I had every version of the ps3 this gen, and the super slim is the best

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -
Ofcoarse the 60gb fat IS the best console of all time because it plays ps2 games, but lets put that aside for a moment.... it was very loud the slims started getting better but i can still hear it whirling during a game, and im sorry but the deep matte finish was just so ugly now the new super slim has a glossy and soft matte finish, it looks like a smaller version of the fats and it is dead silent. what about you guys which version do you think is the best?
#2 Posted by slugger909 (294 posts) -
I liked my fat one, till it ylod on me. So the slim has got to be my favorite
#3 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -
I liked my fat one, till it ylod on me. So the slim has got to be my favoriteslugger909
yea i sensed the clod coming when all the sudden the fans would go into overdrive. sold it soon after
#4 Posted by RoOodriGowW (3309 posts) -

Nah , hate having to open the tray , gets me uneasy when using the vertical position too , i left it on my beach house and am using the normal slim , my fat 60gb lasted 4 years before it ylod'ed on me.:cry:

Will have to go with the normal slim.

#5 Posted by Oldgun (160 posts) -

The Super Slim is not build well as far as quality is concerned, feels very nimble. The disc is annoyingly audible and top loading disc exposing the laser is not a good idea. I still prefer a slot loading which is safe (for laser) and comparatively quiet.

#6 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

The Super Slim is not build well as far as quality is concerned, feels very nimble. The disc is annoyingly audible and top loading disc exposing the laser is not a good idea. I still prefer a slot loading which is safe (for laser) and comparatively quiet.

Oldgun
well to each his own but i love the new super slim, the regular slims are just soooooo ugly.
#7 Posted by JustPlainLucas (74651 posts) -
I have a Slim, and it lacks the personality of the Fat. I really miss my Fat...
#8 Posted by EastMagi (143 posts) -

I miss my fat one - it could play PS2 games. The slim is nice because theres no need to worry about disc getting stuck inside.

#9 Posted by MarcRecon (6105 posts) -

I liked my fat one, till it ylod on me. So the slim has got to be my favoriteslugger909

Same here....my fat lated about 4years also....been having a blast with the 250g slim. I will eventually get the super slim for my spare room but not anytime soon.

#10 Posted by Killzonage (408 posts) -
I love my slim. But I miss the sexy shine of the phat one.
#11 Posted by supern0va9 (33 posts) -

Rich, much?

#12 Posted by clr84651 (5529 posts) -

160GB Slim is the best model and I've had all except the newest one that has no auto disc feeder.

#13 Posted by SNESMaster420 (1335 posts) -

Yeah. I almost agree. I have had them all too. I like the new one alot, but I think my 120GB slim was my fave. IDK. IDC. Haha. As long as it plays my games man.

#14 Posted by ReviewerDrake (766 posts) -

Normal Slim takes the cake for me.

#15 Posted by M0GWAI (9 posts) -
Why do you need to buy every version in the first place?
#16 Posted by usermikey (506 posts) -

I had been meaning to buy my own PS3 as well as upgrade from the one my family has at home we had a 60GB but ... well let's just say over Christmas break 2008 it only got 4-7 hours of rest in between days..... Then we got a 40GB :(

So now over Black Friday although not on sale I bought the Uncharted 3 GOTY SuperSlim model Bundle. I wanted to get a Slim but none were on sale and if I were to get one it would of been the 320 and they just as if not more expensive as the new super slim bundles...

I was "iffy" about the Super Slim's disk tray and durability which is still a concern but I'll deal with it I guess. I'm usually super careful when handling it. Happy Holidays everyone.

~PS3 user since 2006

-How do you guys like the Super Slim?

#17 Posted by SoNin360 (5608 posts) -
I have had no reason to replace my 80GB fat console since I got it 4 years ago today. I did have to upgrade the HDD, but it's been working perfectly fine. It can get a bit noisy, but that's not near enough of a reason to get a new PS3, but I would probably just get the slim if my PS3 decided to die. I would maybe get the super slim depending on HDD options and price. But hopefully I won't have to do that.
#18 Posted by Ghost120x (4061 posts) -
I got the super slim yesterday and it doesn't look ugly (in person?) like it does on the screen shots.
#19 Posted by EastMagi (143 posts) -

I got the super slim yesterday and it doesn't look ugly (in person?) like it does on the screen shots.Ghost120x

And it weighs so much lighter too

#20 Posted by Kage1 (6759 posts) -

Ofcoarse the 60gb fat IS the best console of all time because it plays ps2 games, but lets put that aside for a moment.... it was very loud the slims started getting better but i can still hear it whirling during a game, and im sorry but the deep matte finish was just so ugly now the new super slim has a glossy and soft matte finish, it looks like a smaller version of the fats and it is dead silent. what about you guys which version do you think is the best?kingoflife9
Why because they all broke?

I Still have the same PS3 for 4 years so I cant compare.

#21 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
I still have original 60gb and 80gb model working just fine; I find the slim models ugly.
#22 Posted by BH14 (1723 posts) -

The super slim is butt ugly with the stripes and the sliding lid to put the disc in makes it look real cheap. The pros of it is it is slightly smaller and it has an increase GBs so I still think it is better than the faulty LOUD fat models. The regular slim is easily the best version for obvious reasons.

#23 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -
Why do you need to buy every version in the first place?M0GWAI
well i just sell the old ones and buy the newer ones. im a lifelong playstation fan, the best gaming memories...
#24 Posted by ReviewerDrake (766 posts) -

I've never had the fat model but I have had the 120gb Slim and now I have the 320gb. I gave the 120gb to my uncle after upgrading to the 320gb and it still purrs like a kitten for him & My 320 runs quiet and take quite a while to heat up.

#25 Posted by sandslane (6 posts) -

My first PS3 was the 60 GB console that came in the MGS4 bundle. It was a nice machine, but I just moved it to another room and replaced it with a new 250 GB super slim. I like the super slim much better. The old console would run so loud you'd think you were standing on the deck of an aircraft carrier. I also like that the new console has a bigger HD and can bitstream lossless audio from blu-rays.

As far as looks go, I think the old console looked better, but that's a non-issue since the one in the living room is in an ET cabinet.

With regard to the transition from the loading slot to having to slide the top open, I think I like the new style better. It may not be as pretty, but my sister and her husband recently had to disassemble a dying Sony blu-ray player to get their disc out of it. No chance of that ever happening with the new style PS3.

#26 Posted by RACiEP (687 posts) -

I had a fat for some time, but it died on me. The slim always looked way better imo.

When I first saw pictures of the super slim, I thought it was the ugliest and cheapest-looking thing ever. But I ended up scoring the sweet Black Friday deal with the super slim...and let me just say that pictures do NOT do this thing justice. It is very sleek and awesome in person. It's also amazingly compact which is a huge plus. The fat is just way too massive, whereas the super slim is almost as small as my slim PS2!

I hear people complain about removal of the automatic disk drive all of the time. Here's the thing...it's just one less moving part to break and one less disk to get stuck inside. Plus I just love hearing that satisfying "click" after closing the door.

It isn't loud, though. I don't know where people are coming up with that. My fat was much louder.

#27 Posted by razu2444 (806 posts) -
I paid £119.99 for my super slim...that rocks! My only gripe is the loading slot. Other than that....it's quiet, it's cool, it's cheap, easy to upgrade, still does everything except ps2 games. It tops all the other models overall.