Is it worth Buying a PS Vita?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#-49 Posted by Malta_1980 (11215 posts) -

the thing about the vita is it is a useless handheld device. Yeah sure its a decent multi media device but the thing is everyone has a samsung galaxy or an iphone, and no one will use a vita over their phones or tablets for media. The 3ds also has media function, though the screen display and resolution blows.The psp1 was much more revolutionary back in the day, it was ahead of its time.

Also, please list the 18 games that you want on the vita as im having trouble finding even 1 game on the vita I want (aside from possibly nfs mw). The 3ds games wise blows the vita out of the water, though to be honest the 3ds' library isn't so great either. Well at least its backwards compatible with the DS so theres a huge library of quality games for dirt cheap.

blaznwiipspman1

if there is not even 1 vita game you want maybe PSV is just not for you... I know 3DS has a bigger library but personally have no interest in 95% of its games... Doesnt mean 3DS sucks, just not the handheld for me..

Since I got the PSV last August i bought 7 games, there are approx 3 others I want to download from PS store and soon getting Persona4 & SF vs Tekken...

Also on my to get list there are LBP & Everybody's Golf, since i love both series of games...

I'm not saying the PSV has a HUGE games library but it does have games (exclusives & multiplats)..

#-48 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13997 posts) -

I've had some fun with the Vita. It does give that console experience when done right.

I just wish there would be good FPS game for once. Also needs an RPG of some sort.

#-47 Posted by blaznwiipspman1 (6028 posts) -

[QUOTE="blaznwiipspman1"]

the thing about the vita is it is a useless handheld device. Yeah sure its a decent multi media device but the thing is everyone has a samsung galaxy or an iphone, and no one will use a vita over their phones or tablets for media. The 3ds also has media function, though the screen display and resolution blows.The psp1 was much more revolutionary back in the day, it was ahead of its time.

Also, please list the 18 games that you want on the vita as im having trouble finding even 1 game on the vita I want (aside from possibly nfs mw). The 3ds games wise blows the vita out of the water, though to be honest the 3ds' library isn't so great either. Well at least its backwards compatible with the DS so theres a huge library of quality games for dirt cheap.

Malta_1980

if there is not even 1 vita game you want maybe PSV is just not for you... I know 3DS has a bigger library but personally have no interest in 95% of its games... Doesnt mean 3DS sucks, just not the handheld for me..

Since I got the PSV last August i bought 7 games, there are approx 3 others I want to download from PS store and soon getting Persona4 & SF vs Tekken...

Also on my to get list there are LBP & Everybody's Golf, since i love both series of games...

I'm not saying the PSV has a HUGE games library but it does have games (exclusives & multiplats)..

well as of now the only game I was interested in was uncharted and i feel that even that game was a waste since I don't play it anymore. Well since you dont own the 3ds like I do then you wouldn't have an understanding of how superior its library is right now to the vita. I played through and beat 4 games for the 3DS vs 0 for the vita. I bought the vita for the hype but i will keep it for its promising future, maybe a nice rpg or a decent shooter. I don't like golf games, LBP isn't my thing, SF vs tekken isn't for me. I am interested in persona 4 and will keep a look out for it and also plan to get ps+ service for the vita real soon. Since I got the vita real cheap it wasnt a big deal for me but for people right now wanting a handheld gaming device and already have a laptop or tablet the vita isn't worth the $250 price tag not to mention an additional $100 expense on a decent sized memory card.

#-46 Posted by JustBoomer (184 posts) -

For me, it was worth buying. I already purchased 8 games, and enjoing all of them.

#-45 Posted by DeviIHuman (203 posts) -

This might worth to buy PSVITA check this out

Click me

#-44 Posted by Sailor_Enlil (1552 posts) -

Oh yes indeed. Though in my case I bought it soley for this game:

PS Vita and Project Diva F

#-43 Posted by TwistedShade (3151 posts) -

Vita's going to be on sale at Amazon. the Assassin's Creed bundle will Include Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation, a Digital Code for Playstation all star's 30Days PS+ all for 180$. That's a freaking incredible deal if you're considering one.

#-42 Posted by Lyncaster (217 posts) -

Vita's going to be on sale at Amazon. the Assassin's Creed bundle will Include Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation, a Digital Code for Playstation all star's 30Days PS+ all for 180$. That's a freaking incredible deal if you're considering one.

TwistedShade
Yes. for all you people who said the PS Vita was only worth it at $200, your prayers have been answered ;p
#-41 Posted by Malta_1980 (11215 posts) -

[QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

Lyncaster

Yes. for all you people who said the PS Vita was only worth it at $200, your prayers have been answered ;p

Many of those stating that simply hate Sony and their gaming systems... Probably even at $100 they would still not get the PSV..

Unfortunately all believe PSV has no games, while it doesnt offer a huge library there are already some great titles available and things will get even better in 2013..

#-40 Posted by DarthJohnova (4599 posts) -

Just picked up a Vita bundle off of Gamestop.co.uk for £154; got NFS: Most Wanted and a 4GB memory card bundled with it. I'm a happy chappy, pleased with that!

#-39 Posted by JCMac120 (2771 posts) -

TwistedShade
It's a 3-month PS+ membership included, not 30 days. Regardless, this is an amazing deal. You'll also get all the PS+ free games with this bundle, which includes Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Wipeout, etc. Easily this would all be worth $350+ at regular retail price. Don't sleep on this one if you want it. Surely it'll go fast. The deal should be up at 3PM EST.