IF YOUR EXCITED FOR OBLIVION too heres some great news

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ps3_forsure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ps3_forsure
Member since 2006 • 442 Posts
http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps3/game/features/article.jsp?articleId=20070214154134589045§ionId=1003&releaseId=20060726163237511007

there ya go
crippledjungle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 crippledjungle
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts
my interest in this game grows more and more everyday...
and i'm needing to invest a game that will keep me busy for quite some time...not a few days to a week...
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 T-Zone
Member since 2003 • 4525 Posts
Wow, that's Good news...for those who actually care about this game...
gruoch1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gruoch1
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
Thanks for the link! I can't wait for this game!
caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts
Nice to hear the memory issues are going to finally be laid to rest.
Blitz1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Blitz1130
Member since 2006 • 364 Posts

Nice to hear the memory issues are going to finally be laid to rest.caseystryker

The Memory Issue was refferd for DLC loading in to the world like the expansion Shivering Isles loading would heavaly stunt the performance and they are still trying to figure out a way to solve this problem

Gamerzone23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Gamerzone23
Member since 2006 • 497 Posts
I hope here in Ohio we won't have a line. LOL.
Ngon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ngon
Member since 2004 • 2782 Posts
the last part is the best one... lol fanboys/haters you've been pwnz!
firebreathing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 firebreathing
Member since 2005 • 4619 Posts
You see SOME people don't want to blow that much money on a console just because sony decided to use Blu-ray **** That and the fact that more and more games are being made for the 360 that were just for the PS3. That comment really speaks for your true character, and I feel sorry for you. Oh, and, i'm not a fanboy because I have: ps2, gamecube, xbox360 and a pc I don't really see what you guys see in this game, but w/e.
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
You see SOME people don't want to blow that much money on a console just because sony decided to use Blu-ray **** That and the fact that more and more games are being made for the 360 that were just for the PS3. That comment really speaks for your true character, and I feel sorry for you. Oh, and, i'm not a fanboy because I have: ps2, gamecube, xbox360 and a pc I don't really see what you guys see in this game, but w/e. firebreathing
yeah, you're not a fanboy AT ALL, are you? not ONE BIT. LOL. It's ok, it's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's NOT your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault.
xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

[QUOTE="caseystryker"]Nice to hear the memory issues are going to finally be laid to rest.Blitz1130

The Memory Issue was refferd for DLC loading in to the world like the expansion Shivering Isles loading would heavaly stunt the performance and they are still trying to figure out a way to solve this problem

please read the ariticle u noob
also ign already confirmed memory had nothing to do with it this just further backs up ign

RabbidDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 RabbidDawg
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts
[QUOTE="Blitz1130"]

[QUOTE="caseystryker"]Nice to hear the memory issues are going to finally be laid to rest.xxgunslingerxx

The Memory Issue was refferd for DLC loading in to the world like the expansion Shivering Isles loading would heavaly stunt the performance and they are still trying to figure out a way to solve this problem

also ign already confirmed memory had nothing to do with it this just further backs up ign

Said it before I could lol. I cant wait to see the vid tomorrow. Id like to know why we dont get the downloadable content now and may have to wait for it. Most likely trouble with the PSN maybe? Im glad 1up.com was wrong about the problem being the RAM.
Avatar image for speedjunkie1992
speedjunkie1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 speedjunkie1992
Member since 2006 • 1395 Posts
I hope i manage to pick up the game on launch because im really pumped for this game and iv yet to play it.
Kamikaze_Psn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kamikaze_Psn
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
thnkx for the post mate .. iam REALLY looking forward to this game .. had it on my 360 .. but well i sold my 360 with this game .. it wasnt really good on the 360 .. anyway i think tht this would be awesome on my ps3 ..specially playing it on my hdtv 
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts
Yeah I'm stoked about this game as well I can't wait to play this game and roam around for hours. And the reason they didn't add all the extra down loadable content was that Bethesda thought it might confuse people who just started to play the game to have access to the wizards tower or thief's den. or something along those line.
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
positive statements by the media still feel weird :P I'll be getting Oblivion although I played it on the PC and the shorter loading times seal the deal.
EMERlCa6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 EMERlCa6969
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts
Having all the consoles doesn't necessarily mean your not a fanboy.  I owned all three consoles last gen.  I absolutley hated gamecube and PS2, other than a few exclusives.  Currently I am upset with my 360 more than my PS3.  Resistance and FN3 are holding me over.  My point is that even though you own all three.  One of them is your favorite, we are all biased towards one more than the other.  We might as well all admit to fanboyism, because we all are fans of one over the other.  The term fanboy should just be destroyed, and we should all learn to have a normal discussion.  Not through around negative terms all the time.  Discuss, don't bicker.
willz822

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 willz822
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts
Having all the consoles doesn't necessarily mean your not a fanboy.  I owned all three consoles last gen.  I absolutley hated gamecube and PS2, other than a few exclusives.  Currently I am upset with my 360 more than my PS3.  Resistance and FN3 are holding me over.  My point is that even though you own all three.  One of them is your favorite, we are all biased towards one more than the other.  We might as well all admit to fanboyism, because we all are fans of one over the other.  The term fanboy should just be destroyed, and we should all learn to have a normal discussion.  Not through around negative terms all the time.  Discuss, don't bicker.EMERlCa6969
Couldn't agree with you more. It's refreshing to see that there are still some sensible members on these forums.
DPS3150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DPS3150
Member since 2006 • 70 Posts
I can't wait for this game. I already beat it on the 360 and I still want to play through it again. I did just about everything on the 360 version as a Dark Elf and now i want to try and beat it with another race. This game alone will keep me busy for a few months and this is exactly what the PS3 needs.
Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts

[QUOTE="firebreathing"] You see SOME people don't want to blow that much money on a console just because sony decided to use Blu-ray **** That and the fact that more and more games are being made for the 360 that were just for the PS3. That comment really speaks for your true character, and I feel sorry for you. Oh, and, i'm not a fanboy because I have: ps2, gamecube, xbox360 and a pc I don't really see what you guys see in this game, but w/e. 0rin
yeah, you're not a fanboy AT ALL, are you? not ONE BIT. LOL. It's ok, it's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's NOT your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault.

That is pretty funny...........

creekfan_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 creekfan_basic
Member since 2002 • 2539 Posts

thnkx for the post mate .. iam REALLY looking forward to this game .. had it on my 360 .. but well i sold my 360 with this game .. it wasnt really good on the 360 .. anyway i think tht this would be awesome on my ps3 ..specially playing it on my hdtv Kamikaze_Psn

I hate to break it to you, but short of a few visual upgrades and some faster load times its the same game.....

blitzinger123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blitzinger123
Member since 2005 • 2370 Posts
AWESOME! But how will they incorporate the sixaxis?
blitzinger123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blitzinger123
Member since 2005 • 2370 Posts

[QUOTE="Kamikaze_Psn"]thnkx for the post mate .. iam REALLY looking forward to this game .. had it on my 360 .. but well i sold my 360 with this game .. it wasnt really good on the 360 .. anyway i think tht this would be awesome on my ps3 ..specially playing it on my hdtv creekfan_basic

I hate to break it to you, but short of a few visual upgrades and some faster load times its the same game.....

actually it already comes with an expansion. One that you paid $4.83 more for that we get for free! Wow!
VonGak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 VonGak
Member since 2003 • 15399 Posts

[QUOTE="Kamikaze_Psn"]thnkx for the post mate .. iam REALLY looking forward to this game .. had it on my 360 .. but well i sold my 360 with this game .. it wasnt really good on the 360 .. anyway i think tht this would be awesome on my ps3 ..specially playing it on my hdtv creekfan_basic

Missed you back when this board was flooded in silly threads about the PS3 version going to have longer loading times and worse graphics. Why didn't you tell people that loading times and graphics are without importance back then? BTW, you forgot draw distance. :)
LoboSolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LoboSolo
Member since 2002 • 1136 Posts
I am really looking forward to this game. I didn't play it on my 360, so it'll be a freshn treat for me.
cmpepper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 cmpepper23
Member since 2005 • 3281 Posts
I can't wait for this game. I started it on my 360, but the lag just pissed me off so I stop playing it. It was still fun though, so I can't wait to see and play it on my PS3.
walton13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 walton13
Member since 2005 • 2171 Posts
NICE, Bumping it up!
ajthelegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ajthelegend
Member since 2003 • 418 Posts

This game is going to be great, guess I will have to take a break from the burning crusade hehe.....

Lt_J_Dangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lt_J_Dangle
Member since 2003 • 533 Posts
Now I am buying this for sure.
gamer2damax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gamer2damax
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts
Well I'm glad to hear that The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is working out so nicely. I was excited even before the mention of memory not being the issue, now I'm more excited than ever to buy this game. Yes, I know it's technically the same game as the Xbox360 but to be frank it's the only 360 game that had attracted me (other than Bioshock) so it should fit my PS3 collection nicely.
JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts
Hey that's really good news.  Thank you.  I think I will be getting this game after all.  It just sounds better to me everytime I read about it. 
davez82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 davez82
Member since 2003 • 1864 Posts
wow game looks great.. draw distance and grass draw distance is better than on my PC!  and shadows!
zhuojloh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 zhuojloh
Member since 2004 • 1796 Posts
very cool indeed :D looking forward to this games as well.
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts
[QUOTE="Blitz1130"]

[QUOTE="caseystryker"]Nice to hear the memory issues are going to finally be laid to rest.xxgunslingerxx

The Memory Issue was refferd for DLC loading in to the world like the expansion Shivering Isles loading would heavaly stunt the performance and they are still trying to figure out a way to solve this problem

LMAO. Wasn't it obvious that the whole RAM rumor was all a pile of BS? Anyone that knows about hardware at all(or if you're a PC gamer) would know it was clearly a lie.
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#35 Xanog1
Member since 2004 • 12332 Posts

Well, most of the advantages I already knew about, or don't matter much to me (for example, the difference in price, and the slimmer-looking characters).

However, it is nice to see some screens with the Playstation face-buttons showing, just to further show that they are from the PS3 version.

As for the loading times, I am very glad to hear that they are shorter, and even though 5GB seems like a lot to have a game pre-loaded, I've got a 60GB hard drive to handle that.

I just hope that pre-installing the game onto the hard drive doesn't take too long.

rahzel54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rahzel54
Member since 2004 • 1732 Posts
the video was posted in the video section. the interviewer asks when 360 owners can expect the visual upgrades that ps3 got, and he said that visual upgrades is kind of an overstatement and that most of the visual upgrades that the ps3 got are exclusive to the ps3; theres maybe 1 or 2 things that the 360 can do.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

Shows what the power of the PS3 can do when Devs actually work on it rather than port.

six_shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 six_shot
Member since 2007 • 1388 Posts
sweet...great find
-L-U-I-S-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#39 -L-U-I-S-
Member since 2006 • 3665 Posts
the last part is the best one... lol fanboys/haters you've been pwnz!Ngon
True :P
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts
[QUOTE="rahzel54"]the video was posted in the video section. the interviewer asks when 360 owners can expect the visual upgrades that ps3 got, and he said that visual upgrades is kind of an overstatement and that most of the visual upgrades that the ps3 got are exclusive to the ps3; theres maybe 1 or 2 things that the 360 can do.

the natural high res textures on the PS3 version is exclusive to that platform. It's the LOD issues that were fixed in the PS3 version that they are bringing over to the 360 version in the form of a patch.
steve_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 steve_89
Member since 2006 • 790 Posts
the landscape looks so much better on the ps3! this is a must buy for me!
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
How many hours of gameplay is Oblivion btw?
KOOLmutHa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KOOLmutHa
Member since 2006 • 61 Posts
OMG!!!! this game looks great!  bethseda did a great job in the graphics department, i didn't think it would look that much better than the 360 version.  that warrior in the white clothes looks awesome.
VonGak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 VonGak
Member since 2003 • 15399 Posts

Well, most of the advantages I already knew about, or don't matter much to me (for example, the difference in price, and the slimmer-looking characters).

However, it is nice to see some screens with the Playstation face-buttons showing, just to further show that they are from the PS3 version.

As for the loading times, I am very glad to hear that they are shorter, and even though 5GB seems like a lot to have a game pre-loaded, I've got a 60GB hard drive to handle that.

I just hope that pre-installing the game onto the hard drive doesn't take too long.

Xanog1
((5*1024MB)/9MB/s)/60=~10min to install if it's 5GB. Anyway, it does make one wonder if that self proclaimed Sony insider was legit. After all he did say that games loaded instantly and that Oblivion had better texures in the PS3 version (he just didn't know how it was done).
Delsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Delsage
Member since 2004 • 3355 Posts
[QUOTE="xxgunslingerxx"][QUOTE="Blitz1130"]

[QUOTE="caseystryker"]Nice to hear the memory issues are going to finally be laid to rest.onemic

LMAO. Wasn't it obvious that the whole RAM rumor was all a pile of BS? Anyone that knows about hardware at all(or if you're a PC gamer) would know it was clearly a lie.

Agreed, it did not add up at all. I am just glad that IGN was the first to clear up that memory lie, but this will just add fuel to the fire (On a side note I think this just proves that 1up is extremely biased no if's, and's or buts!).

As for Oblivion goes, now I am definitely getting this game for the PS3. I just hope that it scores better on Gamespot or I will stop being linear on them too.

*If you haven't noticed I am sick of the lies!
stinkeyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 stinkeyb
Member since 2005 • 713 Posts
nice find. all devs needed was time to understand the PS3's hardware
rahzel54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rahzel54
Member since 2004 • 1732 Posts
[QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="xxgunslingerxx"][QUOTE="Blitz1130"]

[QUOTE="caseystryker"]Nice to hear the memory issues are going to finally be laid to rest.Delsage

Agreed, it did not add up at all. I am just glad that IGN was the first to clear up that memory lie, but this will just add fuel to the fire (On a side note I think this just proves that 1up is extremely biased no if's, and's or buts!).

As for Oblivion goes, now I am definitely getting this game for the PS3. I just hope that it scores better on Gamespot or I will stop being linear on them too.

*If you haven't noticed I am sick of the lies!

you can expect them to give it a lower score despite the upgrades. i also found this interview: http://spong.com/feature/10109516
Master__Shake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Master__Shake
Member since 2002 • 6214 Posts
[QUOTE="creekfan_basic"]

[QUOTE="Kamikaze_Psn"]thnkx for the post mate .. iam REALLY looking forward to this game .. had it on my 360 .. but well i sold my 360 with this game .. it wasnt really good on the 360 .. anyway i think tht this would be awesome on my ps3 ..specially playing it on my hdtv blitzinger123

actually it already comes with an expansion. One that you paid $4.83 more for that we get for free! Wow!

well I didn't pay for it, no achievement points. Plus it was more of a questline than an expansion. The REAL expansion comes to 360 when ps3 gets the original game 360 had a year ago. Then some time late this year ps3 gets the expansion.
Master__Shake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Master__Shake
the landscape looks so much better on the ps3! this is a must buy for me! steve_89
Looks freaking identical to me except for a shift in the lighting in that comparison, so sublte it's not noticable in most of the side by side shots.
Master__Shake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Master__Shake
the landscape looks so much better on the ps3! this is a must buy for me! steve_89
Looks freaking identical to me except for a shift in the lighting in that comparison, so sublte it's not noticable in most of the side by side shots.