Is the PS3 worth getting if I already have an Xbox 360???

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JeanAlex22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JeanAlex22
Member since 2011 • 307 Posts

I managed to save up money for a PS3 but now I'm really in doubt if I should even buy a PS3 in the first place considering that I already have an Xbox 360, now I don't play online, I just don't and I most likely never will so the free subscription really isn't a real selling point for me, so there's the exclusives

Are the offline contents of the exclusives on the PS3 enough to make the console worth buying??? And again just reminding I will probably NEVER play online primarily due to my terrible internet connection and other minor reasons so don't bother saying something like "Why don't you play online, it's great" and doesn't really bother answering the main question . . .

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
The good thing about most of the ps3 exclusives..is that they are single player focused.. I think there are PLENTY of exclusives worth checking out if you were to get a ps3. Personally if i was in your position right now..i would wait a month until e3 to see if there will be a ps4 coming soon and if so just save up for that (IF it has backwards compatibility) if not.. i see no reason for u not to get a ps3.
ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 ydnarrewop
Member since 2004 • 2291 Posts
Well do you need a blu ray player? Do you know of the ps3 exclusives? Also, the psn is a nice little stop and shop with some old ps1 and ps2 games kicking around. Personally, I'd say get it. The more consoles you have the more options you will have as a gamer. The ps3 definitely has a lot to offer...however, once you know what it offers you need to ask yourself if you want what it offers...I offer that you buy it :) More options = good
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#4 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Single player is where gaming is really at, and most, if not all, the PS3 exclusives focus on single player campaign modes. The PS3 is certainly worth getting, and won't be a regretable purchase.

Mayor_Haggar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mayor_Haggar
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I have both but spend most of my time on the ps3. Thinking of selling my xbox, for multi platform games they are the same so I'm not a fanboy I just much much prefer the exclusives the ps3 brings. Ratchet and clank, sly, god of war, heavy rain, little big planet, mgs4, etc. I hardly like any xbox exclusives (apart from the gears of war series)
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

If you like games then it is worth it.

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

Honestly? I see no point in owning a 360 and a PS3, the games run the same way.

You'll get many more exclusives on PS3 though, no online fees, and some quality SP experiences. 360 has some excellent media options and the console is essentially more of a 'media hub' in my eyes, and a very good one at that. Though I can't really afford all of those services on top of the live fee, nor would I want to pay that, so PS3 is the way to go in that respect.

I'd wait until E3 though, perhaps there will be a price drop.

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ShangTsung17
Member since 2011 • 839 Posts

Single player is where gaming is really at, and most, if not all, the PS3 exclusives focus on single player campaign modes. The PS3 is certainly worth getting, and won't be a regretable purchase.

Venom_Raptor

u can't be serious.. as much as i wish this were true its not... just look at the killzone series.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I own a PS3 and not a 360 and my experience with the system is that the multiplats that also appear on 360 are the best games on the system. So if you're like me, my advice would be it's not worth it to own both.

valium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 valium88
Member since 2006 • 4455 Posts

I say wait, next year is propably next gen and it would be foolish to buy now unless you don't care for next gen, or you have money for this gen and next and in general have a good economy.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#12 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

The PS3 has a TON of great exclusives which alone are worth getting a PS3 for, many of which have great single player modes.

Here is a list of some great PS3 exclusives that are single player focused:

Uncharted

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

God of War 3

Metal Gear Solid 4

Rachet and Clank Tools of Destruction

Rachet and Clank A Crack in Time

Sly Cooper HD

Infamous

Infamous 2

Jak and Daxter HD

God of War HD

God of War Origions HD

Demon's Souls

Upcoming Exclusives that focus on Single Player:

The Last of Us

Rachet and Clank HD

Sly 4

God of War Ascension

That is a total 14 games (18 if you count the upcoming ones), all of which focus heavily on single player. 14 (or 18) games is more than enough games to warrent a PS3.

Also by the off chance that you do want to try online than the PS3 is a great option as it's FREE!

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 soundcellx
Member since 2006 • 976 Posts

Xbox 360 has no geimez!

all 360 has is like Halo, CoD, Gears, Fable and Kinect garbage.

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ShangTsung17

The PS3 has a TON of great exclusives which alone are worth getting a PS3 for, many of which have great single player modes.

Uncharted

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

God of War 3

Metal Gear Solid 4

Sly Cooper HD

Infamous

Infamous 2

Jak and Daxter HD

God of War HD

God of War Origions HD

Demon's Souls

The Last of Us

Rachet and Clank HD

Sly 4

God of War Ascension

That is a total 14 games (18 if you count the upcoming ones), all of which focus heavily on single player. 14 (or 18) games is more than enough games to warrent a PS3.

Also by the off chance that you do want to try online than the PS3 is a great option as it's FREE!

ShadowMoses900

well i'm not saying you're right or wrong but its hard to say a game's gonna be 1 player focused when it isn't even out yet, hell look at the new gow game coming out, it was recently revealed that even on that game the multiplayer felt it needs to join the fun... ugh, i freakin hate mp.. :roll:

Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

The reason I bought a PS3 is because my 360 got the rrod and the replacement Microsoft sent started having disc read errors very quickly. I find the PS3 to be a much more reliable piece of hardware. Game-wise, they're pretty close and most of my favorite games this gen have been multi-platform. I don't know if the more recently produced 360s are more reliable, so my advice would be to stick with the system you own since so many great games of this gen are multi-plat anyway. If your 360 bites the dust, replace it with a ps3.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#16 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Uncharted

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

God of War 3

Metal Gear Solid 4

Sly Cooper HD

Infamous

Infamous 2

Jak and Daxter HD

God of War HD

God of War Origions HD

Demon's Souls

The Last of Us

Rachet and Clank HD

Sly 4

God of War Ascension

ShangTsung17

well i'm not saying you're right or wrong but its hard to say a game's gonna be 1 player focused when it isn't even out yet, hell look at the new gow game coming out, it was recently revealed that even on that game the multiplayer felt it needs to join the fun... ugh, i freakin hate mp.. :roll:

God of War Acension will still have a strong SP focus in the game, the MP is just a bonus I'm sure. The Last of Us and Sly 4 are defiantely going to be SP focused, and Rachet and Clank HD is SP focused too.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1840 Posts

Personally, not really. I had a ps3 and asked the same question for the xbox. Now that I have an xbox--thank god i didn't buy it (got it for christmas). I would take the inferior version with free internet online over having to buy another console that I can barely differentiate differences with a paid subscription. Unless you are dying to play the PS3 exclusives, free internet gaming (quit xbox live to save money), then no--don't buy one. Almost all the multiplatform games are better on the 360 so you'll end up buying it for it anyways. Exclusives is like beauty, it only comes from the player/eye of beholder. To be more easy on you--it's like someone asking you, would you buy a 360 just for its exclusives IF considering almost all multiplats are better on the ps3?

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#18 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

If you like games then it is worth it.

SOedipus
Yup. If you like games then it's worth owning every platform out there (at least once they've gotten enough games you're interested in). The PS3's got a ton of great stuff that complement the 360's best as well.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Venom_Raptor

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

ShangTsung17

u can't be serious.. as much as i wish this were true its not... just look at the killzone series.

Yeah, just look at the Killzone series, millions of people enjoy it... oh and I'm serious...

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 soundcellx

[QUOTE="ShangTsung17"]

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

Venom_Raptor

Yeah, just look at the Killzone series, millions of people enjoy it... oh and I'm serious...

for a game that millions enjoy, the online sure is pretty dead

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Check out the exclusives, if you see anything you'd like to play then it'll be worth it.

DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DISSESHOWEDO
Member since 2010 • 1775 Posts

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

[QUOTE="ShangTsung17"] u can't be serious.. as much as i wish this were true its not... just look at the killzone series.

soundcellx

And how did you reach this cinclusion, cuzz i play KZ3 every day and i can confirm that the on-line is active as hell !!!

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

DISSESHOWEDO

And how did you reach this cinclusion, cuzz i play KZ3 every day and i can confirm that the on-line is active as hell !!!

the online was so dead that they had to put the multiplayer stand alone on PSN to try and fill the servers. last couple times i tried, long long ago, I couldn't even find matches. oh well, i am so much done with FPS garbage.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Venom_Raptor

[QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]for a game that millions enjoy, the online sure is pretty dead

soundcellx

the online was so dead that they had to put the multiplayer stand alone on PSN to try and fill the servers. last couple times i tried, long long ago, I couldn't even find matches. oh well, i am so much done with FPS garbage.

Then quit complaining about them and stop playing them. For someone who hates "games with pew pew guns" you sure have played lots of them. Did it really take a long length of time before it sank in that you didn't like them??

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Depends on how much you like gaming. I have both a Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 plus a Wii. I have all three so I never have to miss an exclusive game. If there is a exclusive game you enjoy on PS3, Rachet and Clank series, God of War series, Uncharted series, Killzone series, Resistance series, Motorstorm series, Little big planet series, Twisted Metal These are some of the Exclusive games for Playstation 3. So if you really want to play them. Get Playstation 3. plus the PS3 160GB is only $250.00 plus you can get a extra controller and a game with purchase right now.

So a Console, 2 controllers and a game for 250.00 at walmart, best buy. You can choose a Controller/game pack when you buy a PS3. So yes it is worth it.

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ShangTsung17

[QUOTE="ShangTsung17"]

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

Venom_Raptor

what can i say? there are millions of idiots in the world, and they're destroying the gaming industry.. unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it..

Jyakotu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 Jyakotu
Member since 2005 • 158 Posts

A PS3 is well worth the investment for a couple of reasons. PSN online gaming is free, PS3 and PSN exclusives are fun, and best of all, Sony will support the PS3 even if a PS4 concept is announced at E3.

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts
Sure thing, buy a PS3, it has brilliant exclusives, I got rid of the 360 and didn't regret at all buying the PS3.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Venom_Raptor

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

[QUOTE="ShangTsung17"] u can't be serious.. as much as i wish this were true its not... just look at the killzone series.

ShangTsung17

what can i say? there are millions of idiots in the world, and they're destroying the gaming industry.. unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it..

You're labelling everyone that plays popular, good games idiots? You just described yourself for even thinking it up :lol:

gta_gamer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 gta_gamer10
Member since 2009 • 432 Posts

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

ShangTsung17

So for a Playstation Exclusive title which I enjoyed playing I am an idiot? you're describing everyone who enjoys these games as idiots, are you by any chance a troll?

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 H_M_1

[QUOTE="ShangTsung17"]

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

gta_gamer10

So for a Playstation Exclusive title which I enjoyed playing I am an idiot? you're describing everyone who enjoys these games as idiots, are you by any chance a troll?

I think you know the answer to that question.
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Depends a lot on what you like to play. In general, the top PS3 titles have a strong single player or are single player only. God of War, Heavy Rain, Infamous, Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Heavenly Sword, Valkyria Chronicles, Ratchet and Clank, etc... Even their racing titles like Motorstorm or Gran Turismo 5 have strong offline single player components as well as shooters like Killzone, Resistance, and Socom 4. There are a lot of 360 owners that own PS3 just for the single player games. The best thing to do is look at the games you like playing and see what games PS3 offers that are similar or in the same genre that you cant play on 360. If there is enough and you will play them, then getting a PS3 will be worth it.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

What differentiates a PS3 is there's alot of neat content that's available nowhere else.

Almost none of that content is a system seller by itself.

But taken as a whole, the PS3 is a party in a box.

I actually rate the online experience of the PS3 higher than the Xbox.

Because of games like Starhawk, MAG, Motorstorm, etc, the online modes of these games are so much fun.

To me they are better online than Halo or CoD.

Not to mention things like PS Home, The Tester series (which I watch religiously), co-op games like Dead Nation, etc.

And of course Netflix.

I don't know if I can eloquate this properly but part of the joy of owning a PS3 is being a FAN of the community.

For example when you see a Kevin Butler commercial on TV you can relate.

You feel like you're part of the community even if you don't play online.

My friend calls Playstation a "cult" because the fanboys are so rabid, but people don't understand that the fan aspect is part of the entertainment.

To really get the most out of it, use the PS3 as your only device.

Let yourself get immersed in Playstation culture.

Let yourself become a fan.

Take a 1 year PS+ subscription and play the betas, play the free games, watch The Tester, chill out on PS Home, socialize, etc.

The more time you spend, you will be hooked on the "Playstation Lifestyle" and you will understand why it's called a lifestyle.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#34 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

I don't know if I can eloquate this properly but part of the joy of owning a PS3 is being a FAN of the community.

My friend calls Playstation a "cult" because the fanboys are so rabid, but people don't understand that the fan aspect is part of the entertainment.

Take a 1 year PS+ subscription and play the betas, play the free games, watch The Tester, chill out on PS Home, socialize, etc.

The more time you spend, you will be hooked on the "Playstation Lifestyle" and you will understand why it's called a lifestyle.

ZombieKiller7
I'm not going to lie, there is something creepy about all that. I cannot imagine limiting myself to a single console given how many great games are out there, and the product of too many people with just one system results in the embarassment that is System Wars. Even if some people just troll there are purpose, there are just as many people who are legitimate fanboys in the worst way.
H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 H_M_1
[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

DJ_Lae
I'm not going to lie, there is something creepy about all that. I cannot imagine limiting myself to a single console given how many great games are out there, and the product of too many people with just one system results in the embarassment that is System Wars. Even if some people just troll there are purpose, there are just as many people who are legitimate fanboys in the worst way.

I'm very happy with the PS3, but am not a fanboy. Microsoft have Halo 4 coming and I'd love to play that but I have no Xbox, I'm not a heavy online gamer, so Xbox live for one month when I only decide to play on odd days would be a waste of money for me.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ZombieKiller7

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

DJ_Lae

Aren't there products that you're a fan of?

Be it Android or Timberland boots, Macbooks, or a brand of cereal "I gotta have my count chocula!"

It can be fun to be a fan of something, beyond the actual enjoyment of the product.

Why do you think there's a huge market for Coca-Cola paraphanelia, from table lamps to refrigerators.

Some people enjoy being fans of things and collecting.

I like having Sony stuff.

Phone, TV, alarm clock, PS3, etc.

Beyond that I enjoy having Playstation stuff.

Even the game cases look cool.

Why you think people pay more for "black label" than "red label."

Or pay $200 to get their PS3 painted enamel white.

Because it's fun.

Just saying it's fun to be a Playstation fan, the exclusives are cool and there's alot of nice content, and the commercials are funny.

Fun is what it's all about at the end of the day.

ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#37 ydnarrewop
Member since 2004 • 2291 Posts
Oh and to add: I do enjoy my Xbox, but it's currently only being used as a dvd player, but I still 'play' my ps3 :)
UnchartedZone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 UnchartedZone
Member since 2011 • 219 Posts

Well, even if you don't play online, you can for free, so I'd say that's still a plus. Why won't you play online? A lot of good online games are really unique that you can't judge without trying them, and why not, when it's free (e.g., LittleBigPlanet - you can play "online" levels by yourself)? What kind of games do you play? Some good PS3 exclusives for single player are the Infamous games, the Ratchet and Clank games, God of War 3, Valkyria Chronicles, the Uncharted games, and I guess Gran Turismo 5 will last you a long time if you're into racing games and want to collect all the cars. If you don't mind playing last-gen games as collections, there are the Sly Cooper collection, Team Ico collection, and also a lot of great PSN titles like Journey and the PixelJunk games. Honestly, there are a lot more PS3 exclusives that have fun single player modes, but they aren't long enough to justify a $60 purchase. However, when combined with their multiplayer components, they make up a great package (e.g. Resistance 3, which has a pretty strong campaign for an FPS).

darkkillerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 darkkillerr
Member since 2005 • 361 Posts

nope it not worth it

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ShangTsung17

[QUOTE="ShangTsung17"]

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

Venom_Raptor

You're labelling everyone that plays popular, good games idiots? You just described yourself for even thinking it up :lol:

ignorance is bliss i suppose.. i feel so sorry for people like u, you're so clueless its depressing..

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

DJ_Lae

Agreed. The intense consumer loyalty is kinda weird.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Having both a PS3 and a 360 I can't necessarily recommend buying a PS3 to complement your 360. The vast majority of games are multiplatform, and while the PS3 does have a few good exclusives (some would argue more, but I'll say a few), I don't know if it's worth getting since you already have the 360. Unless you're very interested in the exclusives, I'd pass on the PS3, at least until it comes down in price some more.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Venom_Raptor

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

[QUOTE="ShangTsung17"]what can i say? there are millions of idiots in the world, and they're destroying the gaming industry.. unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it..

ShangTsung17

ignorance is bliss i suppose.. i feel so sorry for people like u, you're so clueless its depressing..

Clueless for stating a fact? No matter how bad someone's standards may be, Killzone 2 and 3 are good games, I feel sorry for people like you who can't see that.

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ShangTsung17

@venom-rapter, just forget it bro, fact is i hate mp and u luv it.. neither of us are gonna change that so why keep arguing about it? i'm sick of this feud so if u wanna continue dissing thats fine, but don't expect me to respond to it anymore.. btw whats the deal with u an dexter? its a cool series but geez man, i wouldn't represent it on a videogame website, just sayin..

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ShangTsung17

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"][QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

MethodManFTW

Agreed. The intense consumer loyalty is kinda weird.

omg no kidding.. wow, just... wow.. yea that guy seriously needs to get outa the house more or something.. thats downright scary.. :shock:

Emoboii93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Emoboii93
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
There are many many exclusives on the ps3. I would highly advise checking the big list out, many games are cheaper these days as well. Resistance , God of war ,killzone, gran turismo. There i started you off.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ZombieKiller7

Some of you sound so jaded and cynical.

Slit your wrists much?

Learn to turn off your intelligence sometimes and go with the flow.

It will help you take pleasure in life.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
YES
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

tes it is...and the option for free online gameplay experience is great...free options are always great...and ps3 has a lot of great exclusives

metalgrinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 metalgrinch
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts

Get rid of the 360 or sell it and buy a PS3!