IGN reviews Soul Sacrifice

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

saw this coming a mile away:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/30/soul-sacrifice-review

for the lazy, it received a 7.7

most of the review was fairly positive, but the reviewer clearly states that the game, while fun to play, gets very repetitive and feels content light.

not the killer app people where hoping for.... why people thought that after playing the demo, which clearly shows the game as repititve with environments and enemies constantly reused, is beyond me. 

incoming 7.0 from gamespot (less then i predicted even).

unfortunately, as much as i like my VITA, if this is what we can expect from such a heavily promoted game that basically had Sony's full backing..... i am giving up on the system.

Hoznary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Hoznary
Member since 2006 • 539 Posts
So the only good games for you are 10/10? 9/10, 8/10 but a seven is a nooo nooo :(
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I know it's not a killer-app, Geminon.  And I'm okay with that.  I still think it will be a fun game, so I am getting it.  If you don't like that, just stop talking about the game?

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

Who cares what reviews say?  Reviews also said that Tales of Graces was kind of lackluster, but I thought it was a rather awesome game.  High 7's is not bad.  People also have to remember that numbers really do not mean anything.  Two reviews could read the same way, but the scores could be different.  One review could give X game a 9 out of 10 and read the same way as a review giving the game a lesser score.  If you are interested in a game, then get it. 

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
unfortunately, as much as i like my VITA, if this is what we can expect from such a heavily promoted game that basically had Sony's full backing..... i am giving up on the system.Geminon
Then do it and stop complaining here.
CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts
I could care less about a review. Although I do like to read other people's opinion. I really enjoyed the demo and just picked up my copy.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i'd like to see the gamespot review..

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
It's a shame but it is still a fun game and I can imagine the sequel doing better. But I would be nice to see Sony get some goty material on this handheld. They need to bring in their best developers to get this system off the ground, but too bad they are all working on ps4 games... At least we have Tearaway.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

So you let other people dictate the amount of fun you can have with your own stuff?

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

People should actually try playing the game and not listening to reviews.  The only bad thing I heard about the game is that the missions are repetitive.  Then again, this game feels like a multiplayer game at heart anyway, so I do not really see that as a bad thing in this case.  People are always complaing about how the Vita does not have any games that can be played in short bursts.  Soul Sacrifice seems to fill that void.  The title is not supposed to be played for hours at a time.  In other words, no matter what kind of game is put the Vita, the system will always be bashed.      

lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts

I think SS is a very fun game. But i have yet to try to play with some friends to feel the real CO-OP action behind this game. But otherwise it's fun.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

i'd like to see the gamespot review..

KBFloYd

They probably woke up today saw other sites had Reviews and remembered they haven't written their review yet.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

And Gamestop and many other sites also hated the Monster Hunter games on the PSP.  Yes, the games are quite different, but it just goes to show a score isn't all there is to a game.  If you don't like the game then fine, there are a lot of hyped games I have not liked (such as GTA IV and RDR, and they were highly scored in reviews). 

I can see myself playing Soul Sacrifice for a while, especially since there is a good variety in terms of length for the missions.  I won't pretend like the game doesn't have problems, but it's definitely not an awful game at all.

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

Its so amusing that a game gets a 7.7 and its a bad thing...

RollinKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RollinKaos
Member since 2013 • 83 Posts
Haven't picked up my copy yet. I keep trying to get the store but something keeps coming up. I dont want to download it so I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow
foxfacer2d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 foxfacer2d2
Member since 2010 • 570 Posts

buying games based on a websites review score is delusional

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

foxfacer2d2
you are delusional if you think review scores dont influence consumer buying habits.
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts

I wonder how long he will keep this up. Probably until the end of this year.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#19 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

foxfacer2d2

Did you think about what you just said? Obviously, buying games based solely on the score is pretty mindless(but you would certainly be guaranteed a certain level of polish). It does represent a more or less quantitative value of the reviewer's opinion on the game. It's delusional to ignore it.

That said, a 7/10 is a very respectable score. Some games are worth playing even if they're more flawed than the latest 9/10 title.

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
How is 7.7 bad again?