Is there much point in me buying a ps3?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by darkhorse286 (440 posts) -

Hi,

I have been looking at buying a PS3 at £230. The main reason that I want it is basically for MGS4 as I have played all the others. The only thing is that I already own an xbox 360 and there are not many games that are exclusive to the PS3. Should I buy a PS3?

Also, is there any chance that there will be an xbox 360 version of MGS4?

Darkhorse

#2 Posted by xoxINSOMNIACxox (647 posts) -
MGS4 going to Xbox? Not a chance! I think having both console is great. I want to go for a 360 but I don't want to experience the RRoD.
#3 Posted by BrettB7400 (3401 posts) -
If you really want a ps3, then go buy one but dont ask people because its your decision. This is not the best place to ask because you are going to get biased opinions on the ps3 forum. Also, MGS4 will have 0% of going to the 360.
#4 Posted by big_boss4life (2633 posts) -
Sorry man MGS4 Is exclusive to the ps3.... Many good games are coming to the ps3 this year some of them you might now: killzone 2, little big planet, resistance 2 etc etc... if you are interested in any of them then i think you should buy the console... if you only want mgs4 then borrow a ps3 from a friend to rent it somewhere... but if u are a big mgs fan like me... then buying a ps3 only mgs4 is worth it :P hope it helped!
#5 Posted by donnygorgas (2531 posts) -

You can't make up your own mind on this??

I certainly don't want to tell you it's worth it only for you to decide a few months down the line that you don't think it's worth it and then you'll hate me and I'll feel bad.

I don't want that to happen. I suggest you figure this out on your own.

And no it's never ever going to be on the 360.

#6 Posted by _instinct_ (277 posts) -
MGS4 to Xbox? It'll never happen. MGS series along with FF will always be soley for PS3. They're two of the biggest driving forces behind the PS3. Sony won't lose that.
#7 Posted by bjmmd5 (1 posts) -

I believe you woudl greatly enjoy a ps3..... though i haven't seen the blue ray potential harnessed yet but that will soon change i am sure. If you have the money then i say buy it.... you won't regret the buy..... and MGS4 is an ps3 exclusive .... it is ps's step forward in the battle of the consoles for dominance. but have a nice day send me a message if you disagree with anything i've said.

#8 Posted by RahKayne (3436 posts) -

Hi,

I have been looking at buying a PS3 at £230. The main reason that I want it is basically for MGS4 as I have played all the others. The only thing is that I already own an xbox 360 and there are not many games that are exclusive to the PS3. Should I buy a PS3?

Darkhorse

darkhorse286

That's a myth made for fanboys, by fanboys. (I'm not saying you are a fanboy)

Now unless you mean the PS3 exclusives coming out are not your type of games then ok, but PS3 has plenty of exclusives and if you do a google search you'll find many lists.

i should note that MGS4: "X" will come to 360 in maybe a year plus as an extended game that will be multiplat. For example MGS2 Subsistence or MGS3 Substance (I dunno if that's the true names). You will just have to wait.

however the First MGS4 will be PS3 only. Come on guys we know it will happen, it's what konami always does, GS has never been PS exclusive. (well maybe the first one but even that one had a gamecube remake)

#9 Posted by wheezal (3066 posts) -

how would they put a game as massive as MGS (which takes up a lot of room on a Blu-Ray disc) onto the X-Box 360 which uses regular DVD discs?

oh, and buy the PS#, it's cool. :)

#10 Posted by Captain-Ichigo (545 posts) -
MGS4 and Killzone2, FF games wow that all ya'll can say. You guys are making ps3 look bad
#11 Posted by Captain-Ichigo (545 posts) -
what about haze? oops it got a 6.0 you guys can keep it i hope it doesn't get ported
#12 Posted by Captain-Ichigo (545 posts) -
and mgs online = Fail
#13 Posted by robmonga2 (1193 posts) -
PS3 can play divx movies and blu ray, that's a deal breaker.
#14 Posted by BrettB7400 (3401 posts) -

and mgs online = Fail

what about haze? oops it got a 6.0 you guys can keep it i hope it doesn't get ported

Captain-Ichigo

Why are you trolling? If you dont like the ps3 games, then leave.

#15 Posted by Captain-Ichigo (545 posts) -

[QUOTE="Captain-Ichigo"]and mgs online = Fail

BrettB7400

Hmph Im trolling its just the truth im a ps3 owner but you guys are making it look bad and It serves ps3 owners right who wanted haze and kept saying haze will never come to 360.
#16 Posted by zaphod_b (2201 posts) -

Most of the good games are multiplatform right now. If you don't have a 360, consider the PS3 for its Blu-Ray abilities and free online play.

There are some good exclusives for the PS3, but no game-sellers yet.

BTW, there have been strong suggestions that MGS4 WILL come to 360:

http://kotaku.com/339337/the-rumor-returns-+-mgs4-on-the-360

#17 Posted by BrettB7400 (3401 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrettB7400"]

Captain-Ichigo

Hmph Im trolling its just the truth im a ps3 owner but you guys are making it look bad and It serves ps3 owners right who wanted haze and kept saying haze will never come to 360.

I could say a lot of things about the 360 that arent good at all but I am not gonna stoop down to your level. By the way, how did MGS online fail when it hasnt been out yet. It was just a beta for a couple of weeks on the ps3.

#18 Posted by CoreoVII (1838 posts) -
Who come'z up with these post'z? lol
#19 Posted by steve4200 (387 posts) -
well look at it this way...i bought a ps1 when it came out...had that untill ps2 came out...i had that for 7 years then got my ps3...now they said they wanted the shelf life of the ps2 to be 6 years...it was like 7 n a half...and now they say the ps3 shelf life will be 10 years...with one already gone...so if u buy a ps3 now...u wont have to buy a new system for like 6-10 years...unlike the poor xbox owners...honestly i have my own beef with xbox...but i honestly feel sorry for the xbox owners who have to not only buy the system...but then all that add on crap and the system is not even as good...anyways i wont get into that, however i will say this u can expect to see a new xbox system within 3 years or so...plus ps3 is still young...they have lots to learn with it...but the xbox360 is already being pushed as far as it can go...there are already titles being made ps3 exclusive simply because the xbox cant run it...either not enough disc space or just cant run the game...either way xbox360 will be obsolete just like xbox is now...and another thing...sony doesnt just leave thier customers in the dust...ps2 is STILL making games...and even when ps4 comes out in 10 years they wont stop the ps3 games...but they time ps4 comes out i bet anyone here that xbox with be on its 4th or 5th console...and it STILL wont be as good...plus u dont need to worry about finding games for it...the ps2 has thousands of titles...and in the years to come ps3 will too...there will be something for everyone just like the other playstations...plus u dont have to worry about the ps3 breaking...since the failure rate is under 1% compared to xbox's 20 something %...not only all that but the ps3 is cheaper too...$449.99 for the xbox and $399.99 for the ps3...its just so much better honestly i cant see how people are so stupid to go with xbox...no offence...but really i dont understand it...the ps3 wins in every single area...i just dont understand people sometimes...anyways trust me u wont regret buying this system...plus u can laugh at all ur friends who like xbox everytime a new one comes out...then they stop the prevoius consoles games and then charge u for every single thing like wirless controllers...people need to understand...playstation is a game making and game oriented company...microsoft is not...they are a money making company period...playstation was losing over $150 on every system sold when it first came out...that was selling it for $599.99...while microsoft was making over $180 on every console they sold...which was $499.99...so just look at the facts man...honestly just get the specs for both and look at them and u will see the ps3 wins in every area...S4L
#20 Posted by sonynhater (1078 posts) -

well look at it this way...i bought a ps1 when it came out...had that untill ps2 came out...i had that for 7 years then got my ps3...now they said they wanted the shelf life of the ps2 to be 6 years...it was like 7 n a half...and now they say the ps3 shelf life will be 10 years...with one already gone...so if u buy a ps3 now...u wont have to buy a new system for like 6-10 years...unlike the poor xbox owners...honestly i have my own beef with xbox...but i honestly feel sorry for the xbox owners who have to not only buy the system...but then all that add on crap and the system is not even as good...anyways i wont get into that, however i will say this u can expect to see a new xbox system within 3 years or so...plus ps3 is still young...they have lots to learn with it...but the xbox360 is already being pushed as far as it can go...there are already titles being made ps3 exclusive simply because the xbox cant run it...either not enough disc space or just cant run the game...either way xbox360 will be obsolete just like xbox is now...and another thing...sony doesnt just leave thier customers in the dust...ps2 is STILL making games...and even when ps4 comes out in 10 years they wont stop the ps3 games...but they time ps4 comes out i bet anyone here that xbox with be on its 4th or 5th console...and it STILL wont be as good...plus u dont need to worry about finding games for it...the ps2 has thousands of titles...and in the years to come ps3 will too...there will be something for everyone just like the other playstations...plus u dont have to worry about the ps3 breaking...since the failure rate is under 1% compared to xbox's 20 something %...not only all that but the ps3 is cheaper too...$449.99 for the xbox and $399.99 for the ps3...its just so much better honestly i cant see how people are so stupid to go with xbox...no offence...but really i dont understand it...the ps3 wins in every single area...i just dont understand people sometimes...anyways trust me u wont regret buying this system...plus u can laugh at all ur friends who like xbox everytime a new one comes out...then they stop the prevoius consoles games and then charge u for every single thing like wirless controllers...people need to understand...playstation is a game making and game oriented company...microsoft is not...they are a money making company period...playstation was losing over $150 on every system sold when it first came out...that was selling it for $599.99...while microsoft was making over $180 on every console they sold...which was $499.99...so just look at the facts man...honestly just get the specs for both and look at them and u will see the ps3 wins in every area...S4Lsteve4200

not to be mean or anything, but no one reads long posts...and yours is like a book

#21 Posted by Sephiroth169 (334 posts) -

Most of the good games are multiplatform right now. If you don't have a 360, consider the PS3 for its Blu-Ray abilities and free online play.

There are some good exclusives for the PS3, but no game-sellers yet.

BTW, there have been strong suggestions that MGS4 WILL come to 360:

http://kotaku.com/339337/the-rumor-returns-+-mgs4-on-the-360

zaphod_b
Strong? How are rumours strong when the only official word by both Konami and Kojima over and over again is that it is a ps3 exclusive. Also, Kojima already anounced that there will be no Sub version of MGS4 thanks to the miracle of DL content. There's no need for one. So there goes the idea of a sub version coming out and being ported to 360. Also, there is a reason why 3 was never ported, yes 2 was ported to the x-box but it was a failure on the x-box. Also, they would have to put so much time and money porting this game. Moreso than any other game. Also, with sony brand cell phones being confirmed in the game it's even more proof that the game will be a ps3 exclusive.
#22 Posted by ck02623 (1281 posts) -
It really depends if you think MGS4, Killzone 2, and Resistance 2 are worth about $500
#23 Posted by Promised_Trini (3628 posts) -
MGS4 Will Be Sony Only...And It's Your Call On Buying PS3
#24 Posted by rufnek69 (143 posts) -

well look at it this way...i bought a ps1 when it came out...had that untill ps2 came out...i had that for 7 years then got my ps3...now they said they wanted the shelf life of the ps2 to be 6 years...it was like 7 n a half...and now they say the ps3 shelf life will be 10 years...with one already gone...so if u buy a ps3 now...u wont have to buy a new system for like 6-10 years...unlike the poor xbox owners...honestly i have my own beef with xbox...but i honestly feel sorry for the xbox owners who have to not only buy the system...but then all that add on crap and the system is not even as good...anyways i wont get into that, however i will say this u can expect to see a new xbox system within 3 years or so...plus ps3 is still young...they have lots to learn with it...but the xbox360 is already being pushed as far as it can go...there are already titles being made ps3 exclusive simply because the xbox cant run it...either not enough disc space or just cant run the game...either way xbox360 will be obsolete just like xbox is now...and another thing...sony doesnt just leave thier customers in the dust...ps2 is STILL making games...and even when ps4 comes out in 10 years they wont stop the ps3 games...but they time ps4 comes out i bet anyone here that xbox with be on its 4th or 5th console...and it STILL wont be as good...plus u dont need to worry about finding games for it...the ps2 has thousands of titles...and in the years to come ps3 will too...there will be something for everyone just like the other playstations...plus u dont have to worry about the ps3 breaking...since the failure rate is under 1% compared to xbox's 20 something %...not only all that but the ps3 is cheaper too...$449.99 for the xbox and $399.99 for the ps3...its just so much better honestly i cant see how people are so stupid to go with xbox...no offence...but really i dont understand it...the ps3 wins in every single area...i just dont understand people sometimes...anyways trust me u wont regret buying this system...plus u can laugh at all ur friends who like xbox everytime a new one comes out...then they stop the prevoius consoles games and then charge u for every single thing like wirless controllers...people need to understand...playstation is a game making and game oriented company...microsoft is not...they are a money making company period...playstation was losing over $150 on every system sold when it first came out...that was selling it for $599.99...while microsoft was making over $180 on every console they sold...which was $499.99...so just look at the facts man...honestly just get the specs for both and look at them and u will see the ps3 wins in every area...S4Lsteve4200

I read it, and I think I have lost brain cells as a result of it. Im PS2 owner turned 360 owner and this has got to be one of the most ignorant posts I have ever wasted my life reading. Dude, get your facts straight before you make such an incredible attempt at making ps3 owners look like retards. Your only valid point is that the PS3 will last longer in terms of a system refresh. I'll give you that but dude, come on. No offense to you PS3 peeps, but this guy should be hung, gagged and beaten. lrn2tipe

#25 Posted by swamplord666 (1873 posts) -
Seriously people need to do some research... Kojima and everyone who has a word in the development of the game have CONFIRMED it will be exclusive. And no i'm not going to spend my time finding a link because if youhave ever used google you can find it yourself.
#26 Posted by henry4th (1180 posts) -
[QUOTE="darkhorse286"]

Hi,

Darkhorse

RahKayne

That's a myth made for fanboys, by fanboys. (I'm not saying you are a fanboy)

Now unless you mean the PS3 exclusives coming out are not your type of games then ok, but PS3 has plenty of exclusives and if you do a google search you'll find many lists.

i should note that MGS4: "X" will come to 360 in maybe a year plus as an extended game that will be multiplat. For example MGS2 Subsistence or MGS3 Substance (I dunno if that's the true names). You will just have to wait.

however the First MGS4 will be PS3 only. Come on guys we know it will happen, it's what konami always does, GS has never been PS exclusive. (well maybe the first one but even that one had a gamecube remake)

[/QUOT]

MSG2 substance was on xbox a year later. But it sold so poorly, that MSG3's subsistance was not on xbox.

#27 Posted by ck02623 (1281 posts) -
OFF TOPIC!!!
#28 Posted by swamplord666 (1873 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrettB7400"]

Captain-Ichigo

Way to overgeneralize there troll. It's people like you who also make 360 owners look bad because you are acting like an immature teenager (I'm right aren't I?) If you can't contribute anything decent, keep your mouth shut. You're just making yourself look like an idiot.
#29 Posted by donwon06 (424 posts) -
as usual, i see a lot of people are being asses on here. look, if you enjoy playing video games and have the money to get a ps3, get one. you won't regret it. both systems have good points and bad. there's going to be exclusive games for both systems that are going to be really good, and with the ps3 you get blu-ray. if you have an hd tv then that is a big selling point. to tell you the truth, since i got my ps3 i haven't hardly touched my 360 and my gold subscription expired and i don't even care to renew it right now. i've decided that any multi-platform game i'm getting on my ps3. my prefrence is the ps3, but that's my opinion. not knocking the 360, live is awesome and there's lots of good exclusives that are coming out that i will buy. so if you have the money and enjoy playing video games and not the system it's on, get one. simple decision.
#30 Posted by avataraang1 (5436 posts) -
and mgs online = FailCaptain-Ichigo
No it doesnt. You probably just stink because I found it awesome.
#31 Posted by donwon06 (424 posts) -

It really depends if you think MGS4, Killzone 2, and Resistance 2 are worth about $500ck02623

by the way i've gone through 4 360's and probably still need a new one. damn disc read errors that microsoft still has not acknowledged as a huge problem. this was one of the main reasons i got a ps3 in the first place, and i haven't regretted it one bit.

#32 Posted by swamplord666 (1873 posts) -

[QUOTE="ck02623"]It really depends if you think MGS4, Killzone 2, and Resistance 2 are worth about $500donwon06

by the way i've gone through 4 360's and probably still need a new one. damn disc read errors that microsoft still has not acknowledged as a huge problem. this was one of the main reasons i got a ps3 in the first place, and i haven't regretted it one bit.

that's why i decided to get a ps3: good upcoming games and the system isn't expected to tank. I just don't understand how people accept a piece of hardware that is expected to break and just shrug it off. If Ipods broke all the time would people buy it? I certainly wouldn't...

Once the Xbox 360 loses it's failure rate, i will consider buying one.

#33 Posted by rufnek69 (143 posts) -
well with the latest motherboard revision currently on the shelves, you won't get that failure rate that plagued the earlier systems.
#34 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16291 posts) -
I've never read this kind of post before o_O, somebody who thinks that the Ps3 has no games? who only has an xbox360 and wants a port of Mgs4 on it wow !
#35 Posted by Silverdragon17 (664 posts) -
Most of the time, the original poster never seems to respond to their own topics.
#36 Posted by infidexus (194 posts) -

How about these exclusives....... (highlighted in Red for some of the great ones, IMO)

• Afrika
  • Agarest Senki
  • Boku no Natsuyasumi 3
  • Buzz
  • Cash Guns Chaos
  • Coded Arms: Assault
  • Cross Edge
  • Dark Mist
  • Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice
  • Driver
  • Eight Days
  • Elefunk
  • Eveybody's Golf 5
  • Eye of Judgement
  • Eyedentify
  • FF XIII
  • FF Vs. XIII
  • Flower
  • Folklore
  • Formula One Championship Edition
  • Genji: Days of the Blade
  • Getaway
  • God of War III
  • Gran Turismo 5
  • Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
  • Haze
  • Heavenly Sword
  • Heavy Rain
  • High Stakes on the Vegas Strip
  • High Velocity Bowling
  • InFamous
  • Killzone 2
  • Kurayami
  • Lair
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • LocoRoco Cocoreccho!
  • Mainichi Issho
  • Megazone 23
  • Metal Gear Online
    Metal Gear Solid 4
  • Mobile Suit Gundam
  • Motor Storm
  • Motor Storm: Pacific Rift
  • Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
  • Ni-Oh
  • Nobi Nobi Boy
  • Novastrike
  • Nucleus
  • Pain
  • PixelJunk Eden
  • PixelJunk Monsters
  • PixelJunk Racers
  • Piyotama
  • Poncotsu Roman Daikatsugeki Bumpy Trot 2
  • Railfan
  • Ratchet & Clank Future Tools of Destruction
  • Red Dead Revolver 2
  • Resistance: Fall of Man
  • Resistance 2
  • Ridge Racer 7
  • SOCOM
  • SingStar
  • Siren
  • SKy Diving
  • Tekken 6
  • Time Crisis 4
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
  • Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
  • WarDevil
  • Warhawk
  • Way of the Samurai 3
  • White Knight Chronicles
  • Wipeout HD
  • Yakuza 3
#37 Posted by 1uP_OnYou (3183 posts) -
If you want to play MGS4, you will need to purchase a Ps3. My advice buy a Ps3, it's a ubber console!
#38 Posted by carneyfolk (608 posts) -
I sold my 360 for a ps3, and i have never regretted the decision. My personal preference leans towards sony games over MS games. Since more and more 3rd party exclusives are going the way of the dinosaur first party titles will be the most important feature. I happen to believe that sony first party games are superior to MS game studios.
#39 Posted by GrandTheftANL (195 posts) -

Seems like your happy with your 360, but if it ever craps out on you, give the ps3 a try, i did and i havent regret the day i spend 600 dollars on it. First off its a extremely well put machine, we get the same 3rd party games, along with some amazing 1 party games. Resistance 2 i dont know much about games on the 360 i dont think theyre a game online with more than 40 to 60 players.

Expandable hardrive ebay has 320 gb hardrive for 120.00, you might say thats overkill, not when you have your movie backed up in mp4, divx, etc. along with games that are taking space to kill loading (uncharted no load time if you play it from start to finish), oh playtv is worth mentioning too never miss a show,

I'm enjoying my ps3, i'll watch a lil bit of scarface, some carlitos way, browse the forums, and hit up some games all while i'm just laying on the bed, maybe you think the ps3 is not for you and maybe it isnt but like is said if your current machine craps out on you give the ps3 a try and you'll be suprised the first time you put your finger in the buttonless touchscreen (whatever it is), and you'll know you just stepped in a future proof machine

#40 Posted by gamer082009 (6679 posts) -

Hi,

Darkhorse

darkhorse286
I say just purchase a PS3 for MGS4, because that's all it's worth. It has no games, constant game release delays etc. I'll be getting a PS3 again in June, only to play MGS4 but I'll probably get rid of it again like I did with my 60GB one last year. So I say get it for MGS4.
#41 Posted by Orga777 (39 posts) -
It is more than just MGS4 that makes the PS3 as good as it is. Killzone, Resistance, Motorstorm (not a fan personally, but I don't like racing games anyway...), Eye of Judgement, Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Final Fantasy XIII (eventually...), Darth Vader in Soul Calibur IV (who is more aweomse than Yoda on the 360), and the most underrated title probably ever; Folklore (which is just amazing on so many levels.) You see what we have here? Variety. I say go for it and get it. You are bound to find something you like.
#42 Posted by sdu_1111 (474 posts) -

[QUOTE="steve4200"]well look at it this way...i bought a ps1 when it came out...had that untill ps2 came out...i had that for 7 years then got my ps3...now they said they wanted the shelf life of the ps2 to be 6 years...it was like 7 n a half...and now they say the ps3 shelf life will be 10 years...with one already gone...so if u buy a ps3 now...u wont have to buy a new system for like 6-10 years...unlike the poor xbox owners...honestly i have my own beef with xbox...but i honestly feel sorry for the xbox owners who have to not only buy the system...but then all that add on crap and the system is not even as good...anyways i wont get into that, however i will say this u can expect to see a new xbox system within 3 years or so...plus ps3 is still young...they have lots to learn with it...but the xbox360 is already being pushed as far as it can go...there are already titles being made ps3 exclusive simply because the xbox cant run it...either not enough disc space or just cant run the game...either way xbox360 will be obsolete just like xbox is now...and another thing...sony doesnt just leave thier customers in the dust...ps2 is STILL making games...and even when ps4 comes out in 10 years they wont stop the ps3 games...but they time ps4 comes out i bet anyone here that xbox with be on its 4th or 5th console...and it STILL wont be as good...plus u dont need to worry about finding games for it...the ps2 has thousands of titles...and in the years to come ps3 will too...there will be something for everyone just like the other playstations...plus u dont have to worry about the ps3 breaking...since the failure rate is under 1% compared to xbox's 20 something %...not only all that but the ps3 is cheaper too...$449.99 for the xbox and $399.99 for the ps3...its just so much better honestly i cant see how people are so stupid to go with xbox...no offence...but really i dont understand it...the ps3 wins in every single area...i just dont understand people sometimes...anyways trust me u wont regret buying this system...plus u can laugh at all ur friends who like xbox everytime a new one comes out...then they stop the prevoius consoles games and then charge u for every single thing like wirless controllers...people need to understand...playstation is a game making and game oriented company...microsoft is not...they are a money making company period...playstation was losing over $150 on every system sold when it first came out...that was selling it for $599.99...while microsoft was making over $180 on every console they sold...which was $499.99...so just look at the facts man...honestly just get the specs for both and look at them and u will see the ps3 wins in every area...S4Lrufnek69

I read it, and I think I have lost brain cells as a result of it. Im PS2 owner turned 360 owner and this has got to be one of the most ignorant posts I have ever wasted my life reading. Dude, get your facts straight before you make such an incredible attempt at making ps3 owners look like retards. Your only valid point is that the PS3 will last longer in terms of a system refresh. I'll give you that but dude, come on. No offense to you PS3 peeps, but this guy should be hung, gagged and beaten. lrn2tipe

no i agree with this guy here. Just in terms of hardware, reliablity and function. THe ps3 is way better than the 360 with its other media functions other than games. Hardware, PS3 has the advantage too, which can be shown by the PS1 and PS2. Both lasted as longer than predicted. E.g. We got God of war 2 in 2007, a whole 7 years after its original release in Japan.

However with the 360, just into its 2nd year, we're already having 4 disk lost odyssey and Gta4 disk-space problems. Disk space will definitely be a problem, in the near future too. Even for graphics, we haven't seen a great leap from gears 1 to gears2. and for the PS3, indeed, only sony's partners konw how to programme well for the ps3, the ps3 is still young.

the probably area where the 360 edge out would be games, its starting to have a much better library than the old xbox. but while We've heard news of GOW3, FF13, FF13versus .. all planned for 2009 and beyound. There isn't much news for the 360 future. except for a new console. (and the whole 360 wii mote gimmick)

#43 Posted by gamer082009 (6679 posts) -
It is more than just MGS4 that makes the PS3 as good as it is. Killzone, Resistance, Motorstorm (not a fan personally, but I don't like racing games anyway...), Eye of Judgement, Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Final Fantasy XIII (eventually...), Darth Vader in Soul Calibur IV (who is more aweomse than Yoda on the 360), and the most underrated title probably ever; Folklore (which is just amazing on so many levels.) You see what we have here? Variety. I say go for it and get it. You are bound to find something you like.Orga777
And when exactly will we experience this "variety" when all the good PS3 games get delayed multiple times and probably wont have a solid release date for quite some time. SO at this moment a PS3 may not be worth the buy!
#44 Posted by srPsychonaut (11 posts) -

*sigh* Why not just look at the exclusive games and the decide? If there are enough, buy it, if not then don't. I would never buy a console just for one game.

Perhaps you have a friend who owns one and can lend you his for the game? I gave my Xbox to a Friend once for a weekend so he could play Halo.

#45 Posted by rufnek69 (143 posts) -

Counting chickens before the eggs hatch eh? Don't be surprised if you start to see Squenix games go multi platform. I mean, business is business and they will make more money going multi (as they have clearly indicated they are interested in expanding their western audience - what better way then to release content on a western console)

#46 Posted by darkhorse286 (440 posts) -
I didn't actually realise there were as many exclusove games and I have played some of the previous ones of some of them. I think I might get it but is there going to be any price cuts soon, just so that I don't buy it now when I could get it cheaper in a few weeks.
#47 Posted by NSR34GTR (13179 posts) -

Hi,

Darkhorse

darkhorse286

apart from mgs4 and blu ray there is not much point buying a ps3 if you have a 360. if you are going to buy one then look for used 60gb. the installs are really annoying. im not a fanboy i have both consoles. still uncharted and heavenly sword are awesome

#48 Posted by robobie (2172 posts) -
Get a pre-owned one. Thats what I did.
#49 Posted by steve4200 (387 posts) -
rufnek...u make a point...square will go multi platform...but not with the same games...they already have games for other consoles and hand helds...and btw all the things i said in my previous post were true go look that **** up for yourself...but yeah there is money in multiplatform...but they wont be like releasing ff on xbox360...they will make titles specificlly for xbox...the xbox would not be able to run ff13...not in a million years...no matter how many extra add ons u buy for it...same with mgs4...what are they going to do release a 6 disc box set? haha...seriouslly man i know u love your xbox...im not saying its a bad system...im saying its a bad system compared with ps3...they should not have said xbox360 was a next gen system...cause as the head of sony said and i quote..."next gen gaming begins when WE say it does"
#50 Posted by lengh (33 posts) -

for those of you that think that mgs4 will never be on the 360 your wrong because everyone said that with the ps2 and the xbox, and guess what they came out with sons of liberty for the xbox, and as far as final fantasy goes... there are final fantasy games on the xbox. so, there might be a chance for the mgs4 on the 360. never say never.