This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Essian (3440 posts) -

So I know that there are a lot of mixed reviews about Id's RAGE, but I really dig the awesome graphics, and after watching a few video reviews, it looks like a cool game. I am not looking for the next Borderlands, or the best shooter on the system, I am just wondering if RAGE is a long, fun game worth the 9 bucks it would cost me to pick it up right now.

By long btw, I mean more than like 12 hours

#2 Posted by dan_gerous87 (766 posts) -

These questions always make me laugh. Seriously, what game isn't worth 9 measly dollars? It's an Id Software game, it received generally favourable reviews, & in those reviews it tells you how long the game can last. Plus you said you're not even looking for the best shooter on the system. What more can we say to make you part with your precious 9 bucks? Lol

#4 Posted by puddinghead101 (155 posts) -

Simple answer is yes

While the story is a little generic and the chracters not the most intersting the shooting aspects feel really nice and if you make the effort to use some of the gadgets and ammo types you can get a lot out of it. The racing is also quite fun although obviously not as good as dedicated racing games.

12 hours should be fairly attainable provided you take on some of the side missions.

You will need to make up your own mind but for me I completed the whole thing and while I proberbly won't replay it. At the price of $9 there really is no question.

Buy it and enjoy.

#5 Posted by 2Chalupas (5233 posts) -

These questions always make me laugh. Seriously, what game isn't worth 9 measly dollars? It's an Id Software game, it received generally favourable reviews, & in those reviews it tells you how long the game can last. Plus you said you're not even looking for the best shooter on the system. What more can we say to make you part with your precious 9 bucks? Lol

dan_gerous87

Pretty much this. Haha.

I could see not wanting to part with $9 for a really trash game, but what's the risk on a pretty well received game? It might let you down, but it's probably not going to be shockingly bad so that it wasn't worth $9. Worst case scenario you can probably still sell it on ebay for $5 if not the full $10+ that you paid for it. That's what I usually do anyway when I finish/100% a "multiplat" that I get for cheap - whether I like it or not when you get the game for so cheap you have almost no risk.

#6 Posted by AtticusFinch88 (1388 posts) -

I think there's a demo on PSN so you can always try before you buy.

#7 Posted by brownpriderider (311 posts) -

great game imo

#8 Posted by rawsavon (40002 posts) -

dan_gerous87
agreed ...its $9. Even if you only play for a few hours, it was still a better investment than going to the movies
#9 Posted by Bigboi500 (30409 posts) -

Yes it's easily worth $9.

#10 Posted by thedarklinglord (662 posts) -
Yeah, reviews seem largely mixed. But at $9.99 on Amazon, I figure it's gotta be worth the $10. Even if it's mostly boring, as some have leveled against the game, I'll still likely get some entertainment from pushing through the single-player campaign and then playing the co-op stuff with my brother or a friend. After which, I should still likely be able to sell it to someone else for a couple bucks. Seriously, it's $10. How epically awful would it have to be where it isn't worth the cost of a frozen pizza and 12-pack of soda? I imagine it won't be as awesome as Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (which I picked up for a criminally low $8.74), or as fun as Dead Rising 2 ($11.47), or as geektastic as The Force Unleashed ($12.27), but it'll almost certainly be as good as, if not worlds better than Alpha Protocol ($9.79) and Splatterhouse ($9.36) which, for $10, were still enjoyable if flawed and unpolished bits of entertainment. At that price, almost any game that seems even remotely appealing to me is worth taking a gamble on.
#11 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6255 posts) -

It's about 15 hours long

I had a blast with it.

#12 Posted by jordonj (1069 posts) -
I loved it, $9 is a great deal!
#13 Posted by nishanth12 (527 posts) -

Can someone tell where to get the game for 9$. I'll do it right now. just can't find it anywhere theat cheap.

#14 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

Can someone tell where to get the game for 9$. I'll do it right now. just can't find it anywhere theat cheap.

nishanth12

Amazon.com

And to TC:

It's iD Software. BUY IT. The worst iD game is often better than other dev's best. While it wasn't a classic like "DOOM", it deserves a play for-sure.

:)

#15 Posted by 2Chalupas (5233 posts) -

nishanth12

Best Buy actually had it for $5 for an entire month, think it was May?. But it required you to be a member of Gamers Club (with the $15/annual magaine subscription). If you just bought single issue of the @GAMER magazine on the spot it worked out to $5+$5=$10 for both the game and the magazine.

#16 Posted by IsJustMe (36 posts) -

Nine bucks sounds like a great deal.

#17 Posted by Deathtransit (3086 posts) -
It's on sale for $20 near where I live, I've been thinking about getting it too, but the demo was really horrible and turned me off. You guys think the demo is a good representation of the game?
#18 Posted by soundcellx (976 posts) -

no

#19 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

I thought it was worlds-more fun than that "Fallout 3" tripe. INFINITELY better game, in every way.

#20 Posted by Bigboi500 (30409 posts) -

I thought it was worlds-more fun than that "Fallout 3" tripe. INFINITELY better game, in every way.

MonkeySpot

Oh noo you didn't! Rage is fun don't get me wrong, but Fallout 3 is NOT a shooter and the shooting aspects are determined from the RPG stats you level up, and a MUCH deeper game than Rage all around.

#21 Posted by sukraj (23441 posts) -

Its my fav game of 2011.

#22 Posted by theru8543 (94 posts) -

I cant believe this is a topic because i actually just re-bought Rage after trading it in a few months ago. I kept watching the price drop and i was wondering why because it really is a decent game, I mean Bethesda did it for crying out loud. Thats not saying all they're games are good (brink)....but it's 11 dollars at gamestop. It has a sort of Fallout New Vegas feel to the game, and its actually a decent shooter. Plenty of side quest, and the racing element is pretty cool too. Definetly worth picking it up for 9 bucks, i just did and i got it to finish the game and im glad i did because its a good game. But thats all it is, its a good game, not anything ur going to get wowed over, but its def. a solid title

#23 Posted by Blueresident87 (5340 posts) -

For $9, it is more than worth it.