I dont understand what people have against the PS3

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

esp009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 esp009
Member since 2003 • 171 Posts

First of all I'll like to say that I own all three consoles. I got all of them on day one. The 360 has a huge dry 3 or 4 months after launch until oblivion and GRAW. The wii has had just a big of a drought as the PS3. I have a membership and gamefly and besides wii sports and zelda the rest of the games are crap. I admit the PS3 is right there with those other two consoles, besides resistance and another game or so, the rest of the games are crap, but for some reason people seem to focus on the PS3 more then either of those other two combined.  The only conclusion i can come up with is that they bash it cause they cant afford it. What do you guys think?

dimo4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dimo4
Member since 2006 • 166 Posts
its because the Wii is less expensive and it has the Wii mote. The ps3 is supposed to be a powerful beast right? people rag on it becuase right now there is o game that loks any better or plays any better than the 360, thats way theres alot of bashing.
rasstarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rasstarman
Member since 2004 • 852 Posts
I think most people have a problem with the price basically and maybe the fact that you need an HDTV to really enjoy the $600 price.
esp009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 esp009

its because the Wii is less expensive and it has the Wii mote. The ps3 is supposed to be a powerful beast right? people rag on it becuase right now there is o game that loks any better or plays any better than the 360, thats way theres alot of bashing.dimo4

yeah but compare resistance next to any of the 360 launch games ( i played them all) and it surpases every single one of them.

rasstarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rasstarman

[QUOTE="dimo4"]its because the Wii is less expensive and it has the Wii mote. The ps3 is supposed to be a powerful beast right? people rag on it becuase right now there is o game that loks any better or plays any better than the 360, thats way theres alot of bashing.esp009

yeah but compare resistance next to any of the 360 launch games ( i played them all) and it surpases every single one of them.

I found COD2 to be much better than resistence.
esp009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 esp009
[QUOTE="esp009"]

[QUOTE="dimo4"]its because the Wii is less expensive and it has the Wii mote. The ps3 is supposed to be a powerful beast right? people rag on it becuase right now there is o game that loks any better or plays any better than the 360, thats way theres alot of bashing.rasstarman

Are you being serious....do you consider call of duty 3 to be better then call of duty 2?

jelopek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jelopek
Member since 2005 • 694 Posts
You can't afford something...Bash It ! It's lifestyle for about 60% people on this planet... sad...
millmuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 millmuff
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Sony has been on top for so long...so I think a lot of people would like to see them fail. I think  a lot of people want whatever system they have to be "the best", mainly because they are afraid of having the second rate system and nobody wants that.

I've had mine sine before christmas and I was kidna worried up until the last few weeks when everythign got settled around release dates for march...and now I'm certain things are going to explode for them. I'm a big fan of a lot of 360's titles but come march when ps3 gets its first "real" batch of games it's going to come out on top.

dimo4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dimo4
Member since 2006 • 166 Posts

[QUOTE="dimo4"]its because the Wii is less expensive and it has the Wii mote. The ps3 is supposed to be a powerful beast right? people rag on it becuase right now there is o game that loks any better or plays any better than the 360, thats way theres alot of bashing.esp009

yea, comparing launch but as of now people are comparing ps3 to the curent games on 360

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

First of all I'll like to say that I own all three consoles. I got all of them on day one. The 360 has a huge dry 3 or 4 months after launch until oblivion and GRAW. The wii has had just a big of a drought as the PS3. I have a membership and gamefly and besides wii sports and zelda the rest of the games are crap. I admit the PS3 is right there with those other two consoles, besides resistance and another game or so, the rest of the games are crap, but for some reason people seem to focus on the PS3 more then either of those other two combined.  The only conclusion i can come up with is that they bash it cause they cant afford it. What do you guys think?

esp009

I think it's because Sony was saying a lot of stuff before the PS3 launched. Like "Next-Gen doesn't start till we say it does". I think that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. That and the price would be another problem people have.  I know most people say it's cheap conisdering what you're getting. Let's face it thought most people don't want to pay $600 for a gaming machine. It might also be a BR player but most people that buy the PS3 aren't buying it for movies. The ablility to play BR HD movies is an added bonus.

I think if Sony did much such claims as "it's a super computer" it wouldn't get as much negative press.

rasstarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rasstarman
[QUOTE="rasstarman"][QUOTE="esp009"]

Are you being serious....do you consider call of duty 3 to be better then call of duty 2?

COD3 multiplayer is better than 2 but the single player in 2 is much better. COD2 had one of the best single player experience to date in my books.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts
What people have against the PS3 seems to be based on what is happening right now in the gaming world, not a comparison of launches. Yes the 360 had a dry spell, as has the Wii and PS3, but the point a lot of haters make is that most of the games coming to the PS3 have also been on the 360 for a long while. All the people waiting for a PS3 version of FEAR, Oblivion, Fight Night etc. could have had the same games earlier, and like you say, at $100-200 less. That's the argument people have against the PS3: not that it's too expensive, but that it's not good value for money compared to its competition.... yet.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#13 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
I think it's because Sony has been in the lead for a long time and people have high expecatations of them. And since a lot of people can't afford them they are really pissed off that they won't be able to enjoy a lot of the games coming out for it. Another reason is the launch titles, but, honestly, what system have you known of that has come out with a ton of good games on the first day of lauch? PS2's laucnh titles weren't that great, but that system was outselling the X Box 360.
HunAndras1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 HunAndras1984
Member since 2005 • 647 Posts

esp009

Yes, they bash it because they can't afford it. But that's not the only reason. Some people bash it because their friends bash it and they want to fit in. Also some people bash it because they don't understand it and don't know what's comming in the future.  All they see is a few games and that's it. Also....and I think the biggest reason  is that:  Have you seen the movie called Gladiator??:)  "What do people like more than a hero? To see the hero FALL!"

Get my point?:)

mr_pops238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mr_pops238
Member since 2006 • 3980 Posts
They simply cant afford it.
rasstarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rasstarman
They simply cant afford it.mr_pops238
All sony consoles launched with a price of $299 now the PS3 is $499 - $599 with the $499 version out the door. Anyone who thinks that is cheap for a gaming console is lying to themselves plus don't start that blu ray player crap because most people don't buy consoles to play movies and not everyone care about it.
esp009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 esp009

What people have against the PS3 seems to be based on what is happening right now in the gaming world, not a comparison of launches. Yes the 360 had a dry spell, as has the Wii and PS3, but the point a lot of haters make is that most of the games coming to the PS3 have also been on the 360 for a long while. All the people waiting for a PS3 version of FEAR, Oblivion, Fight Night etc. could have had the same games earlier, and like you say, at $100-200 less. That's the argument people have against the PS3: not that it's too expensive, but that it's not good value for money compared to its competition.... yet.-Spock-

yeah but i could flip that and say that most of the 360 games: Fear, Call of duty 2 and other are ports of older pc games but i didnt see anyone bring that up

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kingtito

That would be your opinion though and not everyone would agree. I personally found Condemned better than Resistance. I know a lot of people won't agree but again that's my opinion. I find resistance to be an average FPS and was much more into Condemned.

Theempire30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Theempire30
Member since 2006 • 2420 Posts
What I think is that people take it seriously to what Nintendo and Xbox fan boys say about the PS3, and even though they have never played it they talk bad about it saying is gonna crash and ruin Sony and that the price is to high. Its not high people, look at all your getting!
techmo_king1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 techmo_king1
wait until heavenly sword and the other good games then people will shut up and stop bashing it
esp009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 esp009
[QUOTE="esp009"]

HunAndras1984

Yes, they bash it because they can't afford it. But that's not the only reason. Some people bash it because their friends bash it and they want to fit in. Also some people bash it because they don't understand it and don't know what's comming in the future.  All they see is a few games and that's it. Also....and I think the biggest reason  is that:  Have you seen the movie called Gladiator??:)  "What do people like more than a hero? To see the hero FALL!"

good points bro...I'm glad not everyone out there is narrow minded.

techmo_king1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 techmo_king1
there mad about the price because they feel that sony sould'nt have forced us to buy a blu ray disc player when its not that well known
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

[QUOTE="-Spock-"]What people have against the PS3 seems to be based on what is happening right now in the gaming world, not a comparison of launches. Yes the 360 had a dry spell, as has the Wii and PS3, but the point a lot of haters make is that most of the games coming to the PS3 have also been on the 360 for a long while. All the people waiting for a PS3 version of FEAR, Oblivion, Fight Night etc. could have had the same games earlier, and like you say, at $100-200 less. That's the argument people have against the PS3: not that it's too expensive, but that it's not good value for money compared to its competition.... yet.esp009

yeah but i could flip that and say that most of the 360 games: Fear, Call of duty 2 and other are ports of older pc games but i didnt see anyone bring that up

Not everyone owns a gaming PC cabable of running them though. That's part of the reason consoles exist - for people with not much money. Counter'D.
akuya32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 akuya32
Member since 2006 • 1166 Posts
1. People have stupid expectations. They expected the Ps3 to have all the great games at launch. If people actually followed SOny they would know Sony launch titles usually are below Par.

2. People are wondering why the price is so high. If you aren't a gamer and you just look at the $600 price tag it will make people say, "WTF". It can be hard to understand why the Price for the PS3 is higher then the 360.

3. Its Sony. We have to admit Sony has been acting pretty cocky lately. I understand where they are coming from, but at the same time they have to realize what they say can actually offend consumers. I think this is a big reason, plus. the fact everyone loves to see a new king of the hill.

You are right the PS3 is on Par with the other systems, but I think people actually had some idea it should be above everyone at the three month mark. The PS3 will live up to expectations, but they first have to get established. The 360 went through the same thing and their best games didn't come out till months later(in fact GEOW didn't come out till a year after launch). All it needs is the same time as its competition.

PSN: Meeks

Gamers Game......Fanboys Pick Sides.....

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10597 Posts
[QUOTE="esp009"]

[QUOTE="dimo4"]its because the Wii is less expensive and it has the Wii mote. The ps3 is supposed to be a powerful beast right? people rag on it becuase right now there is o game that loks any better or plays any better than the 360, thats way theres alot of bashing.rasstarman

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heck no, compared 2 resistance COD2 looks down right ugly now
esp009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 esp009
[QUOTE="esp009"]

[QUOTE="dimo4"]its because the Wii is less expensive and it has the Wii mote. The ps3 is supposed to be a powerful beast right? people rag on it becuase right now there is o game that loks any better or plays any better than the 360, thats way theres alot of bashing.kingtito

That would be your opinion though and not everyone would agree. I personally found Condemned better than Resistance. I know a lot of people won't agree but again that's my opinion. I find resistance to be an average FPS and was much more into Condemned.

Come on man lets be realistic...i played condemned and it was an interesting game, but for you to say that a 7 hour single player game with no multiplayer or replay value is better then resistance is a big knock on your opinion

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kingtito
[QUOTE="esp009"]

HunAndras1984

Really people bash it because they can't afford it? Well I bash Sony all the time yet I can afford a PS3 and in fact I bought the 60g version. I even bought against my fiances wishes. I don't bash Sony just beacause I feel like it. Sony has said and done a lot of things over the years I didn't agree with. Way to many to list but lets just say the reason people are bashing Sony is not becuase they can't afford it. They might bash the price but that doesn't mean they can't afford it.

esp009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 esp009
[QUOTE="HunAndras1984"][QUOTE="esp009"]

kingtito

Really people bash it because they can't afford it? Well I bash Sony all the time yet I can afford a PS3 and in fact I bought the 60g version. I even bought against my fiances wishes. I don't bash Sony just beacause I feel like it. Sony has said and done a lot of things over the years I didn't agree with. Way to many to list but lets just say the reason people are bashing Sony is not becuase they can't afford it. They might bash the price but that doesn't mean they can't afford it.

the majority of people in these forums are young kids so i think you re an exception

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kingtito
[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="esp009"]

Come on man lets be realistic...i played condemned and it was an interesting game, but for you to say that a 7 hour single player game with no multiplayer or replay value is better then resistance is a big knock on your opinion

My opinion means less because I like a Condemned better than I liked Resistance? Like how long the game last is as important to me as it is to you. Like how much replay value means anything to me like it does to you. Just so you know I don't play through games more than once. When I finish a game I trade it in or keep if I think my kids will play it.

I was very sucked into Condemned's story and game play style. I love how the NPC's would come at like a crazy person would. For me Resistance is just your average FPS and nothing more. So for me to like Condemned more than Resistance isn't a far stretch.

Remember it's ALL opinion and not fact and this includes YOUR opinion.

zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts
Um... because it's... the 3rd console?
coolguy681

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 coolguy681
Member since 2006 • 1353 Posts
Its because ppl expected it to be GOD when it first came out. Well ppl ITS JUST A VIDEO GAMING CONSOLE. Anyways it will be fine once the games start flying in.
esp009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 esp009
[QUOTE="esp009"][QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="esp009"]

[QUOTE="dimo4"]its because the Wii is less expensive and it has the Wii mote. The ps3 is supposed to be a powerful beast right? people rag on it becuase right now there is o game that loks any better or plays any better than the 360, thats way theres alot of bashing.kingtito

My opinion means less because I like a Condemned better than I liked Resistance? Like how long the game last is as important to me as it is to you. Like how much replay value means anything to me like it does to you. Just so you know I don't play through games more than once. When I finish a game I trade it in or keep if I think my kids will play it.

I was very sucked into Condemned's story and game play style. I love how the NPC's would come at like a crazy person would. For me Resistance is just your average FPS and nothing more. So for me to like Condemned more than Resistance isn't a far stretch.

Remember it's ALL opinion and not fact and this includes YOUR opinion.

well you re in the minority then.....most major critics prefer resistance.

ALCHEMIST510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 ALCHEMIST510
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
don't have nothing against ps3 or any system i own all 3 the only problem for me is time but i try to fit in time for all 3 system even some time in for my pc
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kingtito
[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="HunAndras1984"][QUOTE="esp009"]

esp009

the majority of people in these forums are young kids so i think you re an exception

True but I thought they weren't talking about in general and not just limited to these forums. If it's just the forums then I can see the point.

tranzam383

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tranzam383
Member since 2004 • 119 Posts
FEAR is why they bash the PS3...
HunAndras1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HunAndras1984
[QUOTE="HunAndras1984"][QUOTE="esp009"]

kingtito

Do you really think that I'm that stupid??? I know that there are people who can afford it but they still bash it. But you have to admit that there are some people who bash the PS3 because they can't afford it.  But it's not only the PS3....you know how many times I've seen people bashing something they can't afford??? It happens al the time.  So it is true...I don't know what's your point.  If you hate Sny so much...why do you buy their products? There are other elextronic companies to. Everyone has a reason why to bash something....in that case it's the PS3. I just pinpointed a few....but it doesn't applay to all who bash the PS3. there is a good old Hugnarian saying that goes:  If it's not your shirt...don't wear it!! You know what I mean??

b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts

I'd rather play CoD2 than Resistance anyday.
Avatar image for Bleach_is_basic
Bleach_is_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bleach_is_basic
Member since 2002 • 3020 Posts
I think one reason is that Sony basically told us that the PS3 was going to be the second coming of Christ himself and that we'd all want to work over time just to get one. They built the hype around the PS3 so high there was absolutely no way they could live up to it at launch and to be honesty I'm skeptical if they will ever be able to live up to it. This kind of behavior tends to piss people off. Secondly is the lack of games. Sure it's only been out 3 months but it was delayed about 6 months too so IMO they should have had time to prep a few more great games. The idea that people bash it just because they can't afford it is silly to me though. Why would you say this? Do people bash Ferrari's? Do they bash 8 bedroom homes in Aspen with movie theaters in them? Do people bash personal yachts? Most people can't afford any of these things but everyone seems to be working their asses off just to get a taste of the good life.
plastic1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 plastic1980
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts
Probably becasue the wii is kind of in a league of its own and cant be compared to PS3 or xbox.
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 b11051973
[QUOTE="rasstarman"][QUOTE="esp009"]

CoD2 was a much better game than CoD3. Infinity Ward FTW!!!
Bleach_is_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bleach_is_basic
FEAR is why they bash the PS3...tranzam383
What the hell? FEAR as in being afraid of the console or F.E.A.R as in the upcoming game for the PS3? I think you mean the former and I think that's a stupid statement. Why would someone be afraid of a console? I own a 360 right now, and I don't currently see any reason to own a PS3. Am I afraid of it for some reason? Why would I be? Once good games actually start coming out for the console I'll consider buying it. Chances are I'll get it for about $100 less than you paid for it too. I'd say that prospect actually makes me HAPPY, certainly not afraid.
granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts
let me put it to rest right here.. it's the price they can not afford it bottomline!!! for all the ppl who say nobody want the blu-ray is theying to fit in... i for one got a hdtv for more than just playing games on it and the ps3 gives me the all in one box to do just that have all my content in HD i watch tv in HD i play games in HD!!!! now here is the kicker WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO  PLAY MOVIES IN HD:roll: NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING NOBODY WANTS blu-ray......
kambion313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kambion313
Member since 2006 • 712 Posts
MY NEWEST GRIEVENCE: SONY has declared themselves the winners in the HD format war. Now...they have sold more units than hddvd....THIS MONTH, AND FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER......BUT their marketing campaign is saying that they have won the war...now..this whould make sence in betamax vs vcr where one format couldnt fit in the other formatts player, therefore the more players to one side means the winner since it becomes uneconomical to make both kinds of cassetes. Writing to CDs is different since YOU WILL have dual formatt players that WILL NOT be bulky and will probably cost a lil bit more when prices become reasonable. To me that seems like the best solution, and i think a lot of people will opt out of the "formatt war" and end up emracing both formatts. BUT sony claims that it has won, im not sure about the figues but i think it has sold about 100,000 more players (due to ps3). As a weird irony on th other hand SONY claims that the lead of the xbox 360 doesnt concern them because "people dont buy a product like that for the short term". Well....do people buy a 600 dollar dvd player for now.....or the future......i think its the now, because lets face it...NO ONE CARES YET....no one cares if their 4:3 ratio tv (which most people still have) is playing a 40 dollar dvd. So...what does that mean to me?? It means MS should declare themselves the winners of the next gen wars...NOT because they have won, but because thats the common logic that SONY is advertising...so MS should do the same. ALSO it means SONY is insecure because IT KNOWS that the people that are buying their BDVD player (aka ps3) are still the eliteists that are willing to pay ANYTHING, and that they dont represent a real cross section of what people want. So by declaring themselves the winner they try to win the hearts and minds of the regular folk that just dont care. And to me, they are cramming BDVD down peoples throats, they act like its going to help out with games...which it wont...space HAS NEVER been a problem in games, and it even helps space rpgs out a lil bit (would aeris dying been as epic without the CD change??lol) people use compression and get around that crap. They havent won even one formatt war...crap...even when the only thing they are competing against is their own incompatance (UMD movies, anyone?) they just suck at predicting what people want as far as formatts.
HunAndras1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HunAndras1984

let me put it to rest right here.. it's the price they can not afford it bottomline!!! for all the ppl who say nobody want the blu-ray is theying to fit in... i for one got a hdtv for more than just playing games on it and the ps3 gives me the all in one box to do just that have all my content in HD i watch tv in HD i play games in HD!!!! now here is the kicker WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO  PLAY MOVIES IN HD:roll: NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING NOBODY WANTS blu-ray...... granddogg

Everyone what's Blu-ray.....You know it, I know it....and they know it too! Everyone likes quality!! There must be something wrong with a person who says that DVD is better than Blu-ray!

Bleach_is_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Bleach_is_basic
let me put it to rest right here.. it's the price they can not afford it bottomline!!! for all the ppl who say nobody want the blu-ray is theying to fit in... i for one got a hdtv for more than just playing games on it and the ps3 gives me the all in one box to do just that have all my content in HD i watch tv in HD i play games in HD!!!! now here is the kicker WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO PLAY MOVIES IN HD:roll: NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING NOBODY WANTS blu-ray...... granddogg
I disagree. I don't see people bashing things simply because of price. If anything people tend to save and work harder for things they truly want but can't currently afford. People don't bash HDTV's because they are expensive, they save up and buy one (or go into debt to buy one). Your logic seems only to apply to PS3's which makes me believe it's something other than price that causes people to bash the PS3.
davez82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 davez82
Member since 2003 • 1864 Posts
yah i agree, its the price 100%... would you refuse a free ps3? no.. would you buy a ps3 if it was 299? yes , im sure everyone would agree on this which means the ps3 is still wanted ,, just not worth that price tag right now.

things like hard to dev for.. or lack of games is total b$. Wii doesnt have much games either , people are pretty content with only playing wii sports it seems, which is just 1 game, but i guess the price they paid makes up for the repetitiveness so they see wii as better.

everything that has to do with anything most likely has $$$ related. Motorstorm will make good use of your ps3 trust me... and even phill harrison said motorstorm is probably the first game to give you what you paid the 599 for. So everyone get motorstorm so we can have a lot of people online!
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 b11051973
To me, all the bashing started at E3 2006. The Sony keynote showed off nothing interesting and at the end, they announced it cost $600. After that, everyone started looking at why the PS3 cost $600. The biggest reason being the Blu-ray drive. Everyone knows the biggest reason the BD drive is in there is Sony wants the movie format to take off. So, people started feeling like they were being forced to pay $200+ for something they may not want. This being yet another format(like UMD and memory stick) that Sony is trying to force on people. They also get bashed for the attitude of the Sony executives. Saying things like, "the next gen doesn't start until the PS3". Then the system shows up and games don't look any better than the year old 360 that costs $200 less. Plus, the system only ships with composite cables and they preach the whole "True HD" thing. Just recently, there's the whole Jack Tretton $1,200 if you can find a system on a shelf thing. People at Sony just say really stupid things. There are many other reasons why people are bashing the PS3. Personally, I bought one in early December. I mainly use it for the Blu-ray player, but have also played Resistance. For being the best PS3 game at launch, it's just an average game. I do see GREAT potential in the PS3. The hardware side of it is there, but they just need to get software out there. I'm also excited about potential PSP/PS3 tricks. Getting PS1 games on there is cool, but I hope they do a lot more. So, to conclude... :) I love my PS3, but there are reasons to bash.
kambion313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kambion313
Member since 2006 • 712 Posts

[QUOTE="granddogg"]let me put it to rest right here.. it's the price they can not afford it bottomline!!! for all the ppl who say nobody want the blu-ray is theying to fit in... i for one got a hdtv for more than just playing games on it and the ps3 gives me the all in one box to do just that have all my content in HD i watch tv in HD i play games in HD!!!! now here is the kicker WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO  PLAY MOVIES IN HD:roll: NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING NOBODY WANTS blu-ray...... HunAndras1984

Everyone what's Blu-ray.....You know it, I know it....and they know it too! Everyone likes quality!! There must be something wrong with a person who says that DVD is better than Blu-ray!

no..HDDVD is AS GOOD as blu ray
davez82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 davez82
Member since 2003 • 1864 Posts
[QUOTE="granddogg"]let me put it to rest right here.. it's the price they can not afford it bottomline!!! for all the ppl who say nobody want the blu-ray is theying to fit in... i for one got a hdtv for more than just playing games on it and the ps3 gives me the all in one box to do just that have all my content in HD i watch tv in HD i play games in HD!!!! now here is the kicker WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO PLAY MOVIES IN HD:roll: NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING NOBODY WANTS blu-ray...... Bleach_is_basic
I disagree. I don't see people bashing things simply because of price. If anything people tend to save and work harder for things they truly want but can't currently afford. People don't bash HDTV's because they are expensive, they save up and buy one (or go into debt to buy one). Your logic seems only to apply to PS3's which makes me believe it's something other than price that causes people to bash the PS3.

i dissagree with you.. if the ps3 was 199.99 , there would be less bashing.. like the wii they would say.. well its only 199 so its a great "VALUE".... keyword value... the basis that can change momentum in criticism.
jtanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jtanga
Member since 2006 • 58 Posts
Like i said before ....they bash sony because they already have xbox 360 and they are afraid they might buy another system.