Is a 22 inch screen good enough for a console ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by davion100 (5 posts) -

I am going to buy a PS4 soon and with not much money left, I am thinking of buying a 22 inch TV. It's Full HD with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, but I am worried that if I get too far from it i won't be able to see text and stuff like that.

#2 Posted by bezza2011 (2559 posts) -

How much money have you got left??? a 22inch screen is way to small for console gaming if you were to go that small your best bet would be to buy a hd pc monitor due to it's design really shows off the games very well, i picked one up for £70 used, and i have not used it for ps4, i played alot of ps3 games on it.

#3 Posted by Arthas045 (5257 posts) -

If it is a bed room setup I would imagine that to be big enough. If it is a living room setup I personally would get a bigger TV. I have a 47 inch in my living room and my son has a 24 inch in his room and he loves it. Also like stated above if you pick up an HDMI monitor with 1080p you may save some money. The only thing that stinks is most monitors do not come with remotes.

#4 Edited by RiKanKiDD (1058 posts) -

It depends on your room setup. I have a 42 inch because my room is 2 times bigger than a living room. Oh but 22-32in is the recommended size for gaming. I'd go bigger than 22.

#5 Posted by marcheegsr (2841 posts) -

I think 22 is too small. 32 and up is good.

#6 Posted by ankor77 (986 posts) -

As others have said it all depends on the distance at which you are viewing. My ps3 and ps4 are hooked up to a 24inch computer monitor on my desk and I play it from 2-3 feet away. It works fine.

My XB1 is hooked up to my 55inch tv which i view from around 10-12 feet away. If you are sitting on the couch and playing that way 22inches would be pretty small IMO.

#7 Posted by scarpad1701 (299 posts) -

I've been debating gaming on my 50" plasma, or setting my PS4 up in a edicated gaming area with a 26" Samsung I have, sometimes a tv can be too big, I have to admit thou it looks kinda sweet on the plasma I just worry about Image Retention

#8 Posted by davion100 (5 posts) -

@Arthas045 said:

If it is a bed room setup I would imagine that to be big enough. If it is a living room setup I personally would get a bigger TV. I have a 47 inch in my living room and my son has a 24 inch in his room and he loves it. Also like stated above if you pick up an HDMI monitor with 1080p you may save some money. The only thing that stinks is most monitors do not come with remotes.

I found a little bit more expensive 28 inch TV so I guess that is what I am gonna buy.

#9 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

Well in my opinion being that I have played games like Forza 5 which has jaggies everywhere including on the car itself. I would say lrger screens would make them more apparent. But with the PS4 which has better visuals I really cant comment being that I haven't played my PS4 yet. I would say it depends on the game but a game like KZSF I would say would be fine for a larger screen but a game like Knack probably better on a smaller screen.

#10 Posted by Megavideogamer (5441 posts) -

It is not the best size. But if it is all you can afford for the moment make do. Then go for the 40inch and 55 inch T.V down the road. Keep in mind Sony's Playstation 3D monitor is only 24 inch. So your 22 inch is a good start. Upgrade to a larger TV when you are able.

#11 Posted by SoNin360 (5504 posts) -

If you're in a relatively small room and sit fairly close to the TV, it should be fine. I used to game on 19 inch HDTV and it worked well for my situation since my room is pretty cramped. I did upgrade to a full HD 26 inch, which is even better, though namely because it looks a bit better, not necessarily because the screen is bigger.