InFamous 2 or Prototype 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#1 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

I know that I was excited for both inFamous and Prototype (I had to have both) and after playing through both I have to give the edge to InFamous for the karma system, awesome power-ups, and better story/presentation. InFamous 2 is going to released soon and Prototype still has a ways to go. My question is which one do you think will be the better sequel based on what you've read, heard, or seen for yourselves? it's a tough call for me. I'll pick Prototype 2 because I think a lot of lessons were learned from the first go-around and it's looking pretty good so far.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
Prototype is a multiplatform title so why not just get both games?
Double_Wide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#3 Double_Wide
Member since 2006 • 1985 Posts
^ I'll probably end up doing this but its a definate "yes" for Infamous 2. I haven't played my copy of Prototype yet (sad huh?) but I'm pretty confident that I'll like it.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#4 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I won't be getting Infamous 2, but I'll certainly be getting Prototype 2 on the first day of release!

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
inFAMOUS 2 no doubt... Prototype 1 was terrible, so hopefully they make Prototype 2 much better... But inFAMOUS 2 will be fantastic judging from what we have seen so far.
crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 crashndash
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
i got prototype last time so i guess i will get it again this time, but i dont like the idea of the plot :( i would prefer to play as mercer and get the powers i had in prototype + a whole bunch of new ones. instead the trailer looks like they recycled alot of prototype 1 into 2 kinda dissapointing :( i hope im wrong otherwise its gona feel like playing the same game all over again.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
[QUOTE="slugger24"]hey everyone please check out the video i made its my first ever. thanks! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51ivNMLe3eg

What's this, a Black ops montage video set to terrible music? How insanely original. The video has nothing to do with this thread so please stop spaming the forums.
3DSTICKMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 3DSTICKMAN
Member since 2011 • 301 Posts
infamous is so repetative... havent played prototype
adam1808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 adam1808
Member since 2009 • 264 Posts

I'd buy infamous 2 for the reason I bought the first game over Prototype, namely concept. Infamous is a game homage to comics and superhero's set in its own bespoke fiction whereas Prototype is a admittedly fun but unfocused mess of fantasy powers dreamt up by 13 year olds. Infamous knows what it is and what it wants to achieve while Prototype just wants to be a bloody as possible in the most spectacular way (not a bad thing)

Anyway I love the guys at Sucker Punch studios for giving me Sly Cooper, I'd rather pay their cheques

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts
inFAMOUS 2 for sure.
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Koi-Neon-X

Prototype is a multiplatform title so why not just get both games?MushroomWig

I probably will eventually of course other titles will be taking priority.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Koi-Neon-X

Prototype has some good elements to it unfortunately is got old pretty quick especially with the repetitive go into the base, extract info, and destroy base (or not). InFamous and the shards. Nuff said lol. Oh, and that time limit satellite uplinkmission where you had to get them all in a minute (I think it was the Warren District) that was..CRAZY! and not in a good way (finally did it after a few attempts).

conistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 conistant
Member since 2008 • 2169 Posts
Infamous 2.Who doesn't like a superhero game with user generated content?Also I played Prototype on my 360 when it was functioning properly and didn't enjoy the game.I felt it was too similar to Incredible Hulk:Ultimate Destruction which I didn't enjoy much.
Chubith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chubith
Member since 2003 • 345 Posts

I enjoyed both, but infamous all the way. One of my favorites this gen. Prototype had issues, but im hoping they will be ironed out by the release of 2.

But seriously, InFamous 2 looks amazing. Day 1 hero edition for me!

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
INFAMOUS2
H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts
I need to play Infamous 1 yet lol, just got a ps3 on Monday. Infamous looks better I think.
Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I will be buying both.;)

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Infamous 2. I have no interest in Prototype.

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts
inFamous 2 by a large margin. I might give Prototype 2 a shot if there is a demo and I like it, but I didn't like the first one at all.
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Koi-Neon-X

Infamous 2.Who doesn't like a superhero game with user generated content?Also I played Prototype on my 360 when it was functioning properly and didn't enjoy the game.I felt it was too similar to Incredible Hulk:Ultimate Destruction which I didn't enjoy much.conistant

I love that "troll" part of your sig and couldn't agree more lol. I enjoyed the first inFamous and the second one looks promising though I'm having some reservations. I usually play a demo, read previews, read/watch reviews, and appreciate other Gamespot user's feedback before I'll commit to certain games (some are just no brainers for me: Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resident Evil 5, Valkyria Chronicles, etc...)

Prototype had so much potential (had a lot of fun throwing tanks around and running up the sides of skyscrapers) it just needed more variety. Oh, and the shape-shifting was pretty good too;)

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Koi-Neon-X

I need to play Infamous 1 yet lol, just got a ps3 on Monday. Infamous looks better I think.H_M_1

Congratulations on acquiring a PS3!:) I remember when the InFamous demo came out I must have played it a million times because it was just a lot of fun. The gameplay is very solid (though I experienced some parts where Cole just sticks to everything and it was hard to manuever at times lol) still the presentation can't be beat really and the karma system is a huge plus as well. I think you'll enjoy it.;)

kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

I'll be grabbing inFamous 2

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Koi-Neon-X

inFamous 2 by a large margin. I might give Prototype 2 a shot if there is a demo and I like it, but I didn't like the first one at all.TheMoreYouOwn

Prototype didn't live up to the hype for me. I was so excited to get this game after reading everything I could about it and watching any gameplay clip I could find. It's almost like ascending up a roller coaster. You know that heart-racing descent is coming soon, but in this case the car just sat there instead.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Koi-Neon-X

I won't be getting Infamous 2, but I'll certainly be getting Prototype 2 on the first day of release!

Venom_Raptor

Any new additions you hope to see in Prototype 2 that were not in the first Prototype? I think you also mentioned that you were not a big fan of multiplayer or that too many games feature it (please correct me if I'm wrong) and the first Prototype was going to feature multi-player so I'm wondering if they'll true to bring it back in the sequel and if so would you give it a shot if it happens?

infamousJB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 infamousJB
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I can't tell, I do not have enough money for prototype, spend it for InFamous 2, there is one site in NL where you can buy it. But I really like the story, the power-ups, everything so I wil choose InFamous
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Infamous 2 no doubt. But just to be safe just wait for reviews.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

InFAMOUS 2, obviously... In comparison to InFAMOUS, Prototype was such garbage, and I just can't see a sequel to Prototype topping anything having to do with InFAMOUS.