kojima just cant shut up

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ewalthour (649 posts) -

Man he is laughable how he is trying to justify mgs ground zero. Personally I thinnk it would better if he didn't keep explaining himself. I know he preferred to have phantom pain along with ground zero but I am cool with getting something k knowing phantom could come out in 2 yrs.

Recap,Kojima wants pc version of ground zero, never intended 2 games, games need to change to become part of culture( by torture scenes?) . Isn't there plenty of violent games like gta 5? Blah blah blah. Kojima loves the say his peace.

#2 Posted by thebest31406 (3323 posts) -

He's about six years too late. The torture fad is a Bush-era fad. It went out with the Saw movies.

#3 Posted by Young_Charter (19844 posts) -

He's about six years too late. The torture fad is a Bush-era fad. It went out with the Saw movies.

it sure did....

#4 Posted by bezza2011 (2372 posts) -

@thebest31406 said:

it sure did....

Kojima invented the torture in games, Metal gear solid, had a mini game about torture.

#5 Posted by Young_Charter (19844 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@thebest31406 said:

it sure did....

Kojima invented the torture in games, Metal gear solid, had a mini game about torture.

Kojima puts too much pressure on himself.

#6 Posted by ewalthour (649 posts) -

@bezza2011: so I guess we can preorder digitally to get a one up on phantom pain? I guess digital preorders are coming soon nmbut so far not on Psn+.

Man I saw video on ign where the guy who did the QA for ground zero said the cyborg mission is better than the ps4. Why did ps4 get screwed when PlayStation made mgs series? Oh well.

Finally we have a date for watchdog

#7 Posted by Namgis (3572 posts) -

I'd imagine it would be easy to shut up if he wasn't harangued about it every second of every day. What would be the story then? "Kojima wont defend himself and his work!?" He has a platform, just, as, many, others. As much as they claim to dislike the attention, isn't it really what they wanted when they entered the industry?

Things are what they are and will be what they will be.

#8 Posted by elkoldo (1009 posts) -

I've had it with Kojima , he bores the sheet out of me now too.

#9 Edited by gargungulunk (139 posts) -

The other side of the coin; of Kojima not shutting-up-----is that people still ask him questions.

Media as of late (*awkward silence*), has been the drive towards a lot of his mention...interviewers/diggers are playing interested.

The guy is just working;

trying to hype a new entry in a new generation....in a new way.

Time's been spent on this interactive-game, one can't just put it on the shelf these days.

I give Kojima the right-of-way when it comes to stretched online-statements; dudes earned it.

#10 Posted by ewalthour (649 posts) -

You guys know he talks a lot. Some explaining why we are getting a small portion of the real game and some comments because he loves attention and a great promoter.

#11 Posted by Ballroompirate (22555 posts) -

If anything it's the people that whine about Kojima who can't shut up. Every damn MGS game people find something to ***** about.

#12 Posted by BattleSpectre (5963 posts) -

Kojima needs to get knocked the F*** OUT

#13 Posted by RossRichard (2333 posts) -

He still isn't as annoying as Cliffy B.

#14 Posted by Namgis (3572 posts) -

If anything it's the people that whine about Kojima who can't shut up. Every damn MGS game people find something to ***** about.

"I don't want to play as Raiden, Raiden sucks!"

"Why do I have to eat food? Med packs were fine."

"There's soooooo many cutscenes this time." "Why no trophies, I hate this series now."

I don't know to what you're referring to be honest. Aren't gamers reasonable, open minded hobbyists? I like when game makers get defensive and justify themselves, it shows me they believe in their work.

#15 Posted by Ballroompirate (22555 posts) -

@Namgis said:
@Ballroompirate said:

"I don't want to play as Raiden, Raiden sucks!"

"Why do I have to eat food? Med packs were fine."

"There's soooooo many cutscenes this time." "Why no trophies, I hate this series now."

I don't know to what you're referring to be honest. Aren't gamers reasonable, open minded hobbyists? I like when game makers get defensive and justify themselves, it shows me they believe in their work.

People whine about anything when it comes to Kojima/MGS, it's starting to get annoying pretty fast.

#16 Posted by bezza2011 (2372 posts) -

@bezza2011: so I guess we can preorder digitally to get a one up on phantom pain? I guess digital preorders are coming soon nmbut so far not on Psn+.

Man I saw video on ign where the guy who did the QA for ground zero said the cyborg mission is better than the ps4. Why did ps4 get screwed when PlayStation made mgs series? Oh well.

Finally we have a date for watchdog

Well I'm not sure you can pre-order it digitally, It may come up a few days before the game is out, and I'm pretty sure they said that if you buy this then you get a discount off of the main game once it comes out.

whats this about a Cyborg Mission???? I've not heard anything are we talking about the whole old snake mission on PS4 and a different one for Xbox One, if so I completely agree I love the old MGS game but seriously I don't care about the old graphics it was the story i cared about i want better looking games

#17 Posted by yixingtpot (1379 posts) -

just wait for the game and play it, I preordered and will judge it later after I've played it. I'm thinking of it as a demo to give a idea about his new concepts in game design. I hope it's a good direction.