Is BF4 safe to buy now?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by UevenLiftBro (70 posts) -

Looking to pick up a PS4 next week and the first game I want to buy is BF4 but I know its been buggy as hell lately. they just released a patch but even still I think people are experiencing problems.

I want a FPS, would I be better off with COD or BF4 and its problems?

#2 Edited by marcheegsr (2704 posts) -

It seems to be getting better by the week.

I had it since day one of the ps4 launch and that first week or two it was nearly unplayable. But now im enjoying the hell out it. Spent 30 hours so far online. Minor bugs and glitches still pop up once and a while but it's nothing too major.

Also seems like some people are experiencing more issues than others. I would say its worth getting.

#3 Posted by Terrencec06 (3536 posts) -

I personally stay away from Conquest and Rush. TDM and Domination work fine, haven't had any crashes.

#4 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71726 posts) -

i haven't had any problems until now, you should get it

#5 Posted by lonewolf604 (8522 posts) -

Oh god......I wan to play it so badly right now....STILL HUNTING FOR PS4!!!!!

#6 Edited by Jimmy_Russell (737 posts) -

Shh, no tears. Only dreams now.

#7 Posted by Carl_W21 (2021 posts) -

@lonewolf604 said:

Stock up on ammo and food, it's gonna be a long winter before we see on of those babies again :/

#8 Posted by lonewolf604 (8522 posts) -

@Carl_W21 said:

@lonewolf604 said:

Stock up on ammo and food, it's gonna be a long winter before we see on of those babies again :/

Says you :P I just got one! Wow I'm so lucky haha. I live like a 5 min drive away from a best buy, and I managed to get one. There was only 8 left when I got there (there was a line).

#9 Posted by Carl_W21 (2021 posts) -

@lonewolf604 said:

@Carl_W21 said:

@lonewolf604 said:

Says you :P I just got one! Wow I'm so lucky haha. I live like a 5 min drive away from a best buy, and I managed to get one. There was only 8 left when I got there (there was a line).

@lonewolf604 said:

@Carl_W21 said:

@lonewolf604 said:

Congrats man, I honestly think it's gonna be late Feb till I can get hold of a bundle ! DAYUM

#10 Posted by sirk1264 (5552 posts) -

Conquest is a mess still. Lots of stuttering and lag. I believe it is a server issue though. All the other game modes work great. Love obliteration. Such a fun game mode. All the other game modes run smooth as butter too.

#11 Posted by marcheegsr (2704 posts) -

@sirk1264 said:

Conquest is a mess still. Lots of stuttering and lag. I believe it is a server issue though. All the other game modes work great. Love obliteration. Such a fun game mode. All the other game modes run smooth as butter too.

Yea conquest is the only mode that gives me that studder step when sprinting. It kind of makes me mad. Probably has to do with the 64 player in one game. I hope they fix it in the future because conquest is great when it works.

#12 Edited by sirk1264 (5552 posts) -

@marcheegsr: I agree conquest is great when it works so I also hope that they can fix it soon.