launch day PS4 without preorder plans?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts

So those of us who weren't able to get a preorder in time, what are your plans to get one on launch day? Which stores do you think have better odds of having enough for those without preorders? Do you think we will need to "camp"? or just show up maybe an hour before a store opens?

Post your thoughts here as I hope to obtain a PS4 at launch, though I don't plan to show up anymore than 2 hours before the opening of a store on Nov. 15th.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

you'll be lucky if u get one at launch imo.

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

Very big supermarkets could have some, in France some don't even take pre orders they just sell them when the shop opens. I got mine in Geant casion at 5.30 pm on launch day, the shop opened at 8 am.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

You might get lucky. Be prepared to go store to store and try to get out there as early as possible on launch day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#5 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Try checking out stores that other people might not think to check. To give an example (and I doubt you'd actually find a PS4 here but...) I actually saw some video games at Dick's Sporting Goods before. Another thought is to check out smaller local game stores that other people might overlook and go straight to Gamestop instead of.

Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Prince_Denspion

yup i'm avoiding gamestop without a preorder, I am thinking bestbuy or target, though best buy sai they may not have any other than preorders available on launch.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

Your only hope is to get to a large retailer...Best Buy, Target, Walmart etc very early on the day of launch and start camping. Place like these will more than likely have Midnight launches and Im sure that there will be a lot of people doing the same thing. The odds of you just walking into a store with little effort and getting one are basically 1 in 1,000,000,000.

I was actually able to get a preorder in late. We have a larger retailer here in the Midwest USA call Nebraska Furniture Mart. The sell the best of the best when it comes to Audio, visual, furniture and whatnot. I got my preorder in with them on September 20th. Pick it up the morning of November 16th.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I think I'm just going to check Craigslist. I always find things I want on there, even if they're sold out elsewhere.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I'm just going to wait a few weeks and try to get one. I still have PS3 games to finish and it'll make it less stressful going into a store and dealing with a bunch of people trying to get one the week after the PS4 launches. Though, I may preorder and pick up AC4 before I get a PS4 so I can get the preorder extras.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

I think I'm just going to check Craigslist. I always find things I want on there, even if they're sold out elsewhere.

this is what NOT to do.. you'd be paying double the actual cost of the system.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#13 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Dude, if you are going 2yrs before the store opens, then you are just wasting your time!!! There's gonna be a ton of people there from the previous night. God I'm glad I preordered!!

CoUGHB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CoUGHB
Member since 2013 • 30 Posts

I doubt every store in my city will be sold out. I could just call store to store, maybe prioritizing the mom and pop shops. Craigslist and ebay are good ideas, but I fear they will over charge. :(

Avatar image for cynical_buzzard
Cynical_Buzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 Cynical_Buzzard
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

I am not going to worry about getting it day one.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@FinalFighters said:

@KHAndAnime said:

I doubt it. Even if things are hard to find in store, I typically find it cheaper on Craigslist.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@FinalFighters said:

@KHAndAnime said:

I doubt it. Even if things are hard to find in store, I typically find it cheaper on Craigslist.

If it's sold out everywhere trust me, Craigslist is not the place to go, I'm already going to sell mine for $800 to this guy that wants it on launch day. no one on there is selling it for less than $500. I'd suggest waiting about a week after and then checking Craigslist when the demand isn't so crazy

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

I went with no pre-order with the Wiion launch day. I waited outside target for 8 hours but I did get one. In the days before I called a lot of targets to see if I could get a feel for stock.

Tis time around I pre-ordered both consoles day one on Amazon. F all that standing in line!

Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Prince_Denspion

I got an email notification from amazon that a launch bundle was available, so to be safe I snagged it, its the battlefield 4 bundle which includes 1 year of ps plus. I should get it on launch day Nov. 15th so i'm all set.

Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

@Prince_Denspion said:

I got an email notification from amazon that a launch bundle was available, so to be safe I snagged it, its the battlefield 4 bundle which includes 1 year of ps plus. I should get it on launch day Nov. 15th so i'm all set.

I also got that email yesterday and snagged one. I'm so stoked. I text my buddy and forwarded the email to him.. he almost checked out but decided to add Black Flag as well.. when he got back to the checkout page... sold out. Talk about bad timing.. an extra 30 seconds cost him a launch day console.