Just got the new God of War!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by gregbmil (2607 posts) -

I hate to brag, but this has never happend to me before.   There is a Kmart by me that has about 5 on the shelf and I was able to get one of them.

I've only played for about 20 minutes or so and I unlocked 3 trophies.    The funny thing is that I can not see them (or the game) in my trophey list

#2 Posted by gregbmil (2607 posts) -

I can only see the trophies when I'm offline,  I'm trying the multiplayer now.  I wonder if anyone is on.

The servers are not up yet, I keep getting an error.   But I can say that there is at least one multiplayer trophey,  I got it for doing the training

Oh yeah, it also has a digital manual that needs to install before you can look at it, I hate that.

#3 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2617 posts) -

ahhhh that sucks, so there ARE multiplayer trophies? That's bs. 

#4 Posted by BigBangTheory_ (183 posts) -
i tried the BETA and i didnt like the multipleyer at all i hope the single player will be good
#5 Posted by Miko_Miy (60 posts) -
how is the game play so far i just started on the 1st GOW im hopeing to get alot of time in this weekend
#6 Posted by gregbmil (2607 posts) -

how is the game play so far i just started on the 1st GOW im hopeing to get alot of time in this weekend Miko_Miy

So far it is really cool, but not much differant than other God of War's.   Also, the demo is the start of the game.  

#7 Posted by nightshade869 (3457 posts) -
What are the multiplayer trophies?
#8 Posted by gregbmil (2607 posts) -

What are the multiplayer trophies?nightshade869

Im not to sure, I can only look at the trophies if I'm offline and there are alot of secret ones. 

There really needs to be a day one update.   I'm on chapter 6 and there are some invisible walls that I need to climb on.   It makes it very hard to find where to go, then all of a sudden i'm climbing in mid air.   One part I got to the top and then a latter appeared, I climbed down a bit then it dissapeared again.   

Besides that though, the graphics are great

#9 Posted by gregbmil (2607 posts) -

Wow, there are alot of invisible floors now.   It really messes with you and it's hard to see where to go.   It needs a serious patch

#10 Posted by sukraj (22296 posts) -

graphics any good.

#11 Posted by badlalo59 (899 posts) -

Are there a boatload of QTE's?

#12 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Are there a boatload of QTE's?

badlalo59

It's God Of War...do you even need to ask?

#13 Posted by clr84651 (5390 posts) -

It says it releases next Tuesday the 12th. How are you playing it already?

#14 Posted by gregbmil (2607 posts) -

It says it releases next Tuesday the 12th. How are you playing it already?

clr84651

I walked into Kmart and they had it on the shelf.   I asked to take a look at it, then said "I'll take it".   I thought for sure when they rang it up they would see something about not being able to sell it yet.   But nothing,  I paid the $60 and went on my way, like it was no big deal.

But I think  I got someone in trouble.    Because I kind of talk to the guys at my local Gamestop alot, and I could't help but to tell them all about it and to cancell my preorder.   The guy said that he needs to send out a bunch of emails about it and that they (Gamestop) is now able to sell the game as soon as they get them delivered.    

#15 Posted by DaRq_MiNoS (558 posts) -

Are the puzzles good? That's always been my favorite part of GoW games.

#16 Posted by sukraj (22296 posts) -

I might pick this up next week.

#17 Posted by nightshade869 (3457 posts) -

Wow, there are alot of invisible floors now.   It really messes with you and it's hard to see where to go.   It needs a serious patch

gregbmil
I would almost guarantee there is one. I don't remember the last game I got that didn't patch as as soon as I booted it up.
#18 Posted by Habsrule31 (92 posts) -

I hate to brag, but this has never happend to me before.   There is a Kmart by me that has about 5 on the shelf and I was able to get one of them.

I've only played for about 20 minutes or so and I unlocked 3 trophies.    The funny thing is that I can not see them (or the game) in my trophey list

gregbmil
Do you like the game so far? I haven't played any of them yet but I bought the collection a month or two back.
#19 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
I walked into Kmart and they had it on the shelf.   I asked to take a look at it, then said "I'll take it".   I thought for sure when they rang it up they would see something about not being able to sell it yet.   But nothing,  I paid the $60 and went on my way, like it was no big deal.gregbmil
That's the exact service quality you can expect when your company hires ex-cons, dopers and high school dropouts.