I downloaded a 100 percent LBP save on my USB drive- Will it work on my PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DeathScape666 (8599 posts) -

As a lot of you know, I'm getting my PS3 replaced since the old one broke after twelve days. I downloaded a game save from the link below on to a USB drive. I'm going to put my USB drive into the new PS3, and then download it on to there so I have Little Big Planet one hundred percent complete.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/save/938583.html

Do you think this will work? Because if I have to go through the game again, collecting everything, I think I might cry.

#2 Posted by Colinski283 (174 posts) -
since it is online and info corresponds to your psn acct...i doubt it. Maybe it would for offline mode.
#3 Posted by DeathScape666 (8599 posts) -
since it is online and info corresponds to your psn acct...i doubt it. Maybe it would for offline mode.Colinski283
What if I did a bunch of stuff on my old PSN account. I can access my PSN account on my new PS3, right? Will my old stuff be there?
#4 Posted by idk761 (3229 posts) -
It works, but it will disable some trophies.
#5 Posted by DeathScape666 (8599 posts) -
It works, but it will disable some trophies. idk761
Alright. That's fine with me, because I honestly don't really care about trophies.
#6 Posted by PS3videos (834 posts) -
You should have the same trophies you had before and the game will read your save file.
#7 Posted by DeathScape666 (8599 posts) -
When I interested the USB drive into the PS3, I clicked on a bunch of stuff and tried to copy it to the PS3. It didn't ****ing work. It said there "is nothing to copy." God ****ing damn it. ****!
#8 Posted by TJSAGE (3537 posts) -
Cheaters never prosper....
#9 Posted by TerriXTerri (1 posts) -
Ok I don't know if you already solved the problem but I can help. I did it successfully.
#10 Posted by MusashiSensi (9583 posts) -
Cheaters never prosper....TJSAGE
Amen to that.
#11 Posted by MrGanny (2911 posts) -

[QUOTE="TJSAGE"]Cheaters never prosper....MusashiSensi
Amen to that.

This.

#12 Posted by Shad0ki11 (12576 posts) -

[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="TJSAGE"]Cheaters never prosper....MrGanny

Amen to that.

This.

I concur.

#13 Posted by brennan7777 (3253 posts) -

Cheater...

#14 Posted by aznpickle (714 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrGanny"]

[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"] Amen to that.Shad0ki11

This.

I concur.

k

#15 Posted by DevilBorg (810 posts) -
TBH: I see no problem here. The OP already has gotten everything, his PS3 broke, it wasn't his fault. It is a headache getting everything again, so why not?
#16 Posted by dude6077 (142 posts) -

Is it me or did no one read the part where he states he already had 100% then his PS3 broke? Replacing your files because of that doesn't really classify as cheating in my book... Now if he's lying shame on him but whatever.

#17 Posted by expanded (8430 posts) -
cheaters never prosper? Well, in gta all cars explode :] .. or contra the infamous cheat code.. cheaters imo get 100% of the fun because you guys miss out on the cheats !! :}
#18 Posted by jonnyt61 (2147 posts) -
You have may have to press Triangle while highlighting the memory card, and select display all.
#19 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9491 posts) -
usually u cant copy trophy based game saves
#20 Posted by thelastguy (12030 posts) -

cheaters never prosper? Well, in gta all cars explode :] .. or contra the infamous cheat code.. cheaters imo get 100% of the fun because you guys miss out on the cheats !! :}expanded

You haven't been here in a while :o

#21 Posted by StealthKnife (2104 posts) -
it worked for me on GTA
#22 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9491 posts) -
it worked for me on GTA StealthKnife
It doesnt work for me. You must of done it before GTA4 got patched with trophies.
#23 Posted by MassiveKaos (3876 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrGanny"]

[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"] Amen to that.Shad0ki11

This.

I concur.

Guess you guys didnt read the post huh?

#24 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

cheaters never prosper? Well, in gta all cars explode :] .. or contra the infamous cheat code.. cheaters imo get 100% of the fun because you guys miss out on the cheats !! :}expanded

Cheating's so last gen.

What's the point of trophies if you can just cheat/download 100% saves for them.

#25 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

As a lot of you know, I'm getting my PS3 replaced since the old one broke after twelve days. I downloaded a game save from the link below on to a USB drive. I'm going to put my USB drive into the new PS3, and then download it on to there so I have Little Big Planet one hundred percent complete.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/save/938583.html

Do you think this will work? Because if I have to go through the game again, collecting everything, I think I might cry.

DeathScape666

It will work but you have to create a PS3 folder with specific hierarchy. I think it's PS3 => SAVEDATA => "the save file", but look it up to double check.

I meant in the USB drive.