LAN / System Link Compatible Games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TehRats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TehRats
Member since 2008 • 38 Posts

Just wondering (since I'm hella bored of playing Halo 2 LAN with my buds) if there were any games that supported this feature? If so, do both systems have to be updated to the most recent version?

Thanks in advance:D

TehRats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TehRats
Anybody :(
TehRats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TehRats

Sorry about the triple post but....

Would Warhawk happen to be one of these games?

i.e 2 PS3's, conected via a LAN cable, to 2 seperate Televisions, so one team is on one screen, the second on the other.

Any Responses welcome:)

damonous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 damonous
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Really amazing that, after all this time, there's still no good cohesive list on the Internet, it seems. I can tell you this: I have 2 PS3 systems and KNOW for a FACT that the following PS3 games support the local LAN feature:

Warhawk (even lets you LAN 2 PS3 with a 4-way splitscreen on each ---probably more, but that's the max I've personally done)

Unreal Tournament 3

Armored Core 4

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (like Warhawk, will also allow a splitscreen local LAN)

Dirt (but, don't get excited: this game's "multiplayer" support is a joke --it's really a 'realtime stats battle'; not an interactive race)

Formula 1 Championship Edition

Dark Sector (the manual states LAN support, although I have yet to try it)

I've also personally setup local LAN on the Haze (2 PS3 w/splitscreen) and Grid demos (so, I presume the full versions support it).

Depending on your broadband quality, you can also linkup more than one PS3 through 1 router to an online game. For example, I've also done a 4-way Warhawk on 1 system, a 3-way splitscreen on another, and connected to online gamers. Of course, this is much more precarious of a way of connecting. I've also done GTA IV as a 2-way like this. Also, The Club, Army of Two and others.

Still, there is a real need for a comprehensive list. I just recently revised my setup and am preparing for a 4-way LAN party ...but it's difficult to get adventurous with other games, since you never know what the full capabilities are until you try. For example, as mentioned above, Warhawk has GREAT flexibility. But, many games that allow 4-player splitscreen will not also allow 4player splitscreen & online play. (Warhawk DOES, but this is special; not the norm.)

By the way--you don't need to directly-connect the PS3's. You can local-LAN them wirelessly (via either of the methods I described above).

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

Really amazing that, after all this time, there's still no good cohesive list on the Internet, it seems. I can tell you this: I have 2 PS3 systems and KNOW for a FACT that the following PS3 games support the local LAN feature:

Warhawk (even lets you LAN 2 PS3 with a 4-way splitscreen on each ---probably more, but that's the max I've personally done)

Unreal Tournament 3

Armored Core 4

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (like Warhawk, will also allow a splitscreen local LAN)

Dirt (but, don't get excited: this game's "multiplayer" support is a joke --it's really a 'realtime stats battle'; not an interactive race)

Formula 1 Championship Edition

I've also personally setup local LAN on the Haze (2 PS3 w/splitscreen) and Grid demos (so, I presume the full versions support it).

Depending on your broadband quality, you can also linkup more than one PS3 through 1 router to an online game. For example, I've also done a 4-way Warhawk on 1 system, a 3-way splitscreen on another, and connected to online gamers. Of course, this is much more precarious of a way of connecting. I've also done GTA IV as a 2-way like this. Also, The Club, Army of Two and others.

Still, there is a real need for a comprehensive list. I just recently revised my setup and am preparing for a 4-way LAN party ...but it's difficult to get adventurous with other games, since you never know what the full capabilities are until you try. For example, as mentioned above, Warhawk has GREAT flexibility. But, many games that allow 4-player splitscreen will not also allow 4player splitscreen & online play. (Warhawk DOES, but this is special; not the norm.)

By the way--you don't need to directly-connect the PS3's. You can local-LAN them wirelessly (via either of the methods I described above).

damonous
i must say this is a great first post
XtremeTrixX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XtremeTrixX
did you say you've played GTA IV on LAN?? on the box for 360 it doesn't say its LAN or local split-screen.. also can u play warhawk LAN or local split-screen offline? and what about Killzone 2.. is it LAN or split-screen?
XtremeTrixX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XtremeTrixX
is there any way 2 play warhawk offline??? i tried playing with some friends when my internet wasn't working and it kept trying 2 initialize connection how do i fix this? does anyone else have this problem?
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
I'm sure you can play Warhawk offline. I remember when the servers were constantly down in the first week of release. My brother and I pretty much practiced offline the entire time before they fixed the online components.
XtremeTrixX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 XtremeTrixX
I'm sure you can play Warhawk offline. I remember when the servers were constantly down in the first week of release. My brother and I pretty much practiced offline the entire time before they fixed the online components.hazelnutman
OK well maybe they updated it so u have to be connected online they would have to be stupid to do that i know because i tested it yesterday.. do it.. unplug your modem and play warhawk.. press local game and it will say "network cannot establish connection then go back to the menu"
vincent7th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vincent7th
Member since 2005 • 215 Posts

I find it odd that, while Lost Planet 2 for Xbox 360 supports system link/LAN, the PS3 version does not. At least there is no mention of it in the manual and no slectable connection option when starting games. Maybe Capcom would release a patch.

mzaztzsz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mzaztzsz
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I know it's a very old thread, but it was one of the first hits to my google search.. This is the link you want: http://www.co-optimus.com/system.php?id=2&sort=lan&direction=ASC check the lan column
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Online multiplayer games use the internet as the LAN and you set the game up as private and invite your buddies in or set it to only accept friends in the game.