i am sick of these non critical ps4 updates

#1 Posted by ewalthour (830 posts) -

Is ps4 a unstable device? When will we get a major upgrade for dnla and mp3 and overhaul on customizing the main menu like promised?

#2 Posted by GTR12 (10058 posts) -

Tomorrow

#3 Posted by MarcRecon (6220 posts) -

The hardware is still new, we went through the same stuff with the PS3!

#4 Posted by ewalthour (830 posts) -

@MarcRecon: same stuff like updates but of no significance? I want to see major updates like what Xbox one is getting. We have gotten the last 2 or 3 times just stability updates and it's just plain boring and nothing to look forward to. It's not like its a noticeable difference in performance of whatever they thought needed fixing.

#5 Posted by Terrencec06 (3631 posts) -

I would have to agree with you on this one. Sony has been lacking on the update front of things.

#6 Posted by ewalthour (830 posts) -

Apparently I am not alone with this frustration look at gamingbolt has a article Sony fans sick of the lack of substantial updates and on top it these A holes don't keep you up to date on what the hell they are doing.

I am so glad xbox strip down their system to be mainly a gaming system to make lazy ass sony do more quicker. Unfortunately, they still are slow with providing what we want resting on their lead in the gaming war. I hope xbox catches up and maybe surpass them with their lack luster attitude. I welcome competition in any business and want nintendo to also step it up.

#7 Posted by dave123321 (34363 posts) -

I like these updates. Provides me with some comfort but not too much comfort that a major update would.

Downloading videos. Will that ever be a thing.

#8 Posted by bezza2011 (2716 posts) -

Completely agree XboxOne has over 50+ Apps, PS4 has about 6 if that, We've had 2 major updates which only cater for a small number of people, I'm yet to see an update which actually solves some of my issues or even some of the stuff they actually announced at the reveal, Sony are lagging behind compared to the aggresive nature of Xbox1, but o well it's the games i'm after and we all waiting for them, no matter what console you have.

#9 Posted by NeverMore0 (991 posts) -

Yeah, I don't think I'm the only one who refuses to buy a PS4 until it supports digital playback. My PS3 does more than a PS4 would, so why would I replace it?

#10 Posted by DHMATT90 (168 posts) -

I want mp3 and mp4 support!

#11 Edited by ewalthour (830 posts) -

Microsoft also stated that until either october or december they already have in place each month what they have planned to add to their updates. Sony better come correct really fast. Its not like i will return the PS4 but i sure as hell will beat this bleep into the ground what i want and keep protesting. Like Bezza stated very few people wanted share factory. Maybe a lot of people did want the share factory but i can careless about exposing my home to the world to see. I have barely been online watching people play games etc. I have the playstation eye but i want more playroom stuff than use it as a video camera like a peep show.

#12 Edited by ewalthour (830 posts) -

3d blueray next week but I hope we get more than that since no interest in 3d technology. I don't have a 3d tv but at least this is a significant update . Hopefully there will be more features with this update or from now on Sony want waste our time with stability updates only. Next time stability updates can come with mp4 and customization if the main menu etc.

I watch 3d movies in theatre occasionally but not interested in bringing it to my home theatre. I think too much of 3d would make my nauseated and it's probably not good for your brain just like morpheus.

#13 Edited by The_Last_Ride (74284 posts) -

i want the suspend and resume function there. That's all i want

#14 Posted by yixingtpot (1420 posts) -

They need to give us the 3D and let us listen to OUR MUSIC collection we've already purchased in our lives. I don't like Sony trying to make us buy all our music again via their services, it's BS. It's stupid that I'm on my PS4 or Wii U and can't just play music. These machines are capable of being entertainment hubs but it's crap that they utilize these platforms to make a buck, at least iOS or Mac OS iTunes let us import our CD or mp3 collections without issue.

#15 Posted by suade907 (360 posts) -

I'm sick of the updates and patches as well this generation. You see I have slow dsl and it's the only internet available to me. To download most updates takes me a day or 3. On top of that my hard drive is constantly full and I'm always having to delete stuff. This is getting old fast. I may just switch back to the pc. It's annoying me that much.

#16 Posted by Jaysonguy (37995 posts) -

@suade907 said:

I'm sick of the updates and patches as well this generation. You see I have slow dsl and it's the only internet available to me. To download most updates takes me a day or 3. On top of that my hard drive is constantly full and I'm always having to delete stuff. This is getting old fast. I may just switch back to the pc. It's annoying me that much.

You'll switch back to the PC that has constant patches and digital games.....

You're almost as brilliant as the topic creator who thinks that stability means nothing. Maybe he thinks games crashing are a perk, who knows?

#17 Edited by ewalthour (830 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: hey ras clot! Leave me out of this guy silly comment. My post is very legit and most people with sense know ps4 updates are lame. Of course stability is important. It's not important enough to make announcement we are getting stability update.

We need feature updates to be news worthy and to give us what we were promised from Sony's own mouth. Sony promised and we expected on our system which is considered the best console, Most powerful and by all means should have had most things we wanted on day one.

It should never take 6 months to add mp4 and customized our main menu..I read Sony was hiring someone for the music feature just recently. How hard are these features to add? It should have been integrated into the system day one. Of course Sony isn't in a rush to give us mp4 or if they want us to buy music unlimited.

#18 Edited by ewalthour (830 posts) -

http://gamingbolt.com/sony-developer-talks-about-new-features-coming-to-playstation

I can't believe Sony will take until 2015 to give us dnla, mp3 and any other feature we want. How long has sony tried to get the masses into 3d gaming and movies using their TV's???? I don't give a damn about 3d blu ray games and movies over the other stuff. This just seems like a promo for sony to push its products on the masses who aren't the majority that want it.

I would make a another separate post on reading and watching a video of P90x fitness for xbox exclusive. Sony doesnt even have a fitness game. I don't want to assume but i doubt most of you slouches even exercise so you probably don't give a damn. Well there are some who do and would like to make it fun by having a program and tracking progress on PS4 system. I already do the original p90x and insanity but it would be funner using the PS eye camera and other fun features with a console.

#19 Posted by MethodManFTW (26039 posts) -

@ewalthour said:

I would make a another separate post on reading... so you probably don't give a damn.

Spoiler: Most people don't give a damn about all of your threads. :P

#20 Posted by commonfate (12746 posts) -

Dude straight up marked his own answer as best.

I call bullshit, I want a recount.

#21 Edited by ewalthour (830 posts) -

@MethodManFTW: you know where u can go and their is no return. But you know little dicks like u just want a rise out of me

http://gamingbolt.com/sony-prioritizing-ps4-features-that-make-them-money-no-windows-phone-app-planned-more

I don't doubt for one minute the legitimacy of this article. Getting a blueray 3d update benefits Sony and encourages ps4 owners to by a 3d Sony tv. I always hate big business because the bottom line is it's all about the dollar and I hope xbox one surpass Sony in sells to teach them to listen to their consumer and don't get complacent.

#22 Posted by MethodManFTW (26039 posts) -

@ewalthour: Where could I go and not return? Also, that second sentence was pretty phallic.

Anyhow, I find most of your posts fairly comical, but the funniest part of all them has to be how you constantly post Gamingbolt articles like they hold weight with anyone.. You know that is a site created by the morons of System Wars right? The least credible video game website on the whole internet.

#23 Edited by ewalthour (830 posts) -

@MethodManFTW: whatever punk. The site has weight and credibility. I find just you using a name u don't represent comical ..fake wannabe. Like gamespot and Ign doesn't post rumours and speculations you are a monkey shine and have nothing better to do then target my post like a stalker.

I inform and look out for gamers from injustice of big business and talk about relevant social topics. Not just about how many trophies someone accumulated.

#24 Edited by SolidTy (45772 posts) -

Sony just released update for PS4 3D Blu-Ray today (and more).

#25 Posted by MethodManFTW (26039 posts) -

@ewalthour said:

@MethodManFTW: whatever punk. The site has weight and credibility. I find just you using a name u don't represent comical ..fake wannabe. Like gamespot and Ign doesn't post rumours and speculations you are a monkey shine and have nothing better to do then target my post like a stalker.

I inform and look out for gamers from injustice of big business and talk about relevant social topics. Not just about how many trophies someone accumulated.

Who cares about trophies? Injustice of big business(es)? Ha!

And, do you think I am claiming to be Method Man? FTW actually stands for for the win, so the name basically means Method Man is cool. -___-

Also, what the hell do you mean by monkey shine?

But yes, I do respond to the more crazy sounding people on here... You are LotusClown 2.0.

#26 Posted by commonfate (12746 posts) -
@ewalthour said:

I inform and look out for gamers from injustice of big business and talk about relevant social topics.

Just wanted to thank you personally for what you've done so far and hopefully will continue to do. Keep up the good fight dude

- Alex

#27 Edited by ewalthour (830 posts) -

@commonfate: Thanks much appreciated. i assume this was sincere not sarcastic.

#28 Posted by nyc05 (10184 posts) -

Sony has been embarrassingly bad with updating the PS4.

I'm also tired of hearing people say "it's new, give it time". BS excuse as far as I'm concerned. Likewise, I hear people saying "Sony isn't a software company...give them time". Again, BS.

Many of PS4's MIA features were on the PS3 years ago. Why were they not on PS4 day one? If not day one, why not by now? How about their much touted "suspend/resume" feature? That's a big one. Most of us who have used that feature on another console can tell you how incredibly useful it is, particularly if you're prone to being interrupted and have to stop playing at a moment's notice, like I am. Where is that feature for PS4?

Sony's rival is pumping out big time system improving features on a monthly basis. Where is Sony on this front, and why is it taking them so long? I really don't get it.

Sony really needs to step their game up.

#29 Edited by ewalthour (830 posts) -

@nyc05: @nyc05: I get it perfectly it's about making money only and consumers are second with PlayStation now BS, a yr to give us mp4, resume play, no backwards compatibility and recouping money from all the other section of sony which lost money.

Ps4 is probably what is keeping sony afloat at least this fiscal yr. But if they keep BS then they will not gain more customers. Let's be honest we will keep the system but it is leaving a bad taste in mouth. I meant what I said about wanting xbox one to catch up in sells.

Then next month ps4 get some crap road not taken on Psn+ vs ps3 get crisis 3. I like a few indie games but we are getting the crappy ones for free.