Killzone 3 not impressive at all so far

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts

The game looks just like Killzone 2 which isn't a bad thing but in 2 years, I have noticed no changes in the textures, and they've made the grain filter even stronger now. Shotguns are still way overpowered, and the melee kills are way to strong, someone can run past your and smack you in the face and your dead. It's not even those knife kills that they've been showing off. I love Killzone 2, but in the past 2 years, this isn't even Killzone 3, more like Killzone 2.5. I know the game is alpha code still, but 2011 is not far off and the game man... has not improved.

justin01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 justin01
Member since 2004 • 857 Posts

I am SO looking forward to trading in black ops for KZ3. Kz2 is still one of my favorite shooters. And KZ3 looks like a blast!!

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Isnt there a kinda way you can get your complaints accross to Guirella games,i mean they shud av some fan forum or something

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
If it's anything like KZ2 then that's good enough for me.
kramer_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 129

#5 kramer_inc
Member since 2008 • 1303 Posts

If you are in the beta test you should let the developers know about your complaint so they can improve the game. I respect your opinion but I can't wait for Killzone 3

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

I just downloaded the Beta off the PS Store. After playing two matches, all I can say is that it's a hell of a lot faster than KZ2 is. The movement and running speed is much quicker. It feels more like CoD now. You can still differentiate the two pretty well, but still, I;m not sure if I like it or not yet.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts
I'm sure KZ2 came out last year, thats not two years. Loved KZ2 and looking forward to KZ3, I haven't seen much of KZ3 but it looks good enough for me. We are at the point in the system cycles where the gfx are not going to improve dramatically, I suppose your complaints are more game tweaks and balancing issues. They have time to work on the game and beta test for work out the kinks, I bet the game is improved when it releases.
J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 J-WOW
Member since 2010 • 3105 Posts
Yeah I hate how one punch kills you, just the regular punch that in kz2 you had to do atleast 2 to kill somebody. I know its just a beta but damn, it really does look like KZ2.5
J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 J-WOW
Member since 2010 • 3105 Posts
I'm sure KZ2 came out last year, thats not two years. Loved KZ2 and looking forward to KZ3, I haven't seen much of KZ3 but it looks good enough for me. We are at the point in the system cycles where the gfx are not going to improve dramatically, I suppose your complaints are more game tweaks and balancing issues. They have time to work on the game and beta test for work out the kinks, I bet the game is improved when it releases.gagit811
when KZ3 comes out it will be 2 years tho, KZ2 came out Feb 09
atc-fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 atc-fanatic
Member since 2009 • 973 Posts

my only gripe with kz3 beta is (very limited play) is the new controls. i hate them it felt like cod and i already liked kz2 controls. it only took an hour to get use to kz2 controls! i didnt understand how every1 hated them it gave kz2 a different idenity now its just feelscookie cutter clone.

redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts
PSN store??? its not on the psn store.

I just downloaded the Beta off the PS Store. After playing two matches, all I can say is that it's a hell of a lot faster than KZ2 is. The movement and running speed is much quicker. It feels more like CoD now. You can still differentiate the two pretty well, but still, I;m not sure if I like it or not yet.

KH-mixerX
KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KH-mixerX

PSN store??? its not on the psn store. [QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

redskins2156

Oh, sorry. I meant the Indian PS Store. Make an Indian account, and voila. You got yourself the KZ3 Beta.

TROD_BING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TROD_BING
Member since 2008 • 768 Posts

KH-mixerX

This makes me sad because one of the reasons I dont like COD is because every one runs at ridiculous speeds.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KH-mixerX

[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

TROD_BING

This makes me sad because one of the reasons I dont like COD is because every one runs at ridiculous speeds.

Yeah, I feel you on that. It's still definitely different though. You can still tell it's Killzone.

greivous549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 greivous549
Member since 2008 • 156 Posts

Uncharted 2 is the same thing as Uncharted 1 yet that's impressive :P

blaqphantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 blaqphantom
Member since 2010 • 1829 Posts

Uncharted 2 is the same thing as Uncharted 1 yet that's impressive :P

greivous549
idk if your being sarcastic or not but uncharted 2 was a huge improvement over the first: 1. Longer, improved story 2. Amazing graphics 3. Multiplayer whereas i agree with the TC and ive been saying for months KZ3 looks like KZ2.5 the graphics look exactly the same it doesn't look like a big improvement etc.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Can't blame them... it's kinda hard to improve on perfection.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I think it has been obvious since the first Killzone 3 screenshots that it was right on par with Killzone 2, and even taking a step backwards. None of the screenshots or videos have impressed me at all... But i know someone here will say "it's too early to tell." Most of the vids we've seen are pre-alpha stage, no?
spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

Are you judging this off the beta? because SP graphics>MP graphics.

TheIndianChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#20 TheIndianChild
Member since 2007 • 1731 Posts

The game looks just like Killzone 2 which isn't a bad thing but in 2 years, I have noticed no changes in the textures, and they've made the grain filter even stronger now. Shotguns are still way overpowered, and the melee kills are way to strong, someone can run past your and smack you in the face and your dead. It's not even those knife kills that they've been showing off. I love Killzone 2, but in the past 2 years, this isn't even Killzone 3, more like Killzone 2.5. I know the game is alpha code still, but 2011 is not far off and the game man... has not improved.

SiKh22
KZ2 has stellar graphics anyways . I don't see any need for them to work on that , rather , I'd like to see them focus on a lengthier , and more story driven single player campaign , and more maps in multiplayers .
KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KH-mixerX

Can't blame them... it's kinda hard to improve on perfection.

Scianix-Black

Now there's a face I haven't seen in awhile.

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
Cool, where'd you get the beta/demo so I can play it and create some points about the game's mechanics as well.
fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fusionhunter
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

KZ3 feels more easier to play than KZ2 becuase in KZ2 ALOT of players after the first few online games stopped playing because the controls felt too heavy and awkward to aim. The XP system in KZ3 feels more rewarding.

redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

I don't see it on the indian psn store either?

[QUOTE="redskins2156"]PSN store??? its not on the psn store. [QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

KH-mixerX

Oh, sorry. I meant the Indian PS Store. Make an Indian account, and voila. You got yourself the KZ3 Beta.

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
Its an FPS.Theres nothing to be impressed
bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

I've kinda noticed that too, it doesnt look to different from KZ2, but then again I wouldn't want Guerilla to tamper with the awesome KZ2 formula anyways so KZ3 being identical to KZ2 is pretty much a good thing to me. I'm still hyped for this game!

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

TC = in the extreme minority with his opinion.

TheIndianChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#28 TheIndianChild
Member since 2007 • 1731 Posts

TC = in the extreme minority with his opinion.

clr84651
^ THIS
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I personally think the graphics are a downgrade. It's no longer 32 players online and the damn game has pop up textures big WTF.
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

man killzone 2 had amazing graphics so i dont think theres a problem there. but i think this would be an amazing game if they really had better maps. by better i mean more open maps, kinda similar to halo. killzone 2 was awesome but i think if they had more open type of maps it would be epic, cuz i remember in killzone 2 it just seemed too crowded, and there was a lot of hallway/corridor type of maps and rocket launcher spamming and all that nonsense. out of all the shooters i think killzone has the most potential cuz the battle system is really good and the guns feel realistic and heavy cuz of the recoil and all that, the graphics are amazing, i remember i used to pwn with the smg lol. especially with all that robot stuff there adding in the new one, more open maps kind of like halo i think would be awesome for this game giving it a more open war type of environment instead of trying to make it so technical like call of duty. to me thats kind of what happened with MW2 after MW1. the maps were so technical/camp type of maps.

xsynth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 xsynth
Member since 2010 • 864 Posts

I don't see it on the indian psn store either?

redskins2156
The beta is currently available to plus members (possibly EU only) I got it a few days ago off the NZ ps+ store. Not a huge fan so far
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts
Is anybody still playing KZ2? I mean Walmart will it have for $10 while Gamestop will have it for $14.99 so i expect some new ppl(Like me) willing to try the online mode.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

How many FPS sequels can you honestly say that it has drastically improved over the one before it? Not very many.

If KZ3 is more of the same, that's not necessary a bad thing. Assuming that's true of course.

Foxdies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Foxdies
Member since 2010 • 233 Posts

did you expect the same changes that we saw from killzone 1 to killzone 2? lol..

no seriously, it does look better, not mindblowing, just details etc..

and the melee's actually look fun to me, in killzone 2 the controlls felt a little too slow sometimes to melee, so in some cases it just came down to luck, not the better man.. so i hope thats better now... im not a big fan of melee in a shooter (in cod the melee is WAY overpowered, and too quick not to mention..) but in killzone 2 it felt like it needed improvement.. anyway, in my case itll be better anyway, cause i dont like my enemies getting too close to me, so i can either shoot them from midrange or get them with meleenow when they close :p in kz2 it just felt silly sometimes, trying to beat each other with the back of the gun, sometimes it came down to this silly one on one that took longer than it should have..i want to be able to kill a dude quick and without mercy when i get the chance, not have it turning into some chickenfight.. so in that aspect i kinda like the melee's this time, from what ive seen atleast (not into the beta)

arsala360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 arsala360
Member since 2009 • 66 Posts

ARE YOU THAT DUMB. MELEE HITS HAVE TO BE ONE HIT KILLS YOU IDIOT. IF YOU'RE LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE NEXT TO A GUY YOU DESERVE TO HIT HIM IN ONE KILL.

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts

ARE YOU THAT DUMB. MELEE HITS HAVE TO BE ONE HIT KILLS YOU IDIOT. IF YOU'RE LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE NEXT TO A GUY YOU DESERVE TO HIT HIM IN ONE KILL.

arsala360
Someone with your intelligence shouldn't be calling anyone dumb/ idiot. Yes, I am laughing AT you.
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Is anybody still playing KZ2? I mean Walmart will it have for $10 while Gamestop will have it for $14.99 so i expect some new ppl(Like me) willing to try the online mode.PSP107
Plenty still play. KZ2 online community is going strong.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Well same thing with most games nowadays, eg bioshock 2. Honestly? The jetpack is a cool addition but when it was anounce and it was shown, the following thing came into my mind: "Ah ok, its killzone 2 allright, might give it a shot later, in the meantime i got a lot more impressive games in 2011"

So yeah, a good game, but it does not look impressive to stand as a true sequel.

Also about the meele? Well, last time i checked it took a bazzilion hits to kill someone in killzone 2, so if meele is so overpowered, the player will run around meeling everyone rather shooting them. Kinda stupid.

winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 winner-ps3
Member since 2007 • 2364 Posts

(LINK) idk what u guys are talking about but kz3 looks better than kz2 def! Heres a review..."killzone3 beats Unchcharted2 graphically easily"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw0szy_EPEw

scarface102688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 scarface102688
Member since 2004 • 442 Posts
I enjoyed Kill zone, but the graphics were very grainy and if they don't have top of the line multiplayer then I will be very disappointed. In today's game world multiplayer online play is what people want. Single player campaign is still important but once you beat the game what can you look forward to? beating the game again? Kill Zone needs to make an innovated multiplayer. I think they have the talent to make a very good multiplayer experience, can anyone imagine what it would be playing 12 on 12 teams in the battlefield of kill zone. I think the best future for Kill zone is making it a Massive online game. That's what I am hoping for at least. I would love to be able to play a massive battle like you see in the cut scenes of the game.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
i cant wait for killzone3 day one purhase for me
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Isnt there a kinda way you can get your complaints accross to Guirella games,i mean they shud av some fan forum or something

megaspiderweb09

Like those Guerrilla's would care about a complaint coming from someone who has little to no importance in the video game world. :lol:

yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts

Killzone 3 is going to rock!! guerilla games has a real passion for FPS kinda reminds me of ID back in the day!! go Guerilla!!

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Melee kills in almost every game are super strong, it is because you should not let people get that close. The only game I can think of that melee hits are not instant is SOCOM where a hit to the back is instant kill but front and sides take two.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
Too bad for you OP, I can't wait for it.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#46 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Thanks for sharing your opinion :roll:

I think it looks amazing, the graphics in Killzone 2 were revolutionary, I don't mind if there aren't any improvements in visuals or gameplay, I just want an amazing story, since I know that I'll fully enjoy the gameplay.

SolidSerpo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#47 SolidSerpo
Member since 2009 • 61 Posts

The expanse multiplayer stat tracking from Killzone 2 is gone in Killzone 3. You can't even check your accuracy, correct me if I'm wrong please! So disappointing...

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

The expanse multiplayer stat tracking from Killzone 2 is gone in Killzone 3. You can't even check your accuracy, correct me if I'm wrong please! So disappointing...

SolidSerpo

Why did you revive this thread? which was created last year...?

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
You should have just used the sticky, my man.
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

I have a feeling he had this thread open and he meant to post in the KILLZONE 3 bad stat tracking thread instead of this one. But thats just a guess...it makes no sense to bump an old ass thread.