Is the Playstation Camera worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Is the Playstation Camera worth it? (13 votes)

Yes 38%
No 23%
other 23%

So I'm debating getting the PS Camera but wonder if its worth it or not, what functionality does it provide? does any games currently out support it in anyway? Or am I better off just waiting?

Those that have it have you enjoyed it? or does it collect dust?

• 
LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

I don't know, i'm sure it will come in handy for lots of things. I am getting one for the game Just Dance 2014. I'd rather buy it then buy the mic, and other cam. Plus you can do playstation live videos, and i'm sure you can video conference with other friends. I'm sure its worth it. I'm getting it any way.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

The PS camera works with the Playroom game. Which is included with each PS4 console. It is a tech demo of sorts to demonstrate the PS4 camera. A kinda pack in game of sorts. Plus 2 expansions that are free from the PS Store. Other than Just Dance 2014 and the upcoming Just dance 2015 that is all the games that support the camera.

The PS camera is worth it if you wish to broadcast you and your game play experiences on the PS4. There are sites that allow you to do so. But your Camera postings must be videogame related. At the beginning of the PS4 camera era. People got kicked off these sites for doing stuff like posting themselves having sex and other non videogame on-line video postings.

Is the Camera worth it? only if you want to upload gameplay to the internet, Host your own gaming show, Post walkthrough videos or really like games such as Just Dance. You can even use the camera for internet video chat Skype like. The Camera is the same cost as a extra PS4 controller.

I am glad Sony gave us the option of having the camera or not. So if you want to spend $64.00 for the camera you can. The camera works well for what it is. So yes the camera is worth it.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

You can do voice commands with the camera as well, but you can also use your headset that came with the PS4.

Other uses of the camera were described above (Playroom, streaming gameplay, Playstation show, etc)

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#4 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Hmmmm, how is the overall quality of the camera?

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@MarcRecon: The overall quality is ok but not good as xbox one. I like th he camera for playroom but no desire fir broadcasting online. I said no to your poll because I think the playroom is cool but so far very little updates since ps4 release. I like the ninja bots and all the other updates but I want way more playroom and games like a fitness game like the xbox one fitness with p90x exclusive. I would wait to buy camera until they utilize the camera a hell of alot more.