Is gamesharing BF3 Premium illegal?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 LordTrexGuy
Member since 2008 • 504 Posts

I wanted to know if it is illegal to do so. One of my friends is buying a physical copy of BF3 Premium and I want to know whether it is possible to game share it? Even if I can't get Premium, can I at least get the map packs? I'm only doing this because I don't trust PSN anymore with my credit card. Will I be able to get the mappacks and is it legal to do so? If not...then well, seems like my wallet is gonna get one game lighter.

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

It won't work that way with Premium. Whereas a lot of games that come as complete packages have all the DLC on a second disc, the DLC for Battlefield 3 Premium is unlocked by using the code to become a Premium member and then download all the DLC for free from the store.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#3 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

I wanted to know if it is illegal to do so. One of my friends is buying a physical copy of BF3 Premium and I want to know whether it is possible to game share it? Even if I can't get Premium, can I at least get the map packs? I'm only doing this because I don't trust PSN anymore with my credit card. Will I be able to get the mappacks and is it legal to do so? If not...then well, seems like my wallet is gonna get one game lighter.

LordTrexGuy
You can buy PSN cards from stores, or just buy the premium edition of the game.. I've seen it on sale for $40 the last few times I've been out to game stores.
LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LordTrexGuy

It won't work that way with Premium. Whereas a lot of games that come as complete packages have all the DLC on a second disc, the DLC for Battlefield 3 Premium is unlocked by using the code to become a Premium member and then download all the DLC for free from the store.

Schreek

But since he gets the DLC under the downloads section as free, I can make another user and log in to his account and then download all the DLC, can't I? I'm not interested in having PREMIUM written under my name, it just sounds a bit racist, all I want are the maps.

@ Rattlesnake_8 I really like to pay for my own stuff but if I already have BF3 and I can't buy another one for the dame price just to get the Premium stuff. Also, while in some areas the Premium is for $50 on PSN, for me it's $65, which is just too much to pay for so I'm considering gamesharing it.

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Schreek

[QUOTE="Schreek"]

LordTrexGuy

But since he gets the DLC under the downloads section as free, I can make another user and log in to his account and then download all the DLC, can't I? I'm not interested in having PREMIUM written under my name, it just sounds a bit racist, all I want are the maps.

@ Rattlesnake_8 I really like to pay for my own stuff but if I already have BF3 and I can't buy another one for the dame price just to get the Premium stuff. Also, while in some areas the Premium is for $50 on PSN, for me it's $65, which is just too much to pay for so I'm considering gamesharing it.

The whole "it sounds racist" is stupid. Just try it, its not going to hurt you. Is it illegal? Yes, it is a form of thievery as you did not pay for the right to use that content. But based on your post, I don't think you care much about that, you just want to use the content, so just try it.

lonewolfman10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 lonewolfman10
Member since 2012 • 528 Posts

I thought it would've been fine provided the person who originally owns the account is okay with it

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LordTrexGuy

[QUOTE="LordTrexGuy"]

[QUOTE="Schreek"]

Schreek

The whole "it sounds racist" is stupid. Just try it, its not going to hurt you. Is it illegal? Yes, it is a form of thievery as you did not pay for the right to use that content. But based on your post, I don't think you care much about that, you just want to use the content, so just try it.

What do you mean by 'just try it'??? Its $64.99 and lets say I give it a try. I don't like what I got for my buck. Will DICE give me back my money? Lol at 'its not going to hurt losing 64.99 dollars for nothing.' I'm not trying to be a smartass here, but you're implying that if your friend buys a pizza and shares it with you, it's thievery since you didn't really pay for the pizza. And how the fvck can you conclude from my post that I'm a pirate? Keep your characteristics to your self and please avoid posting unless you're actually going to help.

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

[QUOTE="Schreek"]

[QUOTE="LordTrexGuy"]

LordTrexGuy

What do you mean by 'just try it'??? Its $64.99 and lets say I give it a try. I don't like what I got for my buck. Will DICE give me back my money? Lol at 'its not going to hurt losing 64.99 dollars for nothing.' I'm not trying to be a smartass here, but you're implying that if your friend buys a pizza and shares it with you, it's thievery since you didn't really pay for the pizza. And how the fvck can you conclude from my post that I'm a pirate? Keep your characteristics to your self and please avoid posting unless you're actually going to help.

Difference between pizza and DLC is you aren't paying for the product ownership like you would a pizza, you are paying for a license. It's against the terms of service to game / account share anything. Just quit being so cheap and either get it yourself or go without it.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

[QUOTE="Schreek"]

[QUOTE="LordTrexGuy"]

LordTrexGuy

Rent the game first. You don't like what you got for your buck? Too bad for you,search about the game before buying it.
blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts
Don't be cheap man. Support the game companies. :P
LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LordTrexGuy

[QUOTE="LordTrexGuy"]

[QUOTE="Schreek"]The whole "it sounds racist" is stupid. Just try it, its not going to hurt you. Is it illegal? Yes, it is a form of thievery as you did not pay for the right to use that content. But based on your post, I don't think you care much about that, you just want to use the content, so just try it.

MonsieurX

Rent the game first. You don't like what you got for your buck? Too bad for you,search about the game before buying it.

Lol I own the game so get your facts correct before b!tching.

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LordTrexGuy

Don't be cheap man. Support the game companies. :Pblabbyboy

Its not that I'm being cheap. Would you rather pay for something if you could get it for free legally? This isn't the Battlefield I used to remember, the one which didn't lick Activision's boots. They took out major stuff from the game and they're now releasing it as DLC. That's what is cheap.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Yes.
Ada-Wong-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ada-Wong-Fan
Member since 2012 • 69 Posts

LordTrexGuy Is So Poor If he Can't Buy Premium Get A Better Job.

All True Battlefield 3 Fans Can Buy Their Premium So Can LordTrexGuy

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Schreek

[QUOTE="Schreek"]

[QUOTE="LordTrexGuy"]

LordTrexGuy

Are you serious? If you ate some pizza that your friend bought, you probably had his permission or could easily obtain his allowance. Are you asking DICE for there permission?

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LordTrexGuy

[QUOTE="LordTrexGuy"]

[QUOTE="Schreek"]The whole "it sounds racist" is stupid. Just try it, its not going to hurt you. Is it illegal? Yes, it is a form of thievery as you did not pay for the right to use that content. But based on your post, I don't think you care much about that, you just want to use the content, so just try it.

Schreek

Are you serious? If you ate some pizza that your friend bought, you probably had his permission or could easily obtain his allowance. Are you asking DICE for there permission?

All I'm asking is whether you can gameshare BF3 Premium or not and whether it is illegal. I don't see why gamesharing it would be illegal, but anyways I've already bought it. And I'm sorry for raging on you.

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LordTrexGuy

LordTrexGuy Is So Poor If he Can't Buy Premium Get A Better Job.

All True Battlefield 3 Fans Can Buy Their Premium So Can LordTrexGuy

Ada-Wong-Fan

I really have no idea what you're saying. If you're saying I'm poor and don't have a job, you're wrong and right, my father is between middle class and yes, I don't work since I don't need to and from where I come, my father supports me until my first job but things might be different when I move to Canada in a few years. And I don't want to buy Premium because it just gives you ADD-ON content for the same price I could get a new game or two games around 6 months old. I'm a Battlefield 3 fan but my father ain't willing to use his credit card since the big PSN hack. And I have already got the code from a friend who didn't need it since he's premium on Xbox 360 already.

Ada-Wong-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ada-Wong-Fan
Member since 2012 • 69 Posts

You So Cheap LordTrexGuy Least I Not Cheap Such As You

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LordTrexGuy

You So Cheap LordTrexGuy Least I Not Cheap Such As You

Ada-Wong-Fan

Why d'you call me cheap? Only because I didn't want to buy Premium? I don't think you understood my reply, did you? And please work on your English. I'm interested to know which part of the world you come from to have such amazing English Language skills.