I guess Its OFFICIAL!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts
I know we heard that Mercenaries 2 World in Flames was being published by EA earlier in the month and was still a PS3 exclusive, But i just got my new Game INformer and they have a preview of Mercenaries 2 For The XBOX360 Now so i guess the question is answered. Now i dont remember seeing anything lately about this so this could be old and if it is my bad...
Kman1086

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Kman1086
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts
yea its old but i hated the 1st so im glad it went to 360
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts
I know we heard that Mercenaries 2 World in Flames was being published by EA earlier in the month and was still a PS3 exclusive, But i just got my new Game INformer and they have a preview of Mercenaries 2 For The XBOX360 Now so i guess the question is answered. Now i dont remember seeing anything lately about this so this could be old and if it is my bad...KurupSoldr
Don't know what to think. Did it say that Merc 2 was being published by EA (in the magazine)? U know sometimes magazine are abit after with the news if you compare them to Online Game sites.

though this wasn't a chock, with EA as publishers. it will probably come on the psp aswell.
KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KurupSoldr
No it didnt it says its being published by TBD=To be determined i am guessing so just have not heard anything about it going to MS until now and i usually hear news like this pretty quick or notice it
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Krigon
No it didnt it says its being published by TBD=To be determined i am guessing so just have not heard anything about it going to MS until now and i usually hear news like this pretty quick or notice itKurupSoldr
Yea i find it kinda strange that no other gamesite has picked this up and delivered any sort of news about it going to 360. Maybe on the next magazine they will write in "retraction note" for the misinformation they delivered, but i still believe that in the upcoming weeks some statement will come about mercs 2 going to 360 (as this franchise was never exclusive to begin with)
Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Alpha2
Member since 2003 • 3203 Posts
Game informer was printed a month before the announcement from EA, Print magazines are never as upto date as the internet.
KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KurupSoldr
Game informer was printed a month before the announcement from EA, Print magazines are never as upto date as the internet.Alpha2
Who cares how long ago they print it if it never was going to the 360 to begin with Right? I mean it was a PS3 exclusive for the most part from the get go so i dont think that would matter whether or not EA is publishing it you know
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Krigon
[QUOTE="Alpha2"]Game informer was printed a month before the announcement from EA, Print magazines are never as upto date as the internet.KurupSoldr
Who cares how long ago they print it if it never was going to the 360 to begin with Right? I mean it was a PS3 exclusive for the most part from the get go so i dont think that would matter whether or not EA is publishing it you know

Though it wasn't exclusive. Merceneries went to ps2 and xbox last gen and this gen the develepors where saying it was being developed for the ps3 (i think they where trying to get a deal from sony) and now that EA is in the loop, you probably know what the outcome will be.
Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14498 Posts
I have the same issue, but I still wouldn't call that confirmation.  GI is printed weeks in advance and the news concerning M2:WiF was just after the print cycle.  If anything is indicative that M2:WiF is going to the X360, it would be that their offices are cluttered with loads of 360 controllers.  Now, either they play a lot of X360 during their free time, or they're going multiplat and always were.
KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KurupSoldr
I have the same issue, but I still wouldn't call that confirmation.  GI is printed weeks in advance and the news concerning M2:WiF was just after the print cycle.  If anything is indicative that M2:WiF is going to the X360, it would be that their offices are cluttered with loads of 360 controllers.  Now, either they play a lot of X360 during their free time, or they're going multiplat and always were.Basinboy
Yah i understand what your saying thats y it wouldnt make sense though if its printed weeks in advance and it was never confirmed for 360 there is no reason for it to be that way you know. Howerver someone just posted on my 360 forum and told me that on THe Game INformer forums it was confirmed as a typo mistake and it was suppose to be a preview for the PS3 Not the X360.
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
never played the first one, won't play the second one. But why is this so unexpected? Mercenaries was multiplatform, so the sequel is likely to be multiplatform again. If anything, I'd say timed exclusivity, but then again, I didn't follow this game at all
Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Alpha2
[QUOTE="Alpha2"]Game informer was printed a month before the announcement from EA, Print magazines are never as upto date as the internet.KurupSoldr

What matters is that before a certain point the game's exclusivity was in doubt because of the usual internet rumors like the one for Bioshock or the one for Crysis. People beleived the games to be multiplatform untill the developer came out and stated it was most certainly exclusive. EA confirme exclusivity for PS3 not multiplatform status. The magazine article was produced and printed before the announcment and thus it would not be in the book.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Actually I thought Mercenaries 2 was always going to be for both PS3 and 360, just like the first one was for both PS2 and Xbox.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
I just was amazed that it was announced for only the PS3. I own the first one on my Xbox. Why would the game go from multiplat to exclusve?
Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Alpha2
Publisher perogative. I mean why would Full Auto be a xbox exclusive and Full Auto 2 be a PS3 exclusive. Publishers makes choices like this all the time. Hell look at MGS and MGS2, they made ONE game out of 3 for the xbox and never any others and even MGS4 is looking like it will be an exclusive so how is this such a weird thing to see Mercenaries 2 become a PS3 exclusive. even if it's a limited exclusive for like a year it WAS announced officially for PS3 and not for 360.
pageiszeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pageiszeppelin
Member since 2006 • 379 Posts
TBD=To be determinedKurupSoldr
I thought it was To Be Dated. Your's sounds better though
MikeinSC2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 MikeinSC2
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts
1) Odds are, yes, it's likely going to 360.
2) Game Informer mislabelled the picture. It happens a lot.
-=Mike