how to download free game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

I recently purchased a ps4 from target. I have a choice of four games to download.

I'm waiting for Christmas to open it with my family and i was just wondering if i need to purchase playstation plus for $50 in order to download the game

Noblecowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Noblecowboy
Member since 2014 • 44 Posts

@polishkid99: You do not need Playstation Plus to download the game.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Depends on the game, there´s a "Free to Play" section at the store you go there and you´ll find some free games ( Tekken, Dust, Ace Combat ), you don´t need PS+ membership to download and play them. There are monthly free games but you do need the PS+ memebership to download and play them, once your membership expires you will not be able to play until you renew your membership. BTW to play on-line in PS4 ( with the exception of those free to play games ) you need PS+ membership.

Noblecowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Noblecowboy
Member since 2014 • 44 Posts

@raugutcon: He is asking about the choice to digitally download one of the four free games offered when you buy a new PS4 right now. Playstation Plus isn't required for that. He just needs to use the digital code to download one of those games. The choice of the four games are Far Cry 4, Destiny, and 2 other games.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#5 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

@noblecowboy:

Thank you for the response and information