Leaving Gamespot...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for InstantKlassick
InstantKlassick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

Edited By InstantKlassick
Member since 2010 • 1161 Posts

It is with sad news that I have to inform you that I am leaving Gamespot. I don't want to, nor did I ever think I would be pushed away. It is obvious that the morons in the programming and "web design" department do not care about "ease of access." This site has completely turned to sh*t. They dont care that we dont have Union, or FUSE. Im over it. This site sucks. If anyone wants to get ahold of me please find me on PSN (Killah184) or if you really want to stay in touch, PM and I will give you my email. I have made a lot of great friends on this site. Too many to mention really. And I have made some enemies too, only because I have an opinion. :) Anyway, thanks guys for the last 6 years. I will miss all of you. Take care and I will see you on the other side. Hopefully I will come back when GS makes the site operational.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Man that sucks dude, but i agree. The only reason i am staying is because of the community really.

wolf503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 269

#2  Edited By wolf503
Member since 2008 • 151 Posts

Only reason I'm staying is because I can't be bothered adapting to another site. Only reason I don't visit GS as much is because I have no idea what games I'm following, I can no longer order a list of upcoming games and if I try the dates start from the latest and sometimes are not ordered correctly, and there's no more fuse. Fortunately I can still get my fix of GS News and watch Danny play random shit. So far navigating around the site has been fine for me too, I adapted to that pretty well, just the functionality is broken when I finally get to where I want to go xD

Avatar image for Danyawesomsauce
Danyawesomsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Danyawesomsauce
Member since 2013 • 115 Posts

Farewell, my friend. :(

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Can't say I blame you. The site will start working eventually, but it really sucks that Unions are gone. This place just isn't really the same, but I don't think I'll be leaving.

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#5 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I'm gutted that the GameSpot UK forms have been removed. I prefer the old site it was easier to use especially on my tablet. I haven't been on GameSpot much over the last couple of months I've been using Gamefaqs instead.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#8 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@lensflare15 said:

Can't say I blame you. The site will start working eventually, but it really sucks that Unions are gone. This place just isn't really the same, but I don't think I'll be leaving.

It's been confirmed that they will come, talked to some guys on staff, and they finally answered me. I don't know when though. But my union will be back my friend :D

But i can't blame him either. I have been considering this aswell. But i am sticking around i think

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@lensflare15 said:

It's been confirmed that they will come, talked to some guys on staff, and they finally answered me. I don't know when though. But my union will be back my friend :D

But i can't blame him either. I have been considering this aswell. But i am sticking around i think

Huh, that's great news. Your Union was one of my favorite to post at.

Hope things pick up around the rest of the forums as well, though.

Avatar image for cynical_buzzard
Cynical_Buzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 Cynical_Buzzard
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

Was a blog really necessary?

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

I was deeply angered at the new layout of the site recently, not only very ugly, but not practical (finding a game is already difficult but finding info for this game on another platform is incredibly difficult). I wanted to check on Doablo 3 for consoles (I choose games) I have a list with : DPS for Diablo 3, Diablo 3 AH reminder, calculator for Diablo 3 ... For Assassin's creed 3 I only found the review of the main game by luck, as I was directed to the review of the Washington DLC each time (which I can't find anymore!).

So sure I'm bored with many things on this site, but what alternative do we have? I mean a quasi professional site with that much members and good coverage of important events? I don't have the solution honestly.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#12 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I feel ya bro!!! But I got you on my PSN friends list...I'll be blasting your A$$ next-gen!! lol