Is psn plus worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Deaho
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

hi every one,I would like to ask is the psn plus worth it or not,I have seen a lot of topics about it but I am still kind of confused,every one that says yes they say u get free games,I would like to know what kind of free games u get,I mean if some one is subscribed for a while can he mention name of the games he got it since he subscrbied even if the games is expired for now for the new subscriber.

Thank you for taking the time reading my topic and hope u can help me :).

puddinghead101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 puddinghead101
Member since 2012 • 190 Posts

I've been a PS Plus member for about a year and have gotten loads of free games. Some of the biggest titles I've got include:

Infamous 2

Red Dead Redemption

Sleeping Dogs

Bioshock 2

Limbo

There are more but I can't think of them right now. If your thinking of getting a Vita or already have one then threre's plenty of games for that as well including Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush and Wipeout.

Its got its other features aswell but just talking about free games that's about what I can tell you. I should say that all these are part of the UK subscriptionn and the US has different games.

Hope that helps.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Are you in Europe? We get better swag than the NA counterpart. Off the top of my head Plus has included the following games in the last year: Infamous 2, LBP 2, Motorstorm 3, Darksiders, Dead Space 2, Red Dead Redemption, Sleeping Dogs, Deux Ex: HR, Just Cause 2, Borderlands, Bioshock 2, Vanquish, next month I believe is Mass Effect 3 and Dead or Alive 5. Smaller downloadable games are included like Limbo and various discounts.
Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Deaho

Are you in Europe? We get better swag than the NA counterpart. Off the top of my head Plus has included the following games in the last year: Infamous 2, LBP 2, Motorstorm 3, Darksiders, Dead Space 2, Red Dead Redemption, Sleeping Dogs, Deux Ex: HR, Just Cause 2, Borderlands, Bioshock 2, Vanquish, next month I believe is Mass Effect 3 and Dead or Alive 5. Smaller downloadable games are included like Limbo and various discounts.Floppy_Jim

I am in middle east but I was thinking about subscribing for the us psn plus,bec it have an offer of subscribe one year and get 3 month free.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]Are you in Europe? We get better swag than the NA counterpart. Off the top of my head Plus has included the following games in the last year: Infamous 2, LBP 2, Motorstorm 3, Darksiders, Dead Space 2, Red Dead Redemption, Sleeping Dogs, Deux Ex: HR, Just Cause 2, Borderlands, Bioshock 2, Vanquish, next month I believe is Mass Effect 3 and Dead or Alive 5. Smaller downloadable games are included like Limbo and various discounts.Deaho

I am in middle east but I was thinking about subscribing for the us psn plus,bec it have an offer of subscribe one year and get 3 month free.

The US Plus is good too. I think they get most of the same games as EU, just sometimes a little later.
Azzurri22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Azzurri22
Member since 2011 • 168 Posts

EU PS Plus has definitely been worth it for me

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

For me, no, it's not.

The reason it's not worth it for me is because I buy a lot of games, so by the time they come around as "free" on PS+, I already own them.  Virtually every game that's been offered on PS+ has already been in my library, or I have no interest in it.

For people who don't buy a lot of games I suppose it may be worth it.  For me, though, in the nearly year+ that I was a member I never really got my money's worth.

Not only that, but I'm not a renter at all, not of movies or games, and seeing as PS+ is largely a game rental service, that further decreases its value for me.

Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Deaho

For me, no, it's not.

The reason it's not worth it for me is because I buy a lot of games, so by the time they come around as "free" on PS+, I already own them.  Virtually every game that's been offered on PS+ has already been in my library, or I have no interest in it.

For people who don't buy a lot of games I suppose it may be worth it.  For me, though, in the nearly year+ that I was a member I never really got my money's worth.

Not only that, but I'm not a renter at all, not of movies or games, and seeing as PS+ is largely a game rental service, that further decreases its value for me.

nyc05

For me no,all the games they have I never actually own it,but the problem is that I am so picky about the gams I play,I used to pick up a very good story games like uncharted,heavy rain,red dead and etc..

But I may get a gift 50$ psn card ,so I am thinking of picking up a new game from psn store which there is nothing really interest me or getting the psn plus subscribition which is why I made that topic for if it worth it or not.

Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Deaho

Thank you all for your advices,I finally got the psn plus and it sounds like its worth it :).

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I just subscribed to PS Plus.  The instant game collection alone is worth it.  I just got about 14 games for free.  I am from the U.S.  Right now, you can get Mega Man 9 and 10, Infamous 2, Ratchet and Clank All 4 One, Little Big Planet 2, Darksiders 1, Guardians of Middle Earth, Foosball, Closure, some fantasy game featuring wizards and Witches, Vanquished, and a few other titles for free.  Some games get switched for others on a monthly basis.  I believe during the summer, PS Plus always has an insane amount of titles to pick from.  I am hoping that Sly Cooper 4, Doom, and Dishonored make the cut at some point.  This is all for $50.  You cannot beat this deal.  PS Plus is more than a deal.  Most PSN games cost $15, so you are basically making your money back within three to four months.  The money I spent on PS Plus was well spent just for the instant game collection that is currenty available. 

RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts

Thank you all for your advices,I finally got the psn plus and it sounds like its worth it :).

Deaho

If you bought a PS+ subscription with a $50 PSN card, not a PS+ card, you'll get $10 back in April on top of the 3 extra months. Since you subscribed to NA PS+, you won't get exactly the same games as Europe. The free games are listed here.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

None of the games are actually "free". They are just rentals. Right now, I got the free month trial (started today) from a bought PS3 that I am using and I am downloading Infamous 2, LBP 2, Darksiders and Vanquish. You won't always get those type of good games every week. Right there, I think those a few good games to play. Also, I used the PS+ discount and got Counterstrike for $7 and that saved like $3. In all seriousness, I probably should have joined as I could have saved a ton for the discounts as I paid full price for lot of my psn games. I am probably more interested in the discounts over the time rather than the "free games".

$40 for 15 months of PS+ that sounds real good even though there are some pretty lame weeks. Sometimes people spend $40 just for one game and they don't like it or barely play it. If this turns out to be a good month for PS+, I will buy a year deal and get that $10 off.

$39.99 / 15 months = $2.66 per month.... "free games" and the discounts. I could have saved a lot of money with all the discounts from my past psn games.... I think that I will get it.

Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Deaho

[QUOTE="Deaho"]

RogueShodown

If you bought a PS+ subscription with a $50 PSN card, not a PS+ card, you'll get $10 back in April on top of the 3 extra months. Since you subscribed to NA PS+, you won't get exactly the same games as Europe. The free games are listed here.

yah I did that,I got a psn card 50$ and I bought the psn subscribtion from the psn store and I know about the 10$ part,I did that in purpose its a very good deal man .

thank you :)

CBN16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CBN16
Member since 2012 • 407 Posts

This was my first year with it and I have gotten far over $50 worth in free games. I have even gotten $60 games.

Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Deaho

This was my first year with it and I have gotten far over $50 worth in free games. I have even gotten $60 games

CBN16

cool u know when i got it I found my self downloading games, themes and avatars,i feel i got my money already

i think psn plus is cool for people who buys few games and dont try different category of games, thouse are the people who enjoy it

Avatar image for angryassdrummer
angryassdrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 angryassdrummer
Member since 2006 • 230 Posts

how long do most games take to download?

i just rented 3 games for ps3 today to see how i like gaming on ps3.. man, took 2 hours to download all the updates for Motorstorm Apocalypse 

am thinking newer games to dl on ps plus would be an over night job 9 / 10 times  for me

Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Deaho

how long do most games take to download?

i just rented 3 games for ps3 today to see how i like gaming on ps3.. man, took 2 hours to download all the updates for Motorstorm Apocalypse 

am thinking newer games to dl on ps plus would be an over night job 9 / 10 times  for me

angryassdrummer

yah its way too slow here as well I don't know whats wrong.

the psn store it self after using it for a while it starts to get too slow!

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#18 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

I just subscribed to PS Plus.  The instant game collection alone is worth it.  I just got about 14 games for free.  I am from the U.S.  Right now, you can get Mega Man 9 and 10, Infamous 2, Ratchet and Clank All 4 One, Little Big Planet 2, Darksiders 1, Guardians of Middle Earth, Foosball, Closure, some fantasy game featuring wizards and Witches, Vanquished, and a few other titles for free.  Some games get switched for others on a monthly basis.  I believe during the summer, PS Plus always has an insane amount of titles to pick from.  I am hoping that Sly Cooper 4, Doom, and Dishonored make the cut at some point.  This is all for $50.  You cannot beat this deal.  PS Plus is more than a deal.  Most PSN games cost $15, so you are basically making your money back within three to four months.  The money I spent on PS Plus was well spent just for the instant game collection that is currenty available. 

gamenerd15

^^ This; my sentinments exactly that just for the current collection, it pays for itself. Then, you get another 11 months (14 months if you got the bonus) of additions. I have a Vita which nearly doubles how awesome it is.

It is a stupidly good deal.

BigBangTheory_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BigBangTheory_
Member since 2013 • 181 Posts
UK one does
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

lild1425

^^ This; my sentinments exactly that just for the current collection, it pays for itself. Then, you get another 11 months (14 months if you got the bonus) of additions. I have a Vita which nearly doubles how awesome it is.

It is a stupidly good deal.

I do not have a Vita, but I plan to download games for the platform anyway.  If I ever do get the system, then I will already have something available to play on it.   

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
It probably more worth it for someone that doesnt have alot of games or is just getting a PS3. Also the EU ps plus has better free games.
Weenski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Weenski
Member since 2011 • 990 Posts
I've been a subscriber for 2 years. Infamous 2, Vanquish, Bioshock 2, LBP 2, Motorstorm Apocolypse, Mass Effect 3, God of War HD, RE5 Gold, Mortal Kombat, Darksiders, Tomb Raider Underworld, Sleeping Dogs, quite a few others, loads of PSN games, PSOne classics & minis. That lot cost me about £60 so for me it's well worth it. HTH
Weenski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Weenski
[QUOTE="Weenski"]I've been a subscriber for 2 years. Infamous 2, Vanquish, Bioshock 2, LBP 2, Motorstorm Apocolypse, Mass Effect 3, God of War HD, RE5 Gold, Mortal Kombat, Darksiders, Tomb Raider Underworld, Sleeping Dogs, quite a few others, loads of PSN games, PSOne classics & minis. That lot cost me about £60 so for me it's well worth it. HTH

Sorry, I meant Mass Effect 2
Avatar image for CaptainGamespot
CaptainGamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CaptainGamespot
Member since 2013 • 616 Posts

i think it's incredible based on my friend's goodies. i can't afford to keep paying $60 for a competing console's service (it only lets me play online) and the $50 ps+, so I'm going to go the ps+ route soon. I would def. say ps+ is worth it.

too hard to keep ignoring. i admit, i secretly wanted it to fail since i didn't want to sub, but it's too good to fail now, and people are recognizing it. i even saw great editorials online about it as well.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

I was waiting to see what game will be free this coming week..... Spec ops: the line is the "free game" tomorrow. It has been a good few past weeks and I can see it being worth it.

It is only $2.66 a month with the 15 months for $40 after $10 credit. I think of it as netflix of games where they are rentals but it introduces you to games that you probably wouldn't have played but will probably like. Netflix introduced me to sons of anarchy and breaking bad where I didn't watch the sheduled tv show. I am hoping that ps+ would introduce to some good games where I wouldn't normally try out. Imagine if someone plays like 30 "free games" over the year and pays $40-50.... It is worth it there and you also get discounts. Sure there will be bad weeks but you will have a big backlog of games. I am gonna sign up right now. I am using the free month trial right now but I want that $10 credit and 3 free months.

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Yes it very well is worth it heres why and I am from North America (USA).............

- Some of the Discounts suck, but some are insanely good deals (70% off), where you would be a fool not to pick up that game at that price, one sale I picked up LBP: Karting for $10 and like 3 other games and only spent $20 total.

- Sure some game updates suck and you will hate it, but remember there are good and bad months with plus. March is a great month, but you always get free games, so if you love to play games, plus is always great, just don't expect to get the games you want with every update.

- 18 games to start out with and updated every week with new games, once you download them, you can delete them and redownload them any time you want forever, as long as you keep your plus subscription.

- Has already been confirmed Plus Subscription will carry over to PS4. I am sure they will add free PS4 games to it also.

- Game Save back ups incase PS3 gets F'd. It saved my ass once.

- $40 dollars a year for Plus because you get $10 back after every time you spend $50.

- Its Even a better deal if you own both PS3 and Vita, so you can get games for both all the time.

See so to me me Plus is worth it :) Buy IT!!!

Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Deaho

i have subscribed to ps plus just a day after subscribtions and i find my self have a big list of games that i am downloading which is cool

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#28 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
i subbed just a few days ago, and i have to say it is worth it if you are a gamer and like to get free games each month
Aravix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -16

#29 Aravix
Member since 2004 • 1282 Posts

It's definitely worth it! I think you will be satisfied with your purchase. :)

Weenski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Weenski
Over 2 years I've got: Mass Effect 3 God of War HD Sleeping Dogs Limbo Bioshock 2 Mortal Kombat Batman Arkham City Resident Evil 5 Gold Vanquish Ratchet & Clank All 4 One Outland Burnout Paradise Shift 2 Unleashed Plants Vs Zombies The Simpsons Arcade Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Virtua Fighter 5 Tomb Raider Underworld Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine Costume Quest Darksiders Critter Crunch Mahjong Tales Smash Cars Hamsterball Magic The Gathering Marvel Pinball Hydrophobia Prophecy Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Dead Nation Motorstorm Apocolypse Infamous 2 Medieval Moves LittleBigPlanet 2 Renegade Ops LOADS of PSN games, PS2, PSOne games, Minis, 1 hour demos, discounts, thees, avatars etc etc