Tech-Kid96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Tech-Kid96
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I'm considering getting the Mass Effect Trilogy by downloading it from PSN since I cannot find the game from any other game shops. Right now it's for £25 on a sale, brought down from about £40-50. I'm just wondering if it is worth. I'm kind've bothered that if I do not like it, i'll want to refund and i'm not sure if PSN do refunds. Are there any other problems that arise when downloading from PSN? If so what are they?

Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts

As far as I know PSN does not accept refunds, they tend to give as much info as they can on a game before you buy it

Still I don't think you'll feel the need to do that, Mass Effect Trilogy for $25 is a pretty solid deal and the series is pretty good, I think you'll enjoy it

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#3 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I only buy digitally when it's a good deal. If I can find a physical copy for just as good of a price or a better price, I will always buy physical. Aside from not being able to re-sell a digital game, it takes up tons of space on your HDD. There aren't any refunds on the Playstation Store whatsoever, so I guess there is a little risk if you aren't sure. But I'd still say go for it because I think Mass Effect is an excellent trilogy, especially the 2nd and 3rd games. And for that price, you might as well get it while you can. You're easily looking at about 100 hours of content if you do end up playing through all the games.

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts

Yes I gotten fatal frame 3 tormented and devil summoner 1

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

If you value collecting, trading, lending and selling your games then it's kind of a no-brainer. Have you checked out prices on Amazon or a similar site? If you don't mind waiting on shipping you'll almost always get a better deal or at the very least better than a GameStop.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#6 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@tech-kid96 said:

I'm considering getting the Mass Effect Trilogy by downloading it from PSN since I cannot find the game from any other game shops. Right now it's for £25 on a sale, brought down from about £40-50. I'm just wondering if it is worth. I'm kind've bothered that if I do not like it, i'll want to refund and i'm not sure if PSN do refunds. Are there any other problems that arise when downloading from PSN? If so what are they?

Trust me, you don't want a refund for Mass Effect. The best trilogy last generation

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

yes Mass Effect is worth it

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

Mass Effect trilogy, all the games are great. You will not be disappointed, buy it now.

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

If you have any thoughts or doubts then it's probably be best if you just skip it. Only get it if you are absolutely sure that you will like the game. Despite being a good series, there have been people that dislike the franchise as a whole.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@DivineSword said:

If you have any thoughts or doubts then it's probably be best if you just skip it. Only get it if you are absolutely sure that you will like the game. Despite being a good series, there have been people that dislike the franchise as a whole.

The only real dislike has been the third game which is awful, the first two are liked by most

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11  Edited By Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

Mass Effect Trilogy is amazing. You won't be disappointed. You cannot get refunds on PSN, so it's up to the buyer to research a game before buying. A refund system, if it did exist on PSN, would probably be heavily abused/exploited anyway, without a means of proving you are also forfeiting possession of the item when you get a refund.

Personally, I buy a lot of games on PSN, but if I can get it boxed, then I will buy it boxed. Even if it costs me a little more. This is because I'm a collector (recently passed 250 boxed PS3 games!). In other words, I've bought a lot of games on PSN, but most of them are games that didn't get boxed releases.

There's a tonne of amazing games you can only get on PSN that are well worth looking in to. I'm tempted to drop a big long list here, but I don't want to get off-topic, so take your time, browse the store and find something that interests you.

Good luck.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

If ur interested in Mass effect then I would download the trilogy.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#14 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3647 Posts

Worth buying games on PSN. ME Trilogy is worth the money on it.

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#15 dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

If you can sell or trade your used games, go with the physical copies.

lacmicmcd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lacmicmcd
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

If you have a stable internet, the GB's, and can't find it cheaper in physical, go for it my friend. It's worth it for MET.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#17 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I rarely buy a full priced game off psn, unless I know it's going to be a good and I want to game share.

If not, I just buy $15-$20 indie games.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

The only real downside I see to buying DD on consoles is that the new consoles aren't BC. So you are stuck playing on the PS3 and shit out of luck once your PS3 breaks and you can't find another one. On PC that isn't an issue. Build a new PC and just redownload your games. That's what stops me from buying more DD games for my PS3, while on my PC I have almost 200 DD games. Console gamers have to start their library over every gen while PC gamers just adds to their library every gen.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

The only real downside I see to buying DD on consoles is that the new consoles aren't BC. So you are stuck playing on the PS3 and shit out of luck once your PS3 breaks and you can't find another one. On PC that isn't an issue. Build a new PC and just redownload your games. That's what stops me from buying more DD games for my PS3, while on my PC I have almost 200 DD games. Console gamers have to start their library over every gen while PC gamers just adds to their library every gen.

Nah

Companies spend a lot of money making older PC games work on newer hardware. For the most part what you say is true but there's a large chunk of games that don't work over time.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Nah

Companies spend a lot of money making older PC games work on newer hardware. For the most part what you say is true but there's a large chunk of games that don't work over time.

Well I have over 200 PC games and 100% of them still work today without issue. So I would love to see these games that don't work on today's PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
Member since 2013 • 355 Posts

I feel it is only worth it if you can only get the video game as a download and even then, it needs to be something you are sure you won't have second thoughts about.

James11222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By James11222
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Buying a game is only a good idea if you tend to keep the game.It's a given that selling the game after playing it will lose money. Downloaded games really have no resale as far as I know.

Renting the game is a convenient alternative. Works out fine since I keep the game only for a couple of months and return it. Costs only a fraction of the price of the new game.

Most of the big rental stores are closed.If you don't have a local small rental store with a decent selection of games, there are online rental sites for games.

Check out :

Gamefly.com for US only, somewhat expensive !.I think they also have PC downloads.

MyChoiceVideo Canada based but supplies to US and Canada. I'm with them as I'm Canadian. Great selection and pricing. Overall works fine. Probably adds a day or so to US, I don't know but should be no biggie. Console games for PS4, etc. no PC games or downloads, just console game rentals

I'm not into downloads as such.

FWIW.