I don't use Facebook, is the "Share" button useless to me?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by gregbmil (2607 posts) -

I am waiting UPS to drop off my PS4 today, so it's all I can think about, lol. I was wondering about the share button. From what I understand it lets you upload gameplay videos to Facebook, is that all it does?

#2 Edited by Lord_of_Terrans (196 posts) -

I never subsribed to Facebook myself, but i use the share button to take screenshots, save a gameplay video and stream on Twitch.

#3 Posted by Namgis (3584 posts) -

Facebook is not your only option.

I can't wait to make some sizzle reels from my favorite games. Just have to get a PS4. Happy gaming.

#4 Posted by MethodManFTW (25782 posts) -

Right now it is not as useful without a facebook account.. Hopefully they will patch the ability to upload videos to youtube instead of facebook eventually..

Though right now the social stuff I use is twitch streaming and posting screenshots to twitter.

#5 Posted by SoNin360 (5502 posts) -

I'm glad you can just save videos and screenshots to your system. I don't care about sharing things, but if anything awesome ever happens I'm glad I'll be able to record and keep it for myself.

#6 Edited by gregbmil (2607 posts) -

@SoNin360 said:

I'm glad you can just save videos and screenshots to your system. I don't care about sharing things, but if anything awesome ever happens I'm glad I'll be able to record and keep it for myself.

I'm happy with just being able to save videos to my system. Plus if I did use Facebook, I don't want the world to see my gaming habits since I'm almost 35.

#7 Posted by Articuno76 (18849 posts) -

@SoNin360 said:

Can you pull them off on a memory stick? If so that is pretty awesome. Personally love the snapshot feature on the Vita.

#8 Posted by guynamedbilly (12965 posts) -

You can still record the videos to your PS4. Unsure if you can copy them to USB or if you will be able to in the future. You could do streaming, but that's kinda pointless unless you want to interact with the audience. You can take screenshots using it though.

#9 Edited by Videodogg (12579 posts) -

I never use the share button for anything. I guess i am anti-social. I have no desire to post videos or snapshots of my games to anyone. I just dont really see the point.