Is there a way to test you mic?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zgreenwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 0

#1 zgreenwell
Member since 2007 • 1140 Posts

I've been playing Fat princess and I'm pretty sure my mic isn't working. Its hard to tell though because there is no one else on with a mic. Is there anyway to test it in the system? I have the PS3 mic that comes with Socom.

Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

You know you have to press R2? i jsut learned that now and im feeling so stupid :P

OrangeCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 OrangeCrowbar
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Yeah you have to hold R2 because it uses a push-to-talk thing. You can test if your mic is working though by going to Settings > Accessory Settings > Voice Changer. If it's working you will see the levels go up and down and it will echo whatever it is you are saying through the headset.
zgreenwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zgreenwell

I figured that out yesterday while messing with it, but I still think it isn't working. Is there any notification on screen that you're talking?

Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

I figured that out yesterday while messing with it, but I still think it isn't working. Is there any notification on screen that you're talking?

zgreenwell

yeah a ! will be over your head

zgreenwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zgreenwell
Yeah you have to hold R2 because it uses a push-to-talk thing. You can test if your mic is working though by going to Settings > Accessory Settings > Voice Changer. If it's working you will see the levels go up and down and it will echo whatever it is you are saying through the headset.OrangeCrowbar
Thanks!