I am buying Final Fantasy 6-9 for Ps3. NEED OPINIONS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GuitarSmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GuitarSmash
Member since 2013 • 274 Posts

Ok, so many people consider 6-10 the Golden Age of Final Fantasy. I have played and beat 10 over 2 times and it was such an amazing experince. I have only played X, X-2 (WHY YUNA!?), XIII (meh), and XIII-2 (ok)

So i decided to try out some of the better received additions in the series. So here are my preferences, (also would also request which order i should play in from my preferences)

1. Something with a CTB-like system, 2. Best Atmosphere and environments, 3. Preferably with not too much grinding, but i do not mind., 4. Best story

Also, i cannot wait for the X/X-2 Remake WOOO!!!

GuitarSmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By GuitarSmash
Member since 2013 • 274 Posts

bump.

Soul4Survivor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Soul4Survivor
Member since 2013 • 175 Posts

@GuitarSmash:

@GuitarSmash said:

Ok, so many people consider 6-10 the Golden Age of Final Fantasy. I have played and beat 10 over 2 times and it was such an amazing experince. I have only played X, X-2 (WHY YUNA!?), XIII (meh), and XIII-2 (ok)

So i decided to try out some of the better received additions in the series. So here are my preferences, (also would also request which order i should play in from my preferences)

1. Something with a CTB-like system, 2. Best Atmosphere and environments, 3. Preferably with not too much grinding, but i do not mind., 4. Best story

Also, i cannot wait for the X/X-2 Remake WOOO!!!

Remaster Not Remake. Their not remaking those games just painting them over in HD. that's all

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

FF6 is definitely from the golden age of Final Fantasy. Know however, the game hasn't aged very well graphically. If you can get into it, the actual game is sublime. Don't make the mistake of passing it off as too retro in the first ten minutes of play.

Kusimeka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Kusimeka
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts

@RossRichard said:

FF6 is definitely from the golden age of Final Fantasy. Know however, the game hasn't aged very well graphically. If you can get into it, the actual game is sublime. Don't make the mistake of passing it off as too retro in the first ten minutes of play.

What do you mean hasn't aged very well? I think 2d sprites age better than 3d games such as FF7. Anyway, FF6 is my all time favorite, followed by FF7 then FF9. Though if i was you I'd just play them in the order they were released, so 6 then 7 etc.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

@Kusimeka said:

@RossRichard said:

What do you mean hasn't aged very well? I think 2d sprites age better than 3d games such as FF7. Anyway, FF6 is my all time favorite, followed by FF7 then FF9. Though if i was you I'd just play them in the order they were released, so 6 then 7 etc.

You go from playing a AAA PS3/360 game, and go back to playing FF6 and tell me the graphics have aged well. Doesn't mean the game is bad, but the circa-1994 SNES graphics will turn off a lot of people weaned on modern consoles.