• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

specialzed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 specialzed
Member since 2007 • 682 Posts

Did I just finish watching a presentation of new PS3 games? This is nothing new sony excuse me while I enjoy my PS3 that does not need replacement. The fuel of this failure was greed.

BombingSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BombingSystems
Member since 2012 • 140 Posts

I missed most of it... did they even show the ps4 or specs/features?

zepfya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zepfya
Member since 2003 • 1209 Posts
It was a very weak announcement.
specialzed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 specialzed

BombingSystems
Nope, they showed PS3 capable games and the DS4. Im a hardcore sony fan since my PSX and this feels like a slap in the face.
zepfya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 zepfya
Member since 2003 • 1209 Posts
No announcement for a preorder also, I mean do they want to sell this thing?
DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

BombingSystems

They mentioned a little of specs... will have 8 gigs RAM. Focus was on developers and games, which aren't as impressive streaming over the internet, when we're only seeing them in 480 res max...

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts
Imagine everything will be made public at E3 or PAX east
specialzed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 specialzed

[QUOTE="BombingSystems"]

DaRq_MiNoS

They mentioned a little of specs... will have 8 gigs RAM. Focus was on developers and games, which aren't as impressive streaming over the internet, when we're only seeing them in 480 res max...

Describing the specs of something and then not showing it is like telling me the blood type and allergy history of a girl thats into me. AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT! I WANNA SEE THE THING!
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I think we all expected the leap from this gen to next not to be as dramatic as a first impression as PS2 to PS3.  I think we'll probably notice the difference once we actually get into the games and start to examine them as they're played.  Granted, I missed the beginning of the show, did they show what the system will look like?

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaRq_MiNoS

[QUOTE="DaRq_MiNoS"]

[QUOTE="BombingSystems"]

specialzed

Describing the specs of something and then not showing it is like telling me the blood type and allergy history of a girl thats into me. AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT! I WANNA SEE THE THING!

roflmao

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#11 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

They didn't show off anything that couldn't be done on a PS3.  I guess seeing it streamed at 480p gives that impression

not_wanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 not_wanted
Member since 2008 • 1990 Posts

[QUOTE="BombingSystems"]

specialzed

Nope, they showed PS3 capable games and the DS4. Im a hardcore sony fan since my PSX and this feels like a slap in the face.

I doubt that the Deep Down game could run on the PS3.

here some of the specs

ps4-specs.png

not_wanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 not_wanted
Member since 2008 • 1990 Posts

[QUOTE="DaRq_MiNoS"]

[QUOTE="BombingSystems"]

specialzed

lol worst analogy

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Killzone 4 could not be done on PS3.  Rewatch the footage and carefully pay attention to everything going on.  The particle effects just are astounding.  Take a look at IGN's video of it in which they dissect every second.  Truly remarkable.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

Did I just finish watching a presentation of new PS3 games? This is nothing new sony excuse me while I enjoy my PS3 that does not need replacement. The fuel of this failure was greed.

specialzed
So go f*cking cry about it in the corner. Baby.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

It's a stream

More than likely you were not watching it in 1080P

Even if you were

It's a stream

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 soundcellx
Member since 2006 • 976 Posts

Killzone 4 could not be done on PS3.  Rewatch the footage and carefully pay attention to everything going on.  The particle effects just are astounding.  Take a look at IGN's video of it in which they dissect every second.  Truly remarkable.

NoirLamia777

OH WHOW! A BUNCH OF PARTICLE EFFECTS, OUGGHHH, THE GAME IS SO MUCH FUN!

Seriously though, play Killzone 2 &/or Killzone 3 and then you have already played Shadowall or whatever this generic PAAGG is called.  

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

They didn't show off anything that couldn't be done on a PS3.  I guess seeing it streamed at 480p gives that impression

realguitarhero5

go watch the high def youtube vids on the playstation blog... none of that can be done on the ps3

and even then its just a hi def youtube vide its still only half as good as what the game willl look like on your tv

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NoirLamia777

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

soundcellx

Seriously though, play Killzone 2 &/or Killzone 3 and then you have already played Shadowall or whatever this generic PAAGG is called.  

Yep played them, not saying it's not the same **** we've seen.  I didn't say anything about it being a good game at all actually, I just commented on the graphics :|

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

NoirLamia777

Yep played them, not saying it's not the same **** we've seen.  I didn't say anything about it being a good game at all actually, I just commented on the graphics :|

Okay, very well. Carry on then. 

Just making sure you weren't one of those gamers that base a game on the graphics. I can't think of any great looking games that are good and fun. Thing is when developers make a game with spectacular looking graphics (unfortunately they tend not to put effort into art style, which is far far faaaaaaarrr more important), they tend to do it to make up for other areas, and put more emphasis on graphics than actually making sure that their game is fun, because fun >>>>>>> graphics. 

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
Oooh all this graphics - we talking raster graphics or vector graphics, or do you guys just like pretty pictures?
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#22 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"]

xxgunslingerxx

go watch the high def youtube vids on the playstation blog... none of that can be done on the ps3

and even then its just a hi def youtube vide its still only half as good as what the game willl look like on your tv

I mean like Crysis 3... look at PC footage and of course it can't be done on a 360/PS3 but they did get it running.
NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NoirLamia777

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

soundcellx

Just making sure you weren't one of those gamers that base a game on the graphics. I can't think of any great looking games that are good and fun. Thing is when developers make a game with spectacular looking graphics (unfortunately they tend not to put effort into art style, which is far far faaaaaaarrr more important), they tend to do it to make up for other areas, and put more emphasis on graphics than actually making sure that their game is fun, because fun >>>>>>> graphics. 

Anth that's why Knack looks super fun :)

sruane23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sruane23
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

soundcellx

Yep played them, not saying it's not the same **** we've seen. I didn't say anything about it being a good game at all actually, I just commented on the graphics :|

Hmm. Ratchet and Clank. Fifa 2013. Enslaved. Red Dead Redemption. Borderlands 2. Uncharted series. Vanquish. Skyrim. All of these games have nice graphics and they are fun to play...

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#25 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Best conference I've seen in a long time, was pleased with what they showed us. Stop whining that they didn't show the console, they weren't going to give everything away before E3 :roll:

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Venom_Raptor

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

Yep played them, not saying it's not the same **** we've seen. I didn't say anything about it being a good game at all actually, I just commented on the graphics :|

sruane23

Hmm. Ratchet and Clank. Fifa 2013. Enslaved. Red Dead Redemption. Borderlands 2. Uncharted series. Vanquish. Skyrim. All of these games have nice graphics and they are fun to play...

Just ignore soundbellx he doesn't like games and never has.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 soundcellx

Venom_Raptor

Go away liar troll. 

Go watch your crappy show Dexter or something.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts
Go away liar troll.soundcellx
Oh..the irony...Pretty much what I was expecting. I think Sony came out firing at Microsoft to let them know what's up. I'm sure Microsoft will come back with something then they both will have the big showdown at E3.
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]Go away liar troll.dalger21
Oh..the irony...

I don't see any irony. Explain.

specialzed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 specialzed

It's a stream

More than likely you were not watching it in 1080P

Even if you were

It's a stream

whiskeystrike
This is true, however when they showed the old mans head that looked great! But the games didnt look like that...
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

it was actually exactly what i was expecting, which wasn't a lot. the graphics i saw was honestly what i expected ps3 to be before it came out. judging by the conferences at e3 and stuff from previous years, ive learned that launch titles aren't ever really that great. and this wasn't any different. watchdogs, destiny and deep down are what interested me, and im guessing atleast 2 of those are multi-plat. the rest were just filler. they did say they were gonna announce a new final fantasy at E3, but after the 13 series, im not getting my hopes up.

this presentation was all about the social aspect of next gen. sharing games, videos and all that stuff and the emphasis of being constantly connected. it's a good idea and is great for the gaming community and all that, but what im interested in is the games. the best games always come a lot later into the gen, like a couple years after it comes out. by now ive leanred not to expect a lot from launch titles. i just really hope every ps4 game looks as amazing as killzone. cuz most, if not all of the other stuff looks like it could've been on ps3 anyway.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

it was actually exactly what i was expecting, which wasn't a lot. the graphics i saw was honestly what i expected ps3 to be before it came out. judging by the conferences at e3 and stuff from previous years, ive learned that launch titles aren't ever really that great. and this wasn't any different. watchdogs, destiny and deep down are what interested me, and im guessing atleast 2 of those are multi-plat. the rest were just filler. they did say they were gonna announce a new final fantasy at E3, but after the 13 series, im not getting my hopes up.

this presentation was all about the social aspect of next gen. sharing games, videos and all that stuff and the emphasis of being constantly connected. it's a good idea and is great for the gaming community and all that, but what im interested in is the games. the best games always come a lot later into the gen, like a couple years after it comes out. by now ive leanred not to expect a lot from launch titles. i just really hope every ps4 game looks as amazing as killzone. cuz most, if not all of the other stuff looks like it could've been on ps3 anyway.

idunnodude

inFamous Second Son is filler to you?

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 idunnodude

[QUOTE="idunnodude"]

StrongBlackVine

no i was exaggerating lol. i didn't even realize it was an infamous game until a lot later. i just read the SECOND SON i didn't even notice the infamous logo on top. infamous and killzone aren't filler. but stuff like knack is definately underwhelming.
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 soundcellx

StrongBlackVine

Infamous isn't even filler. These games have averaged 2 million a piece. Not exactly what you would call a system seller, plus these games are pretty mediocre. 

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
no, ps4 games for ps4.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

soundcellx

Infamous isn't even filler. These games have averaged 2 million a piece. Not exactly what you would call a system seller, plus these games are pretty mediocre. 

2 million is nothing to look down on. Every game won't sell like Gran Turismo, Uncharted or God of War. Plus a lot of people like inFamous which is why it is on it's third game (4 if you include Festival of Blood).

Honestly why don't you just go with Wii U? Seems like your kind of platform....

BlueVigor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BlueVigor
Member since 2012 • 46 Posts

[QUOTE="BombingSystems"]

specialzed

Nothing they showed was capable on the PS3. What are you even talking about?

BlueVigor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BlueVigor
Member since 2012 • 46 Posts

soundcellx

Mediocre? But two million people disagree with you. Good way to clown yourself.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

uhhh... joking right?

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#40 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

specialzed
Wonderful topic title, must had taken some effort to finalize.. While you choose to ignore all that had been said and shown, the rest of the PlayStation community who had the ability to listen and read actually are looking forward to PS4 and complete reveal on E3 ;)
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="specialzed"]

Sokol4ever

Wonderful topic title, must had taken some effort to finalize.. While you choose to ignore all that had been said and shown, the rest of the PlayStation community who had the ability to listen and read actually are looking forward to PS4 and complete reveal on E3 ;)

I doubt the person who started this topic is part of the PlayStation community...

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 soundcellx

2 million is nothing to look down on. Every game won't sell like Gran Turismo, Uncharted or God of War. Plus a lot of people like inFamous which is why it is on it's third game (4 if you include Festival of Blood).

StrongBlackVine

You know, if you were to release a new system, wouldn't you want to release a smash hit system seller with the console, in order to...you know...sell some consoles??? 

YEAH, I'M BUYING A PLAYSTATION 4, FOR KNACK!

Honestly why don't you just go with....

StrongBlackVine

Already have...

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

BlueVigor

Mediocre? But two million people disagree with you. Good way to clown yourself.

Clone of Duty are some of the worst games ever made and those sell 10+ million, so your point is...?...

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 idunnodude

^ lmao can't lie i lol'd pretty hard at the knack comment 

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I assume you are angry because the graphics are not a giant leap from what we currently have.  Developers and publishers have been saying that the next consoles probably would not be about graphics.  The truth of the matter is that the industry is stepping away from extreme powerhouse conosles and are trying to do other things. 

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Venom_Raptor

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

soundcellx

Go away liar troll. 

Go watch your crappy show Dexter or something.

LMAO, yeah go away and watch a highly popular, and good, TV show. You are such a brainless child with issues

Nophoria88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 Nophoria88
Member since 2010 • 410 Posts

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

soundcellx

Excuse yourself? The point of new hardware generations is to IMPROVE THE GRAPHICAL CAPABILITIES (ya know, like how your precious Wii U did). You sound like a blatant fanboy in denial, trying to justify whatever it is you're here to justify. Are you mentally challenged perhaps? If so then I apologize.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DaRq_MiNoS

Even watching that Killzone vid at 720, and not the full 1080, I can tell it's beyond what PS3 can do.

And I think it takes a while for developers to find ways to exploit the new hardware... if you look back at MGS4 it blew everyone away, but if you look at it now it almost looks like a PS2 game.

The system is like 4x as powerful as PS3, and we never even got to reach full potential of PS3 because games were designed cross-platform with the crappy XBox in mind.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 StrongBlackVine

Even watching that Killzone vid at 720, and not the full 1080, I can tell it's beyond what PS3 can do.

And I think it takes a while for developers to find ways to exploit the new hardware... if you look back at MGS4 it blew everyone away, but if you look at it now it almost looks like a PS2 game.

The system is like 4x as powerful as PS3, and we never even got to reach full potential of PS3 because games were designed cross-platform with the crappy XBox in mind.

DaRq_MiNoS

The graphics may be only 4 times as powerful or whatever, the memory which make a HUGE difference is the amount things going on at time. Plus no more pop-in in open world games which has always be sore spot for me.