Is the last boss of Ascension the best GoW boss?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Vatusus (4179 posts) -

I thought it was. Sure it wasnt really a "challenge" but it was the most epic thing I've ever seen. Even better than Chronos or Poseidon from GoW3 and, contrary to chronos, it was actually a "fight". God damn impressive. I also actually liked Ascension more than GoW3... less epic but it improved upon it gameplay wise. Its also the hardest GoW game to date, I thought. btw, I've beaten all GoW games except Ghost of Sparta and Ascension is probably my secont favorite after the original. Underappreciated game imho

#2 Posted by Granny_Spanked (1326 posts) -
Haven't played it yet, but i still think Ares was the best boss of the GoW series.
#3 Posted by danthegardner99 (799 posts) -

I would have to stick with Hades from GOW 3. Also, Chronos will always have a special place in my gaming memories. The scale and design were amazing, easily one of my favorite gaming moments. Ascension was solid all the way through. The ending was ridiculously cinematic and amazing to watch, but I thought the actual "fight" was pretty boring. 

#4 Posted by chocolate1325 (32368 posts) -

Colossous of Rhodes forever.

#5 Posted by nightshade869 (3457 posts) -
It was the most epic boss battle I have ever played hands down. Ascension was awesome!!
#6 Posted by DaRq_MiNoS (558 posts) -

Colossous of Rhodes forever.

chocolate1325

Yup. I never finished Ascension, and I enjoyed all the other GoW games. Ascension had no real puzzles, and it just got too boring for me. It just seemed like they were milking it, without adding anything new or interesting to the series.

#7 Posted by Totalgym9000 (1454 posts) -
Poseidon was the most epic start to a video game i've seen, Ascensions end was kool and all but I wouldn't call it a boss fight, just all show, I'm a huge fan of God of War and have played all the games from start to finish and Ascensions is pretty much the worst god of war of them all, there was just no point to it. God of War 3 ended perfect, there is no need for another god of war game.
#8 Posted by chocolate1325 (32368 posts) -

Ascension was not needed lame story.

#9 Posted by cooldust (3283 posts) -
Ascension was a story that didn't really need to be told but I still had great fun with it! Last boss was pretty epic but as a "Fight" it wasn't very good.
#10 Posted by pc-ps360 (3455 posts) -

I thought it was. Sure it wasnt really a "challenge" but it was the most epic thing I've ever seen. Even better than Chronos or Poseidon from GoW3 and, contrary to chronos, it was actually a "fight". God damn impressive. I also actually liked Ascension more than GoW3... less epic but it improved upon it gameplay wise. Its also the hardest GoW game to date, I thought. btw, I've beaten all GoW games except Ghost of Sparta and Ascension is probably my secont favorite after the original. Underappreciated game imho

Vatusus

finally a ps3 gamer mentions gow ascension. respect to u and yes not only does it hav the best bosses but imho it is the best gow game overall except for the tacked on multiplayer.

also get the ps3 version of ghost of sparta. strangely the game looks amazing, i did not expect it to look that good since it is a psp game but the gameplay and graphics are amazing. ghost of sparta is the second best god of war game imo.

ascension is only underappreciated because this gen alot of losers play score rather than great game.

#11 Posted by chocolate1325 (32368 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

pc-ps360

finally a ps3 gamer mentions gow ascension. respect to u and yes not only does it hav the best bosses but imho it is the best gow game overall except for the tacked on multiplayer.

also get the ps3 version of ghost of sparta. strangely the game looks amazing, i did not expect it to look that good since it is a psp game but the gameplay and graphics are amazing. ghost of sparta is the second best god of war game imo.

ascension is only underappreciated because this gen alot of losers play score rather than great game.

You have played GOW1 and 2 right.

#12 Posted by Business_Fun (2281 posts) -

It was a pretty darn cool way to finish a God of War game. At any rate it was orders of magnitude better than the damp squib that was the end of God of War 3.