IS it me or did Madden plus other PS4 games didn't get any game com love

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ewalthour (763 posts) -
I have preordered PS4 and I am a graphic ho but I also want to see games execution step up as well. I cant wait to get my hands on MGS5 but i know thats not coming out til late next yr. So far I am still more excited about GTA5 then any other PS4 game. 1888 the order looks good but nothing but a trailer. Second Son looks good but not the game for me. Watchdog looks excellent but I am just a tad bit tired of it being possibly over exposed. I do like a world war fighter games and world thunder(i think thats the name looks good). I thought game com was going to show alot of people playing real demos of PS4 games. Fifa doesnt excite since i cant get into soccer games since i dont fully understand it. PS4 is coming out soon and so far nothing is blowing me away. I havent bought a Madden in yrs since they screwed us with monopolizing the NFL license and i started liking NFL 2k better anyway specially with lowing their price. The yr NFL 2k lowered their price maddened stomped them out. Competition is good and i am glad nba live is back but they have delayed release so often i am tired of them also. I want a new Madden game that not only has revolutionary graphics but also unstail gameplay unlike the crap they have been putting out for the last couple of yrs while idiot gamers keep paying full price for it. I Madden had competition during this generation consoles EA would have dropped its price to $50 or $40 for the last couple of yrs. Everyone knows sports games has the worse resale value since they come out every yr. What I am saying is since Madden for PS4 has not shown a real live demo and PS4 is coming out in 2 months. I doubt this is going to be a substantial upgrade to the PS3 version this yr. I am also surprise that NBA live and NBA 2k hasn't shown a demo so people are impressed with graphics and gameplay. I read how 33 games are coming out at PS4 launch and 180 games are in development but so far there are only a few games that have got me interested in the pS4 from launch. I am not a killzone hater but not a lover either. I will get watchdog which looks the best at out all the PS4 games. Call of duty looks but not sure if I am getting this one. I have played all call of duty games and i do like the idea of scuba diving and the german shepherd guard dog. Driveclub looks good but i want a more sim game but it comes with pS4 and i know i am going to need PSN membership to play any games online. So driveclub isnt a determining factor for whether i should be excited for launch date PS4 games. Another thing i think microsoft has done a better job of showing all the features of their new controller. When will PS4 show off touchpad piece on the PS4 controller and what games will utilize this part of the controller. What other enhancement has the PS4 controller implemented that we have actually been shown in a demonstration while playing a PS4 game? When will Sony convince us we should buy the EYE for PS4? These are the things I want to know. I thought Gamecom would have revealed a lot of these questions besides these 5 minute interviews with Sony CEO giving us vague answers about what to expect with PS4. What are you guys thoughts? Do you think a lot of games from game com didn't show any real demos concern you?
#2 Posted by The-Apostle (12190 posts) -
Can anyone just give me the tl;dr... *Is flattened by wall of text*
#3 Posted by ewalthour (763 posts) -
I tried to separate the paragraphs but it kept them meshed together. I know its hard to read but just look pass this and give me feedback
#4 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -
I wouldn't worry too much about not seeing Madden. It was a European game show and the Gen3 version just comes out this week. There is still 2 months until the next-gen consoles launch which is plenty of time for those versions to be shown off. As far as the controller goes, they've already described the enhancements they've made to the controller a few times. Just because they don't put out a new video every week saying the same thing like Microsoft seems to with the controller doesn't mean the info isn't out there.
#5 Posted by GTR12 (9665 posts) -

No European cares about your stupid Madden, same with NHL and Basketball.

Those are NA only games, why would they bother showing Madden when its not played in Germany?

FIFA is huge in Europe, you don't seem to like it and they dont like your "football"

#6 Posted by ewalthour (763 posts) -
ok on the stupid madden etc. But i am also referring to the lack of info on show how the controller with pad works by seeing it on a game utilizing its feature. Also madden and all of the stupid EA sports games werent seen at E3 as well. my convern is also that the Gamecom show didnt show anything new to me that E3 didnt already discuss. Maybe you guys just have low expectations for what you expect but 2 months from launch all those 33 plus games should start getting a lot of exposure. What the hell is the point of having a gaming expo and not see alot of demos like E3 shows. Yes i am aware its europe but american sports games sell there as well. But if you read my comments i was talking about a lot of other games i thought would be shown more by now. I have PS4 pre ordered but i hope in the very near future more games will be shown. Its amazing to me that not many other people see thru my perspective and not think not alot was shown at game com that was significant. I thought it was dissappointing besides knowing when the PS4 will be released. So you are telling me the PS4 controller demoed what it is capable of? There are some dumbass gamers these days.
#7 Posted by GTR12 (9665 posts) -

ok on the stupid madden etc. But i am also referring to the lack of info on show how the controller with pad works by seeing it on a game utilizing its feature. Also madden and all of the stupid EA sports games werent seen at E3 as well. my convern is also that the Gamecom show didnt show anything new to me that E3 didnt already discuss. Maybe you guys just have low expectations for what you expect but 2 months from launch all those 33 plus games should start getting a lot of exposure. What the hell is the point of having a gaming expo and not see alot of demos like E3 shows. Yes i am aware its europe but american sports games sell there as well. But if you read my comments i was talking about a lot of other games i thought would be shown more by now. I have PS4 pre ordered but i hope in the very near future more games will be shown. Its amazing to me that not many other people see thru my perspective and not think not alot was shown at game com that was significant. I thought it was dissappointing besides knowing when the PS4 will be released. So you are telling me the PS4 controller demoed what it is capable of? There are some dumbass gamers these days. ewalthour

E3 is for the press, Gamescom is for the public. I've already used both the new controllers and theres not much more else to say other than what's been said already.

I don't know what else there is to say if you've played the games in person.

#8 Posted by cooldust (3283 posts) -
Madden in Europe? Its completely irelevant...
#9 Posted by ewalthour (763 posts) -
People still don't get my point. I am not just talking about madden nor just sports games in general. I am talking about coverage of live demos for PS4 to really see the games graphics and the revolution from PS3 to PS4. I am also not taking about on paper what the pad on PS4 controller can do but actual demonstrations.When will Sony talk about games using the pad on the PS4 and how it works and the new EYE and what games are coming out using it? I am just a little impatient because i am shelling out $400 bucks and want more real info not trailers that can be dockered up to look fantastic and demos that aren't live on the spot. Everything seems to be controlled information without feeling as if PS4 is really being shown off. I do think microsoft at least broke down the # of enhancements their controller has from 360. At E3 they actually showed how to go thru the menu on xbox one with movies and the seemless transfer from playing a game to watching a movie ETC. Yes we saw Playstation CEO skim thru the PS4 interface during game com with a terrible panned out camera view but i would hardly call this a fully fleshed out demonstration of how it works. Why couldn't a gamespot rep play a game on PS4 but first show the PS4 menu and take us on a tour of all its functions?
#10 Posted by ewalthour (763 posts) -
Maybe PS4 showed more games then I think they did from Gamcom conference but weren't any i am interested in besides the ones i already knew about from E3.
#11 Posted by GTR12 (9665 posts) -

People still don't get my point. I am not just talking about madden nor just sports games in general. I am talking about coverage of live demos for PS4 to really see the games graphics and the revolution from PS3 to PS4. I am also not taking about on paper what the pad on PS4 controller can do but actual demonstrations.When will Sony talk about games using the pad on the PS4 and how it works and the new EYE and what games are coming out using it? I am just a little impatient because i am shelling out $400 bucks and want more real info not trailers that can be dockered up to look fantastic and demos that aren't live on the spot. Everything seems to be controlled information without feeling as if PS4 is really being shown off. I do think microsoft at least broke down the # of enhancements their controller has from 360. At E3 they actually showed how to go thru the menu on xbox one with movies and the seemless transfer from playing a game to watching a movie ETC. Yes we saw Playstation CEO skim thru the PS4 interface during game com with a terrible panned out camera view but i would hardly call this a fully fleshed out demonstration of how it works. Why couldn't a gamespot rep play a game on PS4 but first show the PS4 menu and take us on a tour of all its functions? ewalthour

Its only you that seems not to be getting it, its for the PUBLIC, GS nor any other gaming news topic would be able to film live demos without people shouting and playing in the background.

Can't you just watch youtube videos of people playing the games you like filmed on their phone?

#12 Posted by rwallacefan (4886 posts) -

Those are NA only games, why would they bother showing Madden when its not played in Germany?

FIFA is huge in Europe, you don't seem to like it and they dont like your "football"

GTR12
Surprised NHL doesn't get a bit of love in Europe, I mean who doesn't love those Czech hockey players, I sure as heck think they're exciting.
#13 Posted by ewalthour (763 posts) -
i am going to beat this damn drum until you dumb asses get it. Case and point, a new article today on microsoft with its kinect and all the improvements from 360 to xbox one. You stupid ass gamers make me sick sometimes. If i wasnt a playstation loyalist i would take my preorder and have a wait and see mentality with what to really expect from PS4. I am glad i ididnt pay in full and put $25 at best buy and the other $200 I added was on a gift card since i added it later. I just cram to understand you idiots that cant see that Sony hasnt done a good job with exposure of the system capabilities besides how much it cost and the controller plays shooters better than ps3.
#14 Posted by GTR12 (9665 posts) -

i am going to beat this damn drum until you dumb asses get it. Case and point, a new article today on microsoft with its kinect and all the improvements from 360 to xbox one. You stupid ass gamers make me sick sometimes. If i wasnt a playstation loyalist i would take my preorder and have a wait and see mentality with what to really expect from PS4. I am glad i ididnt pay in full and put $25 at best buy and the other $200 I added was on a gift card since i added it later. I just cram to understand you idiots that cant see that Sony hasnt done a good job with exposure of the system capabilities besides how much it cost and the controller plays shooters better than ps3. ewalthour

Now I get it, your an Xbox convertee...

Thats why you can't use paragraphs and call everyone dumb asses.

#15 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -
i am going to beat this damn drum until you dumb asses get it. Case and point, a new article today on microsoft with its kinect and all the improvements from 360 to xbox one. You stupid ass gamers make me sick sometimes. If i wasnt a playstation loyalist i would take my preorder and have a wait and see mentality with what to really expect from PS4. I am glad i ididnt pay in full and put $25 at best buy and the other $200 I added was on a gift card since i added it later. I just cram to understand you idiots that cant see that Sony hasnt done a good job with exposure of the system capabilities besides how much it cost and the controller plays shooters better than ps3. ewalthour
Again, they already described the features of the controller. Just because they aren't putting out 2 minute youtube videos showing the triggers from 300 different camera angles doesn't mean they haven't done a good job with talking about system features. Saying the same thing 100 times doesn't make the message any better. I knew about Kinect's improvements months ago when Microsoft talked about it the first time. Nothing has changed since then and won't change no matter how many crappy repetitive videos Microsoft puts out.
#16 Posted by bezza2011 (2559 posts) -

It still amazes me after all these years when someone says they don't understand soccer, and yet NFL yea no problem that game is more complicated than anything i've ever known.

Soccer all they do is try and kick into there goal, and the only rule is don't trip them up is the basic rule otherwise it's a foul,

NFL on the other hand is crazy with offence teams and deffence teams, all the crazy plays lol 

i agree tho, not alot of love. but we'll see still a TGS to go before release so

#17 Posted by ewalthour (763 posts) -
Is soccer a american sport? I dont think it is. I am talking about playing a sports game with strategy. I can play fifa and all ther other soccer games but its not as fun if you dont follow the players and no all the nuances of the game. I dont care what you guys say. Xbox1 is showing more of what the system is about. Yes Sony has gotten it with not screwing us with being a yr late on the system then having the nerve to charge us 200$ more for the system then what Xbox 360 charged. I HAVE NEVER OWNED A XBOX IN MY LIFE. I bought PS3 on day one. I am a true loyalist but my money speaks and i better see more of what the system can do and not just hear how Sony is for gamers etc. There are alot of games that will be available for both systems. I remember when MGS never went to Xbox until, I THINK, xbox 360 now MGS will be on every system. What I am saying is I need to see more and not just get all this so call genius advertising without substantial demonstrating the PS4 capabilities. Specs mean nothing to me if I cant see how it works in my hands. I saw a video either here or ign where battlefield 4 was shown on PS4 and the guy thought the PC was superior. I thought the graphic prowess of the new gen games were suppose to at least be in the ball park of PC games.
#18 Posted by PoisoN_Facecam0 (3734 posts) -
nobody cares if they show off the new sports games, what could possibly have changed that would make it worth the time to show? also stop wall of texting every post, no one is going to read all that.
#19 Posted by GTR12 (9665 posts) -

Is soccer a american sport? I dont think it is. I am talking about playing a sports game with strategy. I can play fifa and all ther other soccer games but its not as fun if you dont follow the players and no all the nuances of the game. I dont care what you guys say. Xbox1 is showing more of what the system is about. Yes Sony has gotten it with not screwing us with being a yr late on the system then having the nerve to charge us 200$ more for the system then what Xbox 360 charged. I HAVE NEVER OWNED A XBOX IN MY LIFE. I bought PS3 on day one. I am a true loyalist but my money speaks and i better see more of what the system can do and not just hear how Sony is for gamers etc. There are alot of games that will be available for both systems. I remember when MGS never went to Xbox until, I THINK, xbox 360 now MGS will be on every system. What I am saying is I need to see more and not just get all this so call genius advertising without substantial demonstrating the PS4 capabilities. Specs mean nothing to me if I cant see how it works in my hands. I saw a video either here or ign where battlefield 4 was shown on PS4 and the guy thought the PC was superior. I thought the graphic prowess of the new gen games were suppose to at least be in the ball park of PC games. ewalthour

Is Sony an american company? I dont think it is.

#20 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -
I saw a video either here or ign where battlefield 4 was shown on PS4 and the guy thought the PC was superior. I thought the graphic prowess of the new gen games were suppose to at least be in the ball park of PC games. ewalthour
Console graphics will always be behind the top of the line PC. There's no surprise there. To expect anything else is being naive. That doesn't mean next-gen console versions are going to look bad, just not as good. Hitting a baseball 600ft or 400ft doesn't matter if they're both a home run right? It is also a new console so it's possible the PC version of Battlefield 4 has been in development longer than the PS4 version. There is still time to do some optimizing and clean up the visuals a bit. I'm more impressed by the fact that they have it running at 60fps.
#21 Posted by wooooode (16665 posts) -
[QUOTE="GTR12"]

Basketball is global but agree dont care. Hockey is all over the place but not consistantly found through out the world. While I love football Madden is the same crap every year.