AMGZant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By AMGZant
Member since 2014 • 26 Posts

Hey guys. I hope you can help me with a problem that I have with the digital version of TLOU for PS3. The game was for only $20 on the PS Store so I purchased it. I already downloaded the installer wich is around 160MB and everything was fine, but when I started to download the actual game I get the error code 80028ED6 like every two minutes and it kicks me off of my session, so I need to sign in again to keep downloading the game but it's impossible to do it because I get the same error code again and again. Its very annoying.

I already contacted Sony. They told me to disconnect my router and console for a while, wich I did but the error persists. Anyone else had this problem with the game? Every other game/app works fine.

xCaZx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By xCaZx
Member since 2015 • 82 Posts

I think that error code is some sort of network error, as in your playstation is losing connecting to the Internet. I am not saying it couldn't be a problem with PSN, but chances are its something on your end.

Are you connected to the Internet via an ethernet cord or wireless? If its wireless and your connection isn't solid than that could be the issue (for example, your wireless signal strength is on the low end).

It could also be problems with your ISP, router, or the Playstation itself.

Have you ever had any problems downloading large game files before? I am not talking a small indie game but a large game similar to the last of us.

AMGZant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AMGZant

@xcazx: I use a wireless connection and never had an issue downloading other games. I have Tomb Raider and it was a smooth download. It seems that the error pops only when I start the download screen of TLOU. I already erased the installer, thinking that maybe it was corrupted. Downloaded it again but I go back to the same problem.

I contacted Sony again and they told me that it may be the console and that I need to wipe my HDD. I don't really think that'll be the solution because I don't have issues with other software or app other than this installer. I've been trying to download the game again and now it takes like 5-7 minutes to sign me out. It is a progress but still pretty annoying.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Erase any folder related to TLoU you have in your system first, if there is any folder with any relationship to the game the system automatically uses that folder when you begin to download, if there is any corrupt data in it the game won´t download or download incorrectly.

AMGZant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AMGZant

@raugutcon: Yeah I already searched in "Game Data Utility" and "Saved Data Utility". There's nothing related to the game in any of those. Is there by any chance that the issue could be that patch request before I start to download the actual game? It's weird to get the patch before the game isn't it? But the request popped up before the download.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By raugutcon

@amgzant said:

@raugutcon: Yeah I already searched in "Game Data Utility" and "Saved Data Utility". There's nothing related to the game in any of those. Is there by any chance that the issue could be that patch request before I start to download the actual game? It's weird to get the patch before the game isn't it? But the request popped up before the download.

Could be, it has happened to me with several games that I have to install patches and updates right after I insert the disc or right before I download the game from the store.

AMGZant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AMGZant

@raugutcon: I think I'll just download the game and then the patch after that. Even if the console wants me to get the pacht first. Hope it works.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By raugutcon

@amgzant said:

@raugutcon: I think I'll just download the game and then the patch after that. Even if the console wants me to get the pacht first. Hope it works.

Good luck, hope it works for you.

AMGZant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AMGZant

@raugutcon: it actually worked! PSN kept signing me out but just for a couple of times, not every 5 minutes.

Avatar image for british02081979
British02081979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10 British02081979
Member since 2015 • 57 Posts

Your better off getting it on disk a lot of PSN users have bought games on the PlayStation Store have had problems.