Imma Proud new PS3 owner with a couple of questions.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wurdz92130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wurdz92130
Member since 2006 • 42 Posts
1.Can I change the back round color of the menu screen.
2. Are their any tips or tricks that I should now about this Great Piece of Hardware.
3. Are their any accessories that are "must haves"

I will thank you all in advance for the replies....
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
i was wondering about the first question. I assumed that you could do like you could with the psp and make your own background. damn, the kids are going to call us noobs now ;)
Groovay_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Groovay_Dude
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts
Indeed you can change the background colour/interface colour on the psp, im not to sure about the Ps3 however (it should be able to) and to your other questions I dont have a clue: D
bored88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bored88
Member since 2004 • 4978 Posts
1. No, not yet. 2. Just make sure your hooked up to your TV and sound system the best way possible. 3. The memory ard adapter if you are going to play PS2 games.
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts

2. Are their any tips or tricks that I should now about this Great Piece of Hardware.

wurdz92130

1.  Nope, it will change colors a little bit depending on the time of day that you play, (yellow & black seem to be the 2 colors).

2.  Not really.  Just go through all the options first so that you can familiarize yourself with everything because it's not quite as user-friendly as most would hope for.  And also be prepared for the fact that the initial setup of the system can take a solid hour to get through everything, (updates, online, etc).

3.  Not really.  If you have an HDTV then you'll have to get better cables than the composite ones that come with the system.

ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
1. Not yet, but like the PSP, you'lll probably be able to do it with an update coming soon 2. hmmm ripping MP3s, downloading movies online, grabbing photos from flash memory (if you have 60GB), web browsing 3. If you have psone or PS2 games with a memory card save, you'll probably want the memory card adapter... also I got the blu ray remote for when I watch DVDs and Blu ray movies... other than that just the wireless game controller
RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 RahKayne
Member since 2003 • 3436 Posts

wurdz92130

the background color changes with the time of day.  (and months have different colors)

if you have any video problems turn off your PS3 (well put it on standby by pressing  I/O on the front)  and then press and hold for 6-10 secs and it should reset it's video settings

nice touch on/off buttons and eject button

you don't have to turn it off in the back

You can change your user ID (not the PSN name YET) icon

Plantronics Explorer or Jabra's or other plantronics Bluetooth headsets work great on PS3.  (Plantronics Explorer only 22.99 on newegg.com  and is awesome)

Swap out the harddrive and get a bigger one if you want (instructions in manual)
wurdz92130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wurdz92130
I got A hdmi cable and RFOM. I want to get a game me and the wifey can play co-op in. RFOM is co-op but i think she would like maybe untold legends, Her and I beat Dark Alliance.
wurdz92130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wurdz92130
I use the Plantronis 640 with my pearl. I think this will pair with the ps3 also...
The touch button is great.
What got me was the weight of this beast, but it does have the brick inside....
gamefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 gamefan
Member since 2002 • 363 Posts

wurdz92130

1. Not yet.
2. You get the very best picture if you have a 40" plus 1080p HDTV.
3. If you play ps2 games, get a ps2/ps3 memory card adapter and maybe a bluetooth headset for wireless online games that have voice chat. I recommend Sony Ericsson HBH-GV435 bluetooth headset for the job. It'll be the last you'll need for a long time.

trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts
to have hdtv
Yankee_In_TX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Yankee_In_TX
Member since 2007 • 732 Posts

wurdz92130
BEST tips that should be in a sticky: 1. If you frequently change TVs (with different outputs), you can hold down the power button (when the system is off) and it will boot ina default mode, allowing you to go in and change your settings. (for example, I swap b/t my SDTV and my buddies HDTV, before we knew this we had to make sure to turn HDMI off before I left his house). 2. Holding down the PS3 button on the controller: allows you to quit a game and/or turn the system off.
steelzero009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 steelzero009
Member since 2003 • 39 Posts
1. not rite now but therz a major firmwire update in march so it will be included. and da background change color day/night/month

2. ripping MP3s , photos from flash memory (60GB), listen to music while web browsing, u can also install Linux. u can use ur own avatar ect............

3. memory card adapter if u want to transfer ps2 saves games, bluetooth headset, controller adapter for ur ps2 games since da sixaxis dont have rumble and also if u want to play guitar hero on ur ps3. and ya ur hard drive is upgradeable

Â