If you could only play one game forever

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

what game would it be?

For me it would be either Skyrim or Fallout New Vegas, probably New Vegas because i like the post apocalyptic atmosphere. I would've said Fallout 3 but NV has generally more stuff to do.

#2 Posted by marcheegsr (2832 posts) -

Mass effect 2. Fallout 3 is a good choice though. Both long games with high replay value.

#3 Posted by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

@marcheegsr said:

Mass effect 2. Fallout 3 is a good choice though. Both long games with high replay value.

I suspect most of the games will be RPGs or similar to.

#4 Edited by AvatarMan96 (7324 posts) -

Tetris. That game really is the definition on infinite.

#5 Edited by heguain (666 posts) -

Hmm...W2?...ME2?..DXHR?..HL2?..RE4?..AC2?..BioInfinite?..Crysis1?.. Portal 2?..FONV?..DAO?.. :/

Not sure :D

#6 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

Final Fantasy X.

#8 Posted by Dog (37 posts) -

Either Black Ops 2 or Battlefield 3 (Multiplayer, obviously). Those type of games never grow old.

#9 Posted by iampenguin (223 posts) -

Firstly I get bored very quickly too quickly to ever stick to one game, but hypothetically, GTAV.

#10 Posted by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

@dog said:

Either Black Ops 2 or Battlefield 3 (Multiplayer, obviously). Those type of games never grow old.

And you can reset your account in BO2 so i see your point.

#11 Posted by drekula2 (1945 posts) -

Advance Wars Dual Strike, Portal 2 or Team Fortress 2. It's a close call, really.

#12 Edited by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

@drekula2 said:

Advance Wars Dual Strike, Portal 2 or Team Fortress 2. It's a close call, really.

Portal 2 really? I mean it looks like a good game, but FOREVER?

#13 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6205 posts) -

That's easy... Half Life 2.

#14 Posted by sukraj (23032 posts) -

GTA V or Far Cry 3

#15 Posted by drekula2 (1945 posts) -

@CyberLips said:

@drekula2 said:

Keep in mind that the PC version has an extensive (yet easy to use) level editor. And a whole community with thousands of shared maps.

#16 Posted by Terrencec06 (3552 posts) -

Just give me a Socom game and I'm good.

#17 Posted by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

@drekula2 said:

@CyberLips said:

@drekula2 said:

Keep in mind that the PC version has an extensive (yet easy to use) level editor. And a whole community with thousands of shared maps.

wow i didn't know that, it sounds really cool! :P

#18 Posted by 187umKILLAH (1345 posts) -

Skyrim.

#19 Posted by CTR360 (7102 posts) -

last of us GTA V skyrim dark souls shenmue

#20 Edited by sukraj (23032 posts) -

@CTR360 said:

last of us GTA V skyrim dark souls shenmue

Nice list ogf games imo.

#21 Posted by chocolate1325 (32539 posts) -

Playstation Game Uncharted 3 for multiplayer Uncharted 2 for Single Player

Non Playstation Any Street Fighter game

#22 Posted by Danyawesomsauce (105 posts) -

Fallout 3.

#23 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

Probably an MMO. GW2 or FFIV:ARR.

#24 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

or TF2....

#25 Posted by Blueresident87 (5339 posts) -

Fallout 3

But I thought about choosing Earthbound. It would be a tough choice between the 2 for me.

#26 Edited by sagejonathan (870 posts) -

Probably Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Fighting game fanatic over here.

#27 Posted by RiKanKiDD (1058 posts) -

GTA V Online.It lasts forever and it doesnt end. So Shabam.

#28 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@starwarsjunky said:

or TF2....

I was gonna say a CoD game or something, but i completely forgot about this.

TF2 is my answer.

#29 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@Trail_Mix said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@starwarsjunky said:

or TF2....

I was gonna say a CoD game or something, but i completely forgot about this.

TF2 is my answer.

especially if they keep updating it every so often!

#30 Posted by Whiteblade999 (5537 posts) -

I would quit gaming before I stuck with one game forever because I don't have the patience to stick with one for very long.

#31 Posted by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

@Whiteblade999 said:

I would quit gaming before I stuck with one game forever because I don't have the patience to stick with one for very long.

It's a hypothetical question. :P

#32 Posted by Tqricardinho (341 posts) -

You guys are choosing games with an ending? I'll choose FIFA. I have fun playing alone and with friends, and the game is always renewing itself every year, even if they would only renew the rosters it would be fun.

You guys choosing games like Fallout and Mass Effect... what would you do when you have aced the game? Play it over again? And then repeat the same process over and over again?

#33 Edited by lensflare15 (6182 posts) -

Probably Fallout 3 or Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3.

#34 Posted by SKaREO (3161 posts) -

GTA Online

#35 Posted by phoenix5352 (60 posts) -

its hard to decide because I have played hundreds of games but I think I might go for mgs 4 , I have already played it for about 70 times

#36 Edited by BetaVulgaris (34 posts) -

Probably an arcade game or at least a game that is meant to be played over and over again. I don't plan to stop playing games any time soon so even games like Fallout and Skyrim would eventually get boring.

I'd say Tetris, Pac-Man or Hatoful Boyfriend.

#37 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72260 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 or Final Fantasy X

#38 Posted by SpiderLuke (523 posts) -

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

#39 Posted by sorata (31 posts) -

Kingdom Hearts. They keep popping up with new ones. heh

#40 Posted by Threesixtyci (4287 posts) -

I wouldn't be into video games.

#41 Edited by DaRq_MiNoS (566 posts) -

For PS3, I would say Dark Souls as that's the game I've played the most this gen.

For any platform all-time, I'd say either Age of Kings or Civilization for PC.

#42 Posted by Coolyfett (5085 posts) -

For Coolyfett would most likely be the next Star Wars Battlefront game for Playstation 4, featuring every planet from Ep1-6 & new weapons, vehicles and hero characters.

#43 Posted by Wallyh08 (535 posts) -

BF4 here. I've played each game religiously from the start (BF 1942 on the PC). Love how although the maps are the same, each game (for me at least) is different and has unique memorable bits within it. Can't wait for it to come on the PS4, just know I will love it!

Other than that i'd probably go with the FIFA series since although stressful at times, it's a nice game to hop online and have a fast 15 min match on. Having said that, all this ultimate team focus is starting to ruin the game for me a little :/

#44 Posted by Ortadragoon (195 posts) -

Hard to say. I would say Skyrim: Complete Edition, but that type of game eventually gets boring even for guys like me who live off of them.

Honestly, I'd probably pick a game like the original NES version of Tetris (my favorite version), or Pac-Man, or a classic arcade game that is very, VERY difficult to master. Possibly Forza Motorsport if I had another Xbox, since there is a lot to do in those games and they never really end; not really in sports games but I love racers.

On games with endings, it would have to be Super Metroid, which I consider to be in the top 3 best games ever made. You can replay that game again, and again, and again and it never gets old. There is always some fun in finding a more efficient way to run through the game, or taking out bosses faster, or challenging yourself with a low item run.

Matter of fact, now that I'm basically done with Grand Theft Auto V I'm gonna dig Super Metroid back out.

#45 Posted by JannettyTRocker (1160 posts) -

The Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion......Love this game, never gets old.

#46 Edited by darkghost75 (1584 posts) -

final fantasy 6 or a baseball game

#47 Posted by ewalthour (763 posts) -

Uncharted 3 online and socom series, first metal gear game in us with white cover.

#48 Posted by MondasM (1266 posts) -

forever contradicts with my definition of time... :P

#49 Posted by I_Am_Dominic (13 posts) -

I would say at this moment in time, because my friends live a 5 stone throws away, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 or FIFA - never gets boring.

Not having friends, funny enough, I would choose a role-playing game: Fallout: New Vegas; The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Legendary Edition) with exception to GTA or the latter...

#50 Posted by _Judas_ (750 posts) -

Probably FIFA