I have had to reload Skyrim 5 times in an hour now due to glitches

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XxRefereexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 XxRefereexX
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

The glitches and problems really seems to get worse the farther you get in to this game. I'm about 50 hours in now and it has become 100 times worse than in the beginning of the game where the glitches were small and not really affecting the game for me.

First off I decided to cleanse my wolf spirit since I gre tired of being a werewolf, cleansed it with the witches head and all that, killed my wolf spirit BUT the game still counts me as a werewolf after I've done this... had to go back to a save well over an hour back.

Next I got a quest to fetch an elven hammer that wasn't there... reload

Took the same quest again, this time the enemies in the area glitched out... they became all transparent and I couldn't hit them but they could hit me

Reloaded again and thought "to hell with it, I'll do something else" went to the skyforge to Eorlund to pay him to train me in smithing... Eorlund wasn't there.

After searching all over the place and speaking to his wife it seems that he is dead... He has just died... Googled it to see if there's like a world event for that to happen but found nothing.... so AGAIN I have to reload to a previous save.

Decided to clear out a Dwarven ruin with Aela now... all went fine until I came to a passage that required me to swim only to find out that Aela now have engaged an npc in an under water "staring fight" where none o them lose health... so she's basically stuck there with me not being able to use her again or access the loot I've given her along with some kickass gear and enchantments.

All I can say right now is ******* you Bethesda, I am severely pissed off

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ShangTsung17
Member since 2011 • 839 Posts

wow.. thanks for sharing this information as u set in stone my decision NOT to buy this game as i was considering, yea i heard oblivion was guilty of the same kinda glitch bs... come to think of it, this is becoming a real problem with these elder scroll games, they really need to look into fixing these problems..

RetroGamerJoey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RetroGamerJoey
Member since 2011 • 30 Posts
I have had so many problems as well as the ones you have mentioned mine kept crashing after every quest until the patches come out to fix this its not a good buy to be fair
tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
Wow this sounds pretty bad, Im actually afraid to carry on playing... Its an AWESOME game indeed but damn these glitches... Why dont they just push the release date a month or two?! And the worst thing is the game is getting perfect scores and not many reviews actually mention these "details". Shame on media.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#5 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Yeah I had absolutely no problems with it the first 10-20 hours. Now that I'm further into the game and have a significant amount of things discovered/unlocked the game runs like crap. There are some frame rate issues, lag input, and I can't navigate the menu without waiting for a minute or two of the menu popping up. "Well I need to equip a different sword, better go make a sandwich while I wait"

RetroGamerJoey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RetroGamerJoey

Yeah I had absolutely no problems with it the first 10-20 hours. Now that I'm further into the game and have a significant amount of things discovered/unlocked the game runs like crap. There are some frame rate issues, lag input, and I can't navigate the menu without waiting for a minute or two of the menu popping up. "Well I need to equip a different sword, better go make a sandwich while I wait"

IndianaPwns39
Wow now that is a bad problem the game really needs some patches to fix this problem otherwise it will put people off purchasing the game which would be a shame as it is a great game
Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts

Are all versions like this or just the PS3? as far as anyone knows?

tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts

IndianaPwns39
No. Freaking. Way. I cant stand framerate issues and if half of what you just wrote is true, I would not even continue playing.
RetroGamerJoey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RetroGamerJoey

Prince_Denspion
I have experienced quite a few problems on the pc version too so it has to be the game in general
Artof_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Artof_War
Member since 2009 • 791 Posts

No problems here. It doesn't seem to be everyone.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

[QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

tommyas

No. Freaking. Way. I cant stand framerate issues and if half of what you just wrote is true, I would not even continue playing.

Haha just the other day I defended the game as running fine, especially by Bethesda's standards. I put a significant amount of time into it the past couple days and the issues are getting noticeably worse.

I'm actually putting the game on pause. I enjoy it a lot but I'm going to wait for that patch Bethesda is talking about before moving on. Might as well play Assassin's Creed :P

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

Prince_Denspion

All the versions have glitches although anecdotal reports would indicate that the PS3 version is the worst (which is sort of a trend with Bethesda ports), especially with late-game slowdown and weird bugs.

Interesting if slightly poorly written editorial on the subject.

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

Hmm, it only froze on me once, and this was earlier in the game, and I'm roughly 70 hours in. Turn off auto-save, and manually save the game often. It's worked for me so far.

MuskyFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 MuskyFox
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Hmm, interesting. I've not had any issues with things not showing up, or any odd glitches like that. However, I have had a few freezes at random times, but I mean, it's a bethesda game, right? I had the same issues with both Fallout games. Still, it's crappy that's happened.
ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ShangTsung17

will NEVER buy glitch scrolls 4 skyrim. :evil: game designers these days are starting to act like they enjoy purposely pissing us off.. its all about money, long as we pay up they could care less how broken the game is upon release..

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

will NEVER buy glitch scrolls 4 skyrim. :evil: game designers these days are starting to act like they enjoy purposely pissing us off.. its all about money, long as we pay up they could care less how broken the game is upon release..

ShangTsung17
Well you're missing out on a great game. Sucks to be you :P
Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts
I started it last night and pulled an all nighter, about 3 hours in I walked into a building and while loading my system completely froze to where I had to unplug it from the wall. After that the only problems I really had were freezes/delays when walking in or out of buildings but they would last up to 20 seconds. The game seems as though it could be a decent game but Im without a doubt putting it on the shelf until some fixes come out.
ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ShangTsung17

[QUOTE="ShangTsung17"]

DarthJohnova

dude i got batman arkham city, i'll be fine.. :lol:

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DarthJohnova

[QUOTE="DarthJohnova"][QUOTE="ShangTsung17"]

ShangTsung17

dude i got batman arkham city, i'll be fine.. :lol:

Fair play, I'm thinking of getting that when it's cheaper.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

[QUOTE="ShangTsung17"]

DarthJohnova

Sucks to be anyone who bought Skyrim on the PS3. Sure the content and gameplay might be great, but what does it matter if the game is a technical disaster? That's what Skyrim is.

Worst part is I don't even know if this is patchable.

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DarthJohnova

Vari3ty

Sucks to be anyone who bought Skyrim on the PS3. Sure the content and gameplay might be great, but what does it matter if the game is a technical disaster? That's what Skyrim is.

It really isn't that bad, people are just getting really emotional. I've always been a very big critic of Bethesda for bugs/glitches but I think Skyrim's been okay in comparison to some of their past titles. The problems I've had is one flying mammoth and an occasional frame-rate dip. The frame-rate dip is pretty annoying but it's being patched soon. Meh, i'm enjoying myself so IDC.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Vari3ty

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

[QUOTE="DarthJohnova"] Well you're missing out on a great game. Sucks to be you :PDarthJohnova

It really isn't that bad, people are just getting really emotional. I've always been a very big critic of Bethesda for bugs/glitches but I think Skyrim's been okay in comparison to some of their past titles. The problems I've had is one flying mammoth and an occasional frame-rate dip. The frame-rate dip is pretty annoying but it's being patched soon. Meh, i'm enjoying myself so IDC.

Glad you're enjoying it, but to me the problems are clear enough. I think this video shows just how bad it can get. Sorry I can't link, Gamespot still is broken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Cz9zefTW4&feature=player_embedded

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#23 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/16/bethesda-working-on-patch-for-skyrim-glitches-asks-fans-to-be-patient/

From the looks of things, Bethesda isn't gonna leave the PS3 version hangin.

I've had very few problems with Skyrim so far, it froze on me once, and the occasional framerate drops, but it's been good to me *knocks on wood*

I think people are blowing it out of proportion, tbh.

*GS isn't letting me link....again.* :(

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Glitches are part of the game mechanics of Bethesda titles. Everybody knows that.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Vari3ty

Glitches are part of the game mechanics of Bethesda titles. Everybody knows that.

Gxgear

I agree, except that in this case it has been taken to a whole new level.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#26 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
It's like Fallout all over again ...
ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ShangTsung17

Vari3ty

this... my point exactely. it doesn't matter how cool or fun some sequences are or look if the game in its entirety is broken beyond beleaf..

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ShangTsung17

Gxgear

oh c'mon man! don't just settle like that bro.. thats why game companies get away with sh!t like this in the first place, cause most consumers like you just suck it up as a loss, which is understandable as there's not much we can do, but hell.. atleast complain! and trust me, oblivion had its share of glitches but NOTHING this bad..

Mondrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mondrath
Member since 2007 • 314 Posts

I am curious about whether the majority of people here are using fat PS3s or slims? but on another note, to help with minimizing any glitches, make sure you turn off Autosave and have alot of harddisk space available. Bethesda games seem to generally work better doing that. Also, take a break every two hours or so if it's getting bad, turn off the machine and let the cache empty out. Memory limitations are usually an issue.

MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts

I've only had like 2 little glitches. Game has been almost perfect for me so far. Sorry to hear about it.

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts

No problems here. It doesn't seem to be everyone.

Artof_War
yeah me too.. im about 43 hours in and no problems
Mondrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mondrath
Member since 2007 • 314 Posts

I'd just like to say that I know how frustrating glitches and bugs can be (have been through tons over 24 years of gaming) but anything new is going to have problems if you are pushing the boundaries of what a product is capable of. This is true for almost any product....look at BMW, for example. When they revamped their 7 series cars in the 90s, their was a catastrophic "glitch" which caused your gas tank to explode if you were hit hard from behind. The concept of products having defects or problems is not game-industry specific, but includes all consumer products that are changing or new. And of course, if you are unhappy with a product, you can enforce your right as a consumer to complain to a company and/or not purchase their products. Which, come to think of it, would be more constructive than just complaining to others.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#33 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Very glad I decided to wait until all the patches were issued before buying this. And how many reviewers gave this thing a perfect 10? I think they should be issuing apologies and retractions right about now.

TransFishers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TransFishers
Member since 2011 • 263 Posts
I'm twenty nine hours in and have no issues at all. It hasn't even frozen on me once since the first night I played it. Sorry to hear so many people are having issues, though. It really is a fantastic game.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I'm only 6 hours into it... I'll more than likely resume playing once a patch is available.
whiteLion64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 whiteLion64
Member since 2011 • 134 Posts

my brand new copy is on the shelf.i have started a char only.i'm waiting it to be patched

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

a game glitched like that can kill a console, I player DC universe since the beta, it froze more than 50 times (had to pres the power button then get the 3 beeps, some times had to use the back switch - 60Gb PS3), add to that the console just restarting at random times, falling forever, no sound or hiccup sound ...

sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

About 80 hours in, had some crazy slowdown and some freezes while fast travelling, but other than that it's been decent.

Maybe I'm a fan boy, or maybe I'm lucky but it hasn't been all that bad.

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ShangTsung17

well when they finally patch it, IF they patch it.. the game will be a blast to play, but intill then its just a broken mess..