Leaving PS3 on over night to download games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by JordanizPro (1912 posts) -

So i just bought a PS3 with PS plus and i have a crap ton of games that i have to download but it will take forever unless i keep my ps3 on through the night. Is this a bad idea? Do any of you guys do this? Im scared it might overheat or something

#2 Edited by ristactionjakso (5730 posts) -

@JordanizPro said:

So i just bought a PS3 with PS plus and i have a crap ton of games that i have to download but it will take forever unless i keep my ps3 on through the night. Is this a bad idea? Do any of you guys do this? Im scared it might overheat or something

Just download 1 or 2 games at a time.

Put all the games in your psn cart and buy them all. Put it on download in background. Go back to the main menu, go over the download status in the internet section. You can pause games so they dont download. Keep 1 or 2 games un paused, then go up to turn off system and it will ask you if you want the system to shut off after downloading. Your ps3 will be fine. The new slims are pretty reliable systems.

#3 Posted by SirSlimyScott (266 posts) -

@JordanizPro: You can set it so it turns off once the downloads are down.

#4 Edited by SOedipus (6815 posts) -

I've done it a couple times. I just keep my tv off.

#5 Posted by marcheegsr (2831 posts) -

I have left my ps3 on overnight by accident so many times. No problems here.

A night or two won't hurt your ps3. Just don't do it all the time to be safe..

#6 Posted by MondasM (1263 posts) -

it's really no problem...

#7 Posted by SpiderLuke (523 posts) -

I do it all the time. Don't do it if you live in a volcano I guess.

#8 Edited by murstdurst (303 posts) -

It's perfectly fine to let your ps3 turned on all night... it's not going to overheat just because it's downloading games, there's actually a bigger chance of overheating when you are playing a game. But don't be afraid of overheating, it will only happen if the console is faulty or you live in a very very hot place :P

#9 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4713 posts) -

I wish the PS3 would download these titles in sleep mode like PS4 does but oh well, that's next-gen for ya

#10 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72239 posts) -

@JordanizPro said:

put them all on the list and download them. It shouldn't be an issue

#11 Posted by pillarrocks (1320 posts) -

No problems leaving it on download.

#12 Edited by blamix99 (2036 posts) -

@SpiderLuke said:

I do it all the time. Don't do it if you live in a volcano I guess.

lol..

#13 Posted by Bigboi500 (29999 posts) -

I do it all the time and have had no problem with either of my two PS3s.

#14 Posted by SpiderLuke (523 posts) -

Seriously, I think it is sort of encouraged.

#15 Posted by jakesnakeel (167 posts) -

My ps3 has been on for about 5 years straight...