Is Gamespot too incompetent to review The Show on time

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts

like every other review site seems capable of doing?

I do not understand it. Their main role is to review games, but the biggest and best MLB franchise game review is....??? Other sites had the review up the day before release, just sad to me.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#2 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

You have no idea what goes on in their office. Shyte happens. Be patient, unless you REALLY need GS's OK in whether or not you should or shouldn't buy a game. By the way, the review's up.

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts

You have no idea what goes on in their office. Shyte happens. Be patient, unless you REALLY need GS's OK in whether or not you should or shouldn't buy a game. By the way, the review's up.

JustPlainLucas
Lol I like how the review comes up right after I post this. I don't need GS's opinion for any game I buy, just found it funny that other sites don't have this type of delay happen as often as I have seen it here.
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
maybe getting out a review for "Sports Game 20XX" isn't a high priority.
mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts
Lots of factors can affect a review's release time, incompetence is probably not one of them.
dogfather76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 dogfather76
Member since 2009 • 589 Posts

I have noticed that Gamespot is often one of the later sites to post reviews. However, depending on the review, I usually take them more seriously than some of other random sites out there.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#7 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

like every other review site seems capable of doing?

I do not understand it. Their main role is to review games, but the biggest and best MLB franchise game review is....??? Other sites had the review up the day before release, just sad to me.

nightshade869
If other sites have the review up then go read them. Complaining here isn't going to change anything.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#8 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I have noticed that Gamespot is often one of the later sites to post reviews. However, depending on the review, I usually take them more seriously than some of other random sites out there.

dogfather76
It could also be one of two things; they were not given an advance copy, or they could have simply spent more time with the game than other sites to do a more through review.
Avatar image for Deadman_est1982
Deadman_est1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Deadman_est1982
Member since 2004 • 1188 Posts

Well, aside from the visuals and some slight game mechanics, the Show hasn't really changed much.  That's not a bad thing because it is still the best baseball sim out there.  A game for me takes about 30-45 minutes.  I'm sure the Gamespot staff likes to play quite a few games before giving a review.