Just sent ps3 back to sony..how long should it take to receive it back?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Joshua102888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Joshua102888
Member since 2005 • 190 Posts
I sent my 40 gig to sony on monday, it was making a strange rattling noise, i've found out that it was a common problem with it. How long can i expect to receive it back? the rep told me 10-14 days, but i would like to know from someone's personal experience. I want it back before GTAIV, and the mgs beta =[
Boogybones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Boogybones
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I sent my 80 gig back on April 3rd and am still waiting. I've been in contact with a service rep on the phone and through emails and they all tell me the same thing.

Unfortunatly for me, I guess the model I have is "popular" so everything is on backorder and it may take longer. The original timeline they gave me was 7-15 days, but the guy I talked to on the phone said the whole "backorder" thing means it might take a day or so longer. So I'm planning on the earliest ship out date from them will be 15 days (which would be April 18th) but I'm not holding my breath. They've used the words "very soon" which kinda gave me hope, but then again I'm certain my definition of "very soon" is considerably shorter than theirs.

I'm in the same boat as you about the whole GTA thing. I put off buying the console when they bumped the release date back, but after a while I finally gave in a bought it a little earlier. I'm glad I did considering that I had to go through this whole mess.

If you haven't done it yet, you can go to http://www.us.playstation.com/ and click on the support tab to find the "check status of your repair". Then you enter in your service number 1-______ and it'll give you an update on whats happening. Although for me it's like Chinese water tourtue. I probably check that thing about 6 times a day and it's had the same friggin message since April 3rd, no change what so ever. I've called up and email a couple times trying to get a little more info about what's going on, and they all pretty regurgitate the same message that the website says.

Although to be fair, every one I have dealt with at Sony has been really nice and helpful for the most part (see above). Just sucks that I had to be part of the 3%.

Good luck with your's, I know exactly how you feel!

Joshua102888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Joshua102888

thanks for replying. Yeah man i checked the service repair status, it says it the number cant be found. So i called sony last night and they said they received my console, and that its too early to really give details about whats going on. I agree, the reps are very helpful and nice. Now i thinking that i shouldnt have gave it to them, and just dealt with the rattle =[, im bout to purchase and hdtv today (vizio) =], i have the hdmi cables and everything...im just waiting on my flipping ps3..i was hoping that once they received it and checkd the box tht they'd immediatley send me replacement, the lady said that new ps3's just came in so im hoping i get mine back soon =[, you sent yours in a lot earlier and you've been waiiting that long...i could only imagine how long mine will take, then again we have two different sku's *sigh*

Whats ur psn id?

Boogybones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Boogybones

I actually got my HDTV before my PS3. I did alot of research both online and through friends who have them and Vizio came out the winner. Great price and I haven't had any problems with it, so I highly recommend Vizio.

As for the PSN id, I'm pretty sure it's booybones. I was still in the pocess of messing around with the ins and outs of the console when it crashed. Since it logged in automatically I didn't pay alot of attention to it. Do you know of a way to check that stuff out and access that information on a computer? I've pretty much been severed from the Playstation communitywhen this happened, and unfortunatly Imade alot of new friends and golfing buddies on Hot Shots. Hope they remember me when I get back online!

Joshua102888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Joshua102888
yeah vizio got rave reviews =], and i dont actually know if you can check what your id using a computer, but Take this down and write it somewhere and dont forget lol, i need more people to play GTAIV with. My Id is illuminati1028
Boogybones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Boogybones
Got it, as soon as I'm back in action I look you up. Man I can't wait for that friggin game!
colt24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 colt24
Member since 2003 • 545 Posts

Sony was really good with me, They gave me a set date, and it came on that day. Took about 4 days... Nice and fast. I just phoned up and said it wasn't playing any games, and they just said, "OKAY WE SHALL GIVE YOU A NEW ONE, JUST GIVE US YOUR OLD PS3 TO THE GUY FOR THE SWAP"...This was for sony Uk though :)

Joshua102888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Joshua102888
lol..yeah over here in the US its not so simple. Their warehouse is located in laredo Texas, i live in NY, i hope they overnight it =[
Joshua102888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Joshua102888

My 60GB PS3 (got it when it launched from my gf) got sorta destroyed (faulty stand = hdtv falling ontop of PS3) but it still worked! It like 1/2 worked, it would freeze often and stuff so after about 4-5 days I gave Sony a call and sent it to them and they told me their gunna swap it for a new 60GB and to expect it in about 5 days and I remembered I had forgotten RFOM inside it and told them and she said not worry. Nice pplz lol, so 5 days exactly later, I got my PS3 back perfectly yummy...so I gave the temp. 80GB i had back to my friend and about 1 day later I got RFOM...their awesome lolxXxArchSagexXx

wow..sony really cares about their customers..their great with that..but i hope i get mine by next week..im really anxious =[, dont wanna miss out on the goods

guppieface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 guppieface
Member since 2004 • 1085 Posts
how long do you guys think it takes for mail to be delivered??? this boogybones is talking about how he sent it 7 days ago and is wondering where it is... i would wait 2 weeks total before asking where it is, youll probably get it within a week from now. i would assume 2 days transit each way and 2-4 days for them to repair
unimpendium115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 unimpendium115
Member since 2006 • 1542 Posts
Why is it way faster in the UK? I called sony about my 60 gig playing up,they sent a guy 2 days later who took my console then passed me a new 60 gig right then.
Boogybones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Boogybones

Oh Glorious day!!! Sony went all ninja on me and surprised me. Last night I was checking my email (gave up on checking the service status at the site for the day) and I saw this email from UPS with a tracking label. Sure enough it was a 16 pound box from Laredo Tx with an OVERNIGHT shipping label!

I went from almost losing my mind yesterday to infinite happiness to know that somtime around noon today I will have my beloved console back and hitting the links as soon as I get done at work. This is shaping up to be a great weekend (especially since it's supposed to be all rainy and pissy here).

Also, to let you guys know, I'm located in Connecticut, but with the overnight return shipping, I don't think it really matters where you are when they send it out.

Although this has been a painfull experience, the only real sucky part was being away from the games for about 2 weeks. Other than that though, the customer reps were very friendly and the overnight shipping to them and from them is a real nice touch that I am greatly appreciative for. Heck, I assumed they were gonna send it ground or something and was going to see about paying to upgrade the shipping.

That being said, good luck every one with your consoles, I'm sure it won't be long. Even with all my huffin' and puffin' about the whole situation and the dreaded "Backorder delay" message, they still managed to get it back to me within their predicted timeline (7-15 days, mine took 8).

See y'all in Liberty City !

xXxArchSagexXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 xXxArchSagexXx
Member since 2006 • 462 Posts

Oh Glorious day!!! Sony went all ninja on me and surprised me. Last night I was checking my email (gave up on checking the service status at the site for the day) and I saw this email from UPS with a tracking label. Sure enough it was a 16 pound box from Laredo Tx with an OVERNIGHT shipping label!

I went from almost losing my mind yesterday to infinite happiness to know that somtime around noon today I will have my beloved console back and hitting the links as soon as I get done at work. This is shaping up to be a great weekend (especially since it's supposed to be all rainy and pissy here).

Also, to let you guys know, I'm located in Connecticut, but with the overnight return shipping, I don't think it really matters where you are when they send it out.

Although this has been a painfull experience, the only real sucky part was being away from the games for about 2 weeks. Other than that though, the customer reps were very friendly and the overnight shipping to them and from them is a real nice touch that I am greatly appreciative for. Heck, I assumed they were gonna send it ground or something and was going to see about paying to upgrade the shipping.

That being said, good luck every one with your consoles, I'm sure it won't be long. Even with all my huffin' and puffin' about the whole situation and the dreaded "Backorder delay" message, they still managed to get it back to me within their predicted timeline (7-15 days, mine took 8).

See y'all in Liberty City !

Boogybones

Hahaha lol awesome man....see Sony never fails you...their customer service rocks! Anyhoo gratz man!

micky4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 micky4life
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
what noices because mine makes them to but i dont see the big deal its not really loud
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
what noices because mine makes them to but i dont see the big deal its not really loudmicky4life
Did really go back a thousand pages just to type that?
SocaWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SocaWarrior
Member since 2006 • 551 Posts
WOOOOOOW, this is a hella old thread
smeags11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 smeags11
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
well TC started this thread on April 11th, if he doesnt have it back by now then SONY just cheesed you for a PS3
jtl1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jtl1989
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
My Playstation three got the YLOD May, 8. I sent a report to sony that day and got a box May, 14 which i sent it off. the next day. A week later sony sent me back a brand new system. so to answer the question how long the process is to fix a PS3 through sony is about 10 to 15 Days from the day you call into sony.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#19 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

If you haven't gotten your PS3 back by now, there is no hope for you... lol.

This thread, is now... dead.