM. I will be surprised if either of my 2 PS4s brick.

haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts

Considering all the retail units in the hands of media outlets, with no reports of bricking... I'm pretty sure this is not a legitimate concern.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Do any of these sources in the Examiner article even have proof they have a PS4?

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

Social media blows it out of proportion. People say many people's PS4's are bricking but there's literally only like a half dozen reports out. There are several thousand of PS4 owners right now due to promotions. Electronics on average have a 15% failure rate. Defective or bricking consoles are just part of the business. People are just flipping out because the console hasn't released yet. These reports should be used as the end all bullet point.

gta50419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gta50419
Member since 2010 • 350 Posts
@KHAndAnime said:

Do any of these sources in the Examiner article even have proof they have a PS4?

Yes one dude posted pics, It's legit

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BH14

@XspidervenomX said:

@BH14: you said very small percentage, where did u get thst fake thought?

Dude I just brought it up online and for a system not officially released and numerous, (which you obviously didnt bother to look) are reporting failures, .. for so few out there looks like its rather high at this point.

Deal with man. I dont like it either, .. but no worries, I have a receipt.

What is the number of failed ps4s? Numerous? Are we seeing 1000 bricked ps4 from taco bell? Remember that about 5000 ps4 were given out by taco bell. The source to declare the ps4 as some buggy system like the next xbox 360 is weak because 6 out of 5000 ps4 were bricked.

lets see more than 6 cases before declaring it a brick system..... when it sells hundreds of thousands, we will get a much better sample size and failure percentage rate.

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 XspidervenomX

@BH14: your a bit too worried about broken consoles not being broken. Relax dude. Ignorance is bliss

I hope all the reports where from a bad batch. Heck mybe the chinese students got pissed making them..

kasuwelltv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By kasuwelltv
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Loading Video...

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#19 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Well, we are past the point of no return. We all will have an interesting weekend with our PS4's

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BH14

@XspidervenomX said:

@BH14: your a bit too worried about broken consoles not being broken. Relax dude. Ignorance is bliss

I hope all the reports where from a bad batch. Heck mybe the chinese students got pissed making them..

Since you are so sure that the ps4 is a brick system because 6 cases out of like 5000 given away, what do you think the failure rate would be within first 2 years? Are we seeing xbox 360's 40% territory? I doubt the ps4 will be a brick system. Sony has never ever made a brick system generation and this wont be any different even with 6 users experiencing problems. The launch ps3 was 15% and the new ps3 are probably 3-5% now.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It wont happen to either console that launches this month

I've been around them too much and have seen them run in awful conditions.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

A few isolated cases I'd say...

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 XspidervenomX

Well, keep fingers crossed and return to this post tomorrow at midnight. Half the country will have fired their ps4 up. We will have our answer then .

Hope to see you all on the battlefield late into Friday morning. .

Peace!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@marcheegsr said:

Don't all systems come with a warranty just in case?

I think it comes with a one year warranty.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

Let's get real folks, we can live in denial all we want but the possibility for a launch disaster exists. Record pre-orders and rushed production is a bad combination for an electronic device. If the problem is connected to the HDMI port, then this could very well be a massive assembly defect.

The fact that it has happened, even to a low percentage of early recipients(although IGN and Kotaku have both reported failures), in this day and age of social media storms, this could be tragic news. The one major thing Sony had going for them was consumer confidence but if Friday morning rolls around and the net is inundated with tales of defective units this could damage the playstation division beyond repair(and this is not hyperbole).

One definite fact: My personal wonderment and excitement for Launch night has been ruined and instead of full-on joy I'm going to be picking up my PS4 tonight with that feeling of dread undermining the whole experience. THIS SUCKS!

XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 XIntoTheBlue
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts

@porkchopxp said:

Let's get real folks, we can live in denial all we want but the possibility for a launch disaster exists. Record pre-orders and rushed production is a bad combination for an electronic device. If the problem is connected to the HDMI port, then this could very well be a massive assembly defect.

On the same token, the talk of launch disaster is possibly overblown. I'm not giving in to the idea of disaster until forums are overwhelmed with such complaints.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

When I think of Dreamcast I cant think of any other system that didn't have issues. That damn thing wouldn't overheat or anything. Bring it back Sega! Most reliable console in history!

aws77511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29 aws77511
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Yea I am one of the lucky unlucky ones that won ps4 from taco bell I tried to turn it on a blue light flashing light came on and no picture on TV . Held power button for 7 seconds to turn off system then while off held button till I Hear second beep but instead of going into recovery mode it just turned off the system tried again same thing. TV does recognize it is plugged in just no picture because when I unplug cable from back of system it let's me know it's been unpluged. I really hope this is just a taco bell incident because I love Sony and this would be bad news for them.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RimacBugatti

It will be fine. They just moved those too soon I think. Hey atleast you had a burrito to go!

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 XspidervenomX

Troubles aren't going away.

Ps4's having HDMI and other unrelated issues.. Dam this sucks

And to the DReamcast Post. So right. We have ours still hooked up in the bedroom and it works like new and we actually have more games for it than any other system. Still the best sports games.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jaysonguy

@XspidervenomX said:

And to the DReamcast Post. So right. We have ours still hooked up in the bedroom and it works like new and we actually have more games for it than any other system. Still the best sports games.

You really need to take a step back.

That whole "the troubles aren't going away" covers the same stories that are already in this thread.

So what are you expecting? That the news stories disappear?

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By XspidervenomX

@RimacBugatti:

I dont think so. I dont want to always make excuses for these companies. Always giving them a break, always using the word "Glitch", like problems are some act of God.. Theses are not technical marvals Ps4 , Xbox one. They are fairly straight forward, had many years to make. It might just be a matter of building these machines in China. Who knows, perhaps the school people who had to build these as part of their diploma, getting paid nothing, building for some rich kids...,, were not happy and F&^%ked them up.

What was alarming to me though was Sony's refusal to help these people. They did release "their" console to people. Sony not equipped to handle them? Out of the gate this is the service going forward? Just a concern is all. Something to pay attention to.

IGN and Kotaku both received consoles that failed and were abruptly replaced. Obviously we all back Sony and their product and are all dumping a lot of money tonight. I hope the experience is a positive one for everyone.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RimacBugatti

China as we all know has very poor quality control.

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 XspidervenomX

@RimacBugatti: You are right my friend.

This may be the problem.. just a guess or theory. Hopefully not. But wouldn't you be pissed? I wouldn't be surprised if they messed up a bunch of PS4's in protest.

REPORT: Over 1000 Chinese Students forced to build PS4's to Graduate.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RimacBugatti

Well with that being said I will not be buying any PC equipment manufactured by Foxxconn. Why cant people treat others the way that they want to be treated?

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 XspidervenomX

@Jaysonguy: @haze_blaze:

Tell yourself what ever. Except dude media outlets have reported issues,, Ign and Kotaku both got dead systems., isnt everyone a lier who you dont agree with.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jaysonguy

@XspidervenomX said:

@Jaysonguy: @haze_blaze:

Tell yourself what ever. Except dude media outlets have reported issues,, Ign and Kotaku both got dead systems., isnt everyone a lier who you dont agree with.

1. Learn to use the correct words.

2. I'm not saying anyone lied. I'm saying that if you're past the age of ten you understand that everything made has defective units in the mix and there's no way to tell what the overall numbers are until every single unit from that batch is tried.

3. You're showing off a really large immaturity streak when it comes to posting about this. Instead of going on and on about the same things you should have condensed this all into one thread that covered what the issues are, how to identify them, and possible solutions.

urbansys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 urbansys
Member since 2003 • 235 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

At the moment I'm finding it difficult to believe - it would have to be the fastest bricking console in the history of all consoles. Sounds more like negative PR being in the form of rumors. If you want people to take it seriously, it's helpful to stop spreading rumors and provide sources. All I've seen is people pretending to have the console and saying theirs has bricked (with no proof of actually owning a PS4).

you still finding it difficult to believe?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MarcRecon

@XIntoTheBlue said:

@porkchopxp said:

On the same token, the talk of launch disaster is possibly overblown. I'm not giving in to the idea of disaster until forums are overwhelmed with such complaints.

Agreed, we'll just have to wait and see from our OWN personal experience and additional research.

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 XspidervenomX

@MarcRecon:

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

I hope this is just a few outliers and that the percent of failure is low. There will always be some failures with hardware but more than low single digits would be "bad". Sony wouldn't expose themselves to such a mess with so much at stake. I'm betting it will be a Good Friday!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Geez... talk about overreacting. A few consoles with problems isn't the end of the world. It happens. To hear some people are cancelling their preorders because of this is quite amusing.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

@XIntoTheBlue said:

@porkchopxp said:

Agreed, we'll just have to wait and see from our OWN personal experience and additional research.

Statistics aside, I'm getting my "stages of grief," over with now so if I'm one of the "unlucky few," I won't be enraged. Look, I'm quite aware of the potential for hardware/software problems with a new console but let us have a few months with the damn things before any major issues crop up, don't ruin launch night/day(is that too much to ask?).

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MarcRecon

@porkchopxp said:

@MarcRecon said:

@XIntoTheBlue said:

@porkchopxp said:

Statistics aside, I'm getting my "stages of grief," over with now so if I'm one of the "unlucky few," I won't be enraged. Look, I'm quite aware of the potential for hardware/software problems with a new console but let us have a few months with the damn things before any major issues crop up, don't ruin launch night/day(is that too much to ask?).

lol...right there with ya bro!! :)

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

@porkchopxp said:

Personally, I'd rather something happen now while I still have plenty to do on PS3 than happen down the road when I've moved on to just PS4. I do agree that the first week would be nice though.

roadkill88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By roadkill88
Member since 2005 • 2313 Posts

8/4000 = 0.2%

It's actually worthy to brag about.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RimacBugatti

Yeah I thought 0.4% was a little too high. lol

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By XspidervenomX

LESS than 6 hours east coast. Hope everyone has a perfect working console, reports will roll in shortly thereafter.

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By XspidervenomX

Omg. I was hearing all the news, went over to amazon, it like everyone sold was dead, wtf?

Again making those students build them for diploma in china might have some truth to it like I said before release.

Mine froze, snd gets tons of errors but I can still play some games. B4 however is completely broken or its my ps4.

Dam!