In all seriousness, Isn't Xbox One the better console.

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by christianRho (24 posts) -

Sony plays this game of being more powerful every console launch. I remember it well during PS3 launch. It became apparent quickly that both consoles were equally powerful through the games it released.

Now, to Sony's benefit I also remember that games they had during launch or on the horizon were very very compelling. Ratchet and Klank is one of my favorite games and I was mad as hell Xbox didn't have that franchise.

But this time while Sony is playing up the hardware again the launch titles and what is on the horizon for PS4 seems dim. I am not dissing PS4 in any way but to me I think the flood gates are coming and I don't know how Sony is going to be able to compete.

It's not just TitanFall and Halo 5 but the entire app ecosystem that Microsoft is threatening with.

Skype for example. Does everyone realize that instead of being huddled real close to ones laptop now a family of 5 can sit on the living room couch and Skype cousin Joey in San Fran? There is nothing and will be nothing on Sony's PS4 to match this amazing technological reality.

Yea the cable overlay may be kind of stupid but in reality the one guide idea that mixes in Netflix to Skydrive is oh so compelling.

I think the story for Xbox One is going to get stronger and stronger every single year. By the end of this console war I could see Sony perhaps abandoning ship.

To be honest the Steam Box is more compelling right now than the PS4.

of course IMHO.

What are you honest and non-trolling thoughts about the issue - I am interested in what thoughtful comments say about this.

#2 Posted by MethodManFTW (25604 posts) -

In all seriousness, this isn't system wars.

#3 Posted by SoNin360 (5393 posts) -

Yeah, this doesn't belong here. Though I wouldn't expect graceful replies in System Wars. I think the PS4 will show its technical edge later on down the road through exclusives. I think that's how what happened with the PS3 as well. Yeah, sure, the Xbone might do more "things", but I since I think gaming is the most important thing, for, you know, a gaming console, that it won't be a big deal. I do see the point that it may garner a more casual crowd as the original Kinect did for the 360, but at it's current price tag, I think its sales are going to lag behind the PS4 for a while, though the margin might not be as tremendous as some think it will be.

#4 Posted by dipdish (867 posts) -

No way. In all seriousness.

#5 Edited by Coolboy420x (2188 posts) -

Expected from a person with total of 14 posts...

#6 Posted by Truvietplaya (659 posts) -

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and that is okay but it is too soon to say which is better as a whole. What all you mention above is how your explaining the Xbox One is the better system for you. What are you trying to compare? Which system has the better graphics? 3rd party support? Features? Games?

#7 Posted by xeon71 (207 posts) -

I definitely don't agree but I believe that Microsoft and Sony are headed in different directions. Sony is gearing more towards gaming and Microsoft is gearing more towards entertainment. Sony wants to be the go to system for games and Microsoft wants to be the centre of your living room experience.

#8 Posted by Tanden_Stoker (54 posts) -

Trolling trolling trolling rawhide!!

http://youtu.be/qCRae5mRoRE

#9 Edited by dipdish (867 posts) -

@xeon71 said:

I definitely don't agree but I believe that Microsoft and Sony are headed in different directions. Sony is gearing more towards gaming and Microsoft is gearing more towards entertainment. Sony wants to be the go to system for games and Microsoft wants to be the centre of your living room experience.

Xbox fans claim that Xbox is an entertainment system, rather than being a console solely for gamers, as if that's a bad thing, but they quickly forget that PlayStation also has, and will have, many features for "home entertainment".

#10 Edited by christianRho (24 posts) -

I appreciate the responses. In no way did I want a negative commenting system war or anything like that. I was just wanted to hear honest responses from Sony people. I do feel Sony has the ability to compete and the competition between the 3 systems is honestly good for everyone. In this go round however I really felt there was so much "hype" for something that may not be able to back it up in the long term.

And I very well may be wrong.

#11 Posted by JoKeR_421 (8920 posts) -

All the hype and sony won't back it up lol really? If anything that Sony does well is good exclusive games. Last of us, uncharted, god of war, flower, kill zone, resistance. Just to name a few that are my favorite from top of my head. And Skype in ur living room is revolutionary? I hardly use Skype, I know some ppl do and glad they'll get their good use. But in all honestness this don't belong here and both system offer their pros and cons. While I own both systems( I love to game and a collector ) I still prefer the exclusive Sony provide I don't know something about their games just pulls me in and entertains me. Xbox only a very few has done that, Alan wake, fable and gears. But as I mentioned both systems are strong they will both show what they can do in good time and I wish both em luck as I'm here just to enjoy some new gamea

#12 Posted by clr84651 (5390 posts) -

X1 is made to do more like TV, because MS finds ways to make more money with every system they release. They are much more of a money grubbing company than Sony. They just recently hijacked my MS Office on my PC that came with my PC and tried to force me to buy the newer Office. I had to search the internet to figure out how to get it stopped. They're after money like crazy!

PS4 is very good at playing games. That's what consoles are supposed to be focused on.

#13 Edited by Videodogg (12557 posts) -

Well, in all seriousness, i strongly disagree.

I own both a PS4 and a Xbox One. Counting in the Kinect and the PS Camera; side by side, cosmetically the PS4 looks better and is smaller and does not use a honking huge power brick. I dont think the Xbox One is ugly or anything and i like the soft touch on/off. Games are pretty much equal in all respects ( except that PS4 does native 1080p on many third party games, though not a BIG deal ). I love the smaller indie games like Resogun, Flower and Sound Shapes on PS4. Killzone is great and i even enjoy Knack. Because i chose PS4 for all my multiplat games, all i am playing on my Xbox is Forza 5, Killer Instinct, the Kinect Sports demo and some of the Xbox Fitness stuff. Some of the Kinect stuff is ok, but i much rather use the controller for menu controls. I do think the PS4 downloads things better, faster than Xbox One. But for day one launch i do think Live was more stable than PSN. I am going to say the two systems are pretty much equal with no real strengths or weakness against each other. It is going to be the GAMES over a longer period of time to see how things shape up.

#14 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70921 posts) -

I have been a big fan if the 360, but no. 360 hasn't cared for europe for the last years, not giving us apps and a bareboned Xbox Live with only Netlfix and online play behind a paywall. Xbox One is less powerful, costs more, has a crappy camera, less exclusives, lesser exclusives, not being indie friendly and everything is behind the paywall. It's not better. The only difference between the PS3 and the PS4 is that you now have to pay to play online unless you only play free to play games. PS4 is the better machine at this point in time. The ONLY thing Xbox One has an advantage in is more launch title exclusives and the media center. Nothing else

#15 Posted by BattleSpectre (5966 posts) -

I think both will give each other plenty of competition which is only good for the consumer. Having said that the only reason I got the Xbox One is for it's exclusives, I couldn't careless about apps etc. I don't do Facebook and all that other junk.

#16 Posted by KHAndAnime (13510 posts) -

If Xbox One were the better console, more people would buy it. The reality is that PS4 is outselling XB1 by a large margin.

#17 Posted by hkymike (2423 posts) -

Not even close IN ALL SERIOUSNESS

Foolllll!!!! lmao

#18 Posted by marcheegsr (2529 posts) -

Your nuts man. No way x1 is better than ps4. But x1 is still good at what it does. (and im only saying that because I love the Forza games)

#19 Edited by freedom01 (617 posts) -

this topic does not belong here, and the points you mentioned on the reasoning the X-1 is better has nothing to do with gaming. And you mentioned Titanfall and Halo...really they are both only FPS, and games are all personal preference. And if it comes to exclusive games, then Sony wins by the long run since they get more exclusives, plus Japan exclusive games.

#20 Posted by sagejonathan (870 posts) -

PS4 is better in nearly every way. XOne has some more applications, different exclusives, and a Kinect that core gamers almost never use or even like. PS4 does everything else better, and I personally think PS has much better exclusives.

#21 Posted by christianRho (24 posts) -
#22 Posted by ewalthour (653 posts) -

I have PS4 and I do believe its a better console than PS3 by far where finally the PSN store actually functions well. I love the controller and the console itself is very well done and quite as a mice.

I do agree IF SONY doesn't use the camera to its fullest and constantly update the software for the playroom, provide a ton of games using the camera then Sony will lose the battle of the best console. Since we are forced to pay to play online then i expect the PSN store to be fully functional and for sony to provide us with the MP3 + CD player capabilities. I also expect that the camera will be able to turn off the mic unlike it can now. I don't have the camera, which i really want but the playroom demo is just not enough to justify buying it. Also I do think the kinect 2 camera is better not by a lot be it definitely has better sound and higher resolution quality. I do think the PS4 camera is on par with the recognition of it user from the online videos I've seen from comparisons of PS4 vs Kinect 2 camera on youtube etc.

SONY BETTER GIVE US OUR MONEYS WORTH ONLINE AND GIVE US A REASON TO BUY THE CAMERA SINCE IT SEEM TO BE MORE OF A SECOND THOUGHT JUST LIKE PS3 CAMERA.

I still stand behind PS4 lineup of games that are exclusives such as Second Son, The order and Uncharted alone are enough for me to want PS4. Halo never did anything for me and Sony has Destiny the same people who made Halo to counteract Halo exclusive to Xbox One. Titan Falls looks fun but not enough for me to want to buy xbox one.

Don't forget the Xbox One has some very bad reviews of their launch games except for Forza which was a strip down version of its prior games with 200 cars vs 600+ cars. Grand Turismo could be coming to PS4 and Driveclub will be here very soon to address driving games as exclusives beside Need for Speed on all consoles.

The only weakness Sony has displayed is the Camera and you can see the potential in what it can do. I don't care about a complete integration into total control of tv programs etc but the CAMERA must have a lot of games very soon to push people to buy it or it will fade into oblivion just like the camera eye did.

#23 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70921 posts) -
#24 Posted by PS4TrumpsXbox1 (1070 posts) -

Sony plays this game of being more powerful every console launch. I remember it well during PS3 launch. It became apparent quickly that both consoles were equally powerful through the games it released.

Now, to Sony's benefit I also remember that games they had during launch or on the horizon were very very compelling. Ratchet and Klank is one of my favorite games and I was mad as hell Xbox didn't have that franchise.

But this time while Sony is playing up the hardware again the launch titles and what is on the horizon for PS4 seems dim. I am not dissing PS4 in any way but to me I think the flood gates are coming and I don't know how Sony is going to be able to compete.

It's not just TitanFall and Halo 5 but the entire app ecosystem that Microsoft is threatening with.

Skype for example. Does everyone realize that instead of being huddled real close to ones laptop now a family of 5 can sit on the living room couch and Skype cousin Joey in San Fran? There is nothing and will be nothing on Sony's PS4 to match this amazing technological reality.

Yea the cable overlay may be kind of stupid but in reality the one guide idea that mixes in Netflix to Skydrive is oh so compelling.

I think the story for Xbox One is going to get stronger and stronger every single year. By the end of this console war I could see Sony perhaps abandoning ship.

of course IMHO.

What are you honest and non-trolling thoughts about the issue - I am interested in what thoughtful comments say about this.

The games at launch may be missing a little but games on the horizon?? Your kidding right? You got Infamous 3, Uncharted 4, The Order 1886, Driveclub Someone said on SW there is Ni No Kuni 2 and a new Tales game in development for Ps4, then you got kingdom hearts 3, FF15 and MGS5(although these three are multiplats). Oh and watchdogs, these are more than enough great games coming in the horizon, your crazy

#25 Edited by MondasM (1233 posts) -

wow, thanks for being not biased and an xbot...

#26 Posted by SpiderLuke (480 posts) -

@christianrho: Xbox seems like a cool toy outside of gaming this time around. I think everything may have flipped now where the exclusives will be great on MS but Sony will definitely excel for 3rd party because development is easier now. Price is huge in today's market also.

#27 Posted by porkchopxp (1153 posts) -

@christianrho: Xbox seems like a cool toy outside of gaming this time around. I think everything may have flipped now where the exclusives will be great on MS but Sony will definitely excel for 3rd party because development is easier now. Price is huge in today's market also.

There is no flip flop, Sony still has a huge stable of exclusives and most certainly plenty of new IP on the horizon.

OP - The reason the true potential of the PS3 never shined over the 360 with regards to 3rd party titles is because 360 was easier to code for so most games were optimized for 360 and the ported over to the PS3. This decision was made by most publishers/devs out of laziness, the difficulty of cell processing and the smaller install base the PS3 early on this gen.

There will be no repeat of this . . .

#28 Posted by gamenerd15 (4438 posts) -

Xbox One can do more applications, but as far as games go, Sony is really strong in that territory right now. The launch lineups are about even on both platforms as of right now. Sony has first and second party exclusives like Uncharted, The Order, Media Molecules new game, and so on. Sony has all 12 of its studios working on PS4 games plus it has third party exclusives such as a new RPG from Level 5, a game from the director of Shadows of the Dammed, and a Yakuza game from Sega. A Ratchet and Clank movie is being made, so I can only assume that Insomniac is also working on a full fledged Ratchet for PS4. Quantic Dream is also working on a PS4 game. As far as Dead Rising and Titanfall being exclusive, that will not matter in the long run. No Dead Rising game has been full time exclusive. Didn't EA say that Mass Effect 1 would never come to PS3. The developers of Titanfall already said that they want the franchise on multiple platforms, so even if Titanfall does not come to PS4, the sequels if any will probably be multiplat.

#29 Edited by MarcRecon (5518 posts) -

of course IMHO.

In all seriousness, shouldn't this be in SW? In all seriousness if your confident in your assumption, why do you care about what PS4 owners think?

#30 Edited by MarcRecon (5518 posts) -

@xeon71 said:

This is a pretty good point...MS and Sony on the surface seem to be in competition, but the reality is that they are going in deferent direction.

#31 Edited by ismart22 (15 posts) -
#32 Posted by gamenerd15 (4438 posts) -

I am not against Microsoft. I just with the company would focus on strengthening its first party studios and actually get full time exclusives for the console outside of Halo, Fable, Rare games, and Forza. I am pretty sure Forza is great for what it is, but I am not into racing sims. Rare has not been that good since Microsoft acquired the company.

#33 Posted by supa_badman (16626 posts) -

I think the biggest mistake anyone can make is to assume that the entire success of a console relies on its launch titles. PS3 sucked at the beginning, there's actually no denying it, but it built up in a strong console that I think surpassed the 360.

It does depend on your preferences though. If you're into things like streaming TV or using a console for skype, then go ahead. Frankly, I got other shit for that kind of stuff. My PS4 is pretty much for games only, I definitely don't need half the things the Xbone offers.

and don't even worry about Titanfall, PS4 is probably likely to pick that one up in the future

#34 Edited by nightshade869 (3457 posts) -

Mods....lock this thread already

#35 Edited by rastotm (1370 posts) -

Microsoft forgot that Sony has a TV division that will intergrate most of the Xbone app features in the next gen TV's. Xbone sales are bound to drop hard within a few years. Furthermore, I believe that Microsoft has underestimated competition coming from internet providers, who are keen on intergrating internet and TV. There will be many high quality mediaboxes in the next few years.

#36 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70921 posts) -

Mods....lock this thread already

i concur, this is not System Wars or the Xbox forum

#37 Posted by TruSake (315 posts) -

I don't think anybody was joking around, so in all seriousness... no.

#38 Posted by christianRho (24 posts) -
@rastotm said:

Microsoft forgot that Sony has a TV division that will intergrate most of the Xbone app features in the next gen TV's. Xbone sales are bound to drop hard within a few years. Furthermore, I believe that Microsoft has underestimated competition coming from internet providers, who are keen on intergrating internet and TV. There will be many high quality mediaboxes in the next few years.

Smart TV from Samsung and even Google TV have failed misserably. Even Apple TV has not had any success. Apps will not be built unless there is an ecosystem driving it. Now the secret is if you build an app for Windows 8.1 you are essentially building an app for Xbox. This will have much more appeal to developers. It makes so much sense. Now, that is not to say that Sony's PS4 won't have a robust ecosystem but in terms of Apple style Ecosystem - AND ONLY IF Microsoft doesn't screw it up - Microsoft could have an amazing ecosystem unmatched by any other console.

Oh and again this conversation has been very enlightening and well mannered. Why would I want to ask a bunch of Xbox people if they feel the Xbox is the better console?

Having a well mannered debate doesn't mean we are having a systems war.

One of the things I learned is that Sony has a lot more exclusives possibly coming out than I had known about or expected. The only exclusive which I liked a lot was Ratchet and Clank. I seriously love that game.

#39 Edited by hkymike (2423 posts) -

This thread is still going?

#40 Edited by StingingVelvet (9 posts) -

I rolled my eyes pretty hard when I saw the thread title, but I give you props for actually presenting decent arguments without too much idiocy.

Titanfall is a sexy title for people who play online, for sure. I don't play online, so it couldn't mean less to me, but around March I am sure that sucker will sell a lot of consoles, especially since the media seem to be fawning over it without fail. After that game though I'm not sure Xbox has the exclusives edge you're implying... Halo is not what it once was, and neither is Fable. What else does Microsoft really have? They might buy something of course, but that's a gamble.

I couldn't care less about media crap.

#41 Posted by SpiderLuke (480 posts) -

@SpiderLuke said:

There is no flip flop, Sony still has a huge stable of exclusives and most certainly plenty of new IP on the horizon.

OP - The reason the true potential of the PS3 never shined over the 360 with regards to 3rd party titles is because 360 was easier to code for so most games were optimized for 360 and the ported over to the PS3. This decision was made by most publishers/devs out of laziness, the difficulty of cell processing and the smaller install base the PS3 early on this gen.

There will be no repeat of this . . .

I agree with all of that. That was the main reason I was talking about. 3rd part games performed better on 360, but now that it is just as easy to develop on PS4 there should be no problems.

#42 Edited by MondasM (1233 posts) -

i do not agree with developers being lazy, but the economics of developing games is another issue...

#43 Edited by The_Last_Ride (70921 posts) -

Anyone saying Sony and PS4 have less exclusives, take another look

i rest my case thank you and good day

#44 Posted by mep69 (1839 posts) -

Titanfall is hardly a reason to buy an xbox. It's on pc aswell and that is where I will buy it.

#45 Posted by cainetao11 (17009 posts) -

In all seriousness, this isn't system wars.

Was thinking the same thing. Years ago, that's why SW was made. To keep opposing fanboys out of dedicated forums.

#46 Posted by dipdish (867 posts) -

Anyone saying Sony and PS4 have less exclusives, take another look

i rest my case thank you and good day

Lovely. = )

#47 Posted by cainetao11 (17009 posts) -

@rastotm said:

Is this before or after cuts to that division?

#48 Edited by MondasM (1233 posts) -

after and after after...

#49 Posted by MarcRecon (5518 posts) -

I think both will give each other plenty of competition which is only good for the consumer. Having said that the only reason I got the Xbox One is for it's exclusives, I couldn't careless about apps etc. I don't do Facebook and all that other junk.

I feel the same way, I've owned both consoles this-gen and I'll do the same next-gen.

#50 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

This thread isn't serious, if you believe that.