I can't believe there's no chat in Killzone Multiplayer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by donalbane (16342 posts) -

I love the game, and am a longtime fan of the series, but as far as I can tell, Guerilla completely omitted any chat capability for Shadow Fall. I went online and checked out the Killzone forums and it seems that there is no word if they are going to add it in later. I just find it surprising considering the fact that Sony included a mic in every PS4 box, but their biggest 1st party game doesn't utilize the feature at all. Just FYI. Game is solid as hell, just no chat.

#2 Edited by enriK233 (543 posts) -

Thank God! But seriously, put a mute option or... Text chat should be inlcuded though because there is no way to communicate at all with other players in the game. It's strange since I am coming from PC. At first it felt like I was in SP

#3 Posted by marcheegsr (2719 posts) -

I thought it was really weird that they left it out. But it doesn't change how much I love the mp.

#4 Posted by MethodManFTW (25745 posts) -

Wait, there is no voice chat in Killzone Shadow Fall?

#5 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -

I may be remembering incorrectly but I think Killzone 3 didn't have chat when it released either.

#6 Posted by Ovirew (6375 posts) -

No chat? I haven't tried the MP yet.

Tbh... I kind of don't mind lol. I get sick of people who turn on their mic and never talk, or people who do talk and are just annoying.

Can you do a party chat on the PS4? You're better off just doing that, and talking to buddies as you play.

#7 Posted by donalbane (16342 posts) -

@Ovirew said:

No chat? I haven't tried the MP yet.

Tbh... I kind of don't mind lol. I get sick of people who turn on their mic and never talk, or people who do talk and are just annoying.

Can you do a party chat on the PS4? You're better off just doing that, and talking to buddies as you play.

None of my real world friends will have a PS4 for years... if ever. Also, while it's great that you don't mind, people who play exclusively with pick-up groups like myself will never have to opportunity to make any Killzone friends as I did last gen. It sucks.

#8 Edited by sirk1264 (5556 posts) -

I was wondering why no one was talking when I got on an online match. Now I know. Really weird decision by guerilla to omit voice chat.

#9 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2397 posts) -

Just wondering, is party chat up and running at this point?

Also, it is kind of lame they don't have voice chat at launch for the big, exclusive online shooter.

#10 Posted by calducce (11 posts) -

Honestly, this isn't the only thing lame about Killzone. The graphics are incredible. The gameplay makes me very sad.

#11 Posted by Mr_Ditters (1907 posts) -

The only good thing about Killzone Shadow Fall is the graphics. Killzone 2 was a phenomenal game that was unique had a dark, gritty atmosphere. This one is just soulless. This isn't Killzone. I don't know what they were thinking. I could stomach the no chat thing if the actual game was good. Its the Star Wars Episode I of game sequels.