I have a quick question about sales

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hotfiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 hotfiree
Member since 2006 • 2185 Posts

If there are 27million ps3's sold how come games like uncharted and killzone ect get around 2 million sales.

What are the other 25 million owners doing?

Same with other consoles actually, why is there never a game that like 10 million people all want for their console and go get. I dont see why its always around the 2 million mark, are people buying consoles and then not buying games for them? Because if they were buying other games we would see big sales on other games wouldnt we?

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts

PS3's are so beautiful people use them as ornaments and put them on display, like in the middle of a dining room table. They don't actually play them.

I actually don't have an answer for that, good question though.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
27 Million? Dude, there should be more than 30 Million Ps3s sold by now its Christmas.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

27 Million? Dude, there should be more than 30 Million Ps3s sold by now its Christmas.AgentA-Mi6

Nope, it's over 28 right now but still reaching for 29

Avatar image for danthegardner99
danthegardner99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 danthegardner99
Member since 2006 • 799 Posts

If there are 27million ps3's sold how come games like uncharted and killzone ect get around 2 million sales.

Same with other consoles actually, why is there never a game that like 10 million people all want for their console and go get. I dont see why its always around the 2 million mark, are people buying consoles and then not buying games for them? Because if they were buying other games we would see big sales on other games wouldnt we?

hotfiree

Why do you care?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
Member since 2009 • 6466 Posts
a lot of people use it as a blu-ray player...
hotfiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hotfiree

Yeah which is why i dont understand why games on ps3 only get to like 2-4 million sales. I have no idea what the other 20+million people are doing.

I dont think there all using it as a blu ray player. What about other consoles then. Say there is 30 million xbox 360s, why did gears sell 4 million? I dont understand what the huge ammount of other people are doing?

hotfiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hotfiree

[QUOTE="hotfiree"]

danthegardner99

Why do you care?

Because i dont see why devs that work there butts off arent being supported for their exclusitivity for consoles while games like MW2 sell BUTT LOADS. Why buy a ps3 if your not going to buy exclusives? Same with xbox
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

hotfiree
Many people use it strictly as a Blu-ray player, many people aren't interested in UC2's genre, people might never even have heard of UC2, some might just not be interested in it, people may not have enough money, etc.
hotfiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hotfiree
Yeah but i doubt that many people use it as a blu ray player. Even on xbox though there is like what 30 million units sold but games rarely get passed 5 million. Its interesting to think what the other people are buying. Why dont we see like 12 million copies sold?
Avatar image for deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
Member since 2009 • 6466 Posts
lots rent, use gamefly, buy used... those don't count towards sales...
hotfiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hotfiree
Does buying on ebay from a company count? Cause they would have to restock right?
Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
I was also wondering the same, only 10% buy games. But other people rent games just like me.
hotfiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hotfiree
Thats odd, what if you wanna go back in the ps7 days and play u2 for example like how we play ps1 games? Dont you want it on disc? Maybe im old fashioned. Where i live theres no where that offeres games for rent ! So i have to buy all mine :(
Duxsox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Duxsox56
Member since 2009 • 1186 Posts

TONS of people use PS3s just for a blu-ray player. Back when PS3 was cheaper than a blu-ray player I knew people who bought 3 PS3s, one for gaming, two for blu-ray on different TVs.

White_wolf_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 White_wolf_eye
Member since 2009 • 2886 Posts

The others are basicly letting there ps3's in the middle of teh living room to show off/collect dust or basicly use it for bluray. It is(or was) the worlds cheapest bluray player.

hotfiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hotfiree

TONS of people use PS3s just for a blu-ray player. Back when PS3 was cheaper than a blu-ray player I knew people who bought 3 PS3s, one for gaming, two for blu-ray on different TVs.

Duxsox56
How is it explained for 360 then? Even wii?
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

[QUOTE="Duxsox56"]

hotfiree

How is it explained for 360 then? Even wii?

Well, I know a lot of ppl that own a system and they buy about 4 or 5 games a year and when they do, they don't really inform themself before buying them (wow, nice cover, gotta buy it). This reduces the amount of system owners already by a huge amount. Now out of them there are ppl that just aren't interested in the specific Game, because they don't like the genre or whatever. We now arrived at the ppl that might get the game, but out of those, there are tons, and I really mean tons, of ppl that rent the games or buy them used. The small rest that stays are ppl like me who buy Games at full price to support the devs :/ And only they count towards sales

CrispexOps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 CrispexOps
Member since 2009 • 182 Posts

I use mine as a PC also.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Because tons of casuals buy the system and just buy 1 or 2 games like Madden. Tons of kids buy the system and don't know which games are good. And even the hardcore gamers don't buy every single blockbuster game.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

People just have different tastes, and what you see on the internet isn't a good measure of what's out there in real life. You see all kinds of topics about Uncharted 2, but those soccer games sell more copies, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention them here. Some people buy stuff like Little Big Planet and Ratchet and Clank for their kids. Others are into football/basketball etc. Some like racing games, air combat, hack 'n' slash, Guitar Hero, RPG's, etc. Action/adventure is an extremely popular genre, but it's just one of many. And a whole lot of people - most - don't run out and buy the latest greatest game the same month it's released. They just don't follow the video game news, don't know how great it is. It's just a picture on a box cover to them.