How's Killzone Shadow Fall (mp)?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3c81036be81
deactivated-5f3c81036be81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f3c81036be81
Member since 2009 • 582 Posts

This is particularly targeted at those who played the previous Killzone games...

Did you enjoy Killzone 2 and/or 3's multiplayer?

Are you enjoying Killzone Shadow Falls multiplayer?

How similar do you think the multiplayer is in Shadow Fall compared to KZ 2 and/or 3?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I enjoyed Killzone 2 and 3's multiplayer. I think Shadow Fall is a vast improvement over those games. It's more fluid, responsive, and faster to get into. From the dashboard I can get into a match in under a minute.

Largo_npc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Largo_npc
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I loved the sniping in I think it was KZ2, where you used the six-axis to slightly adjust your aim. That was a good game. Does SF have any similar mechanics?

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

@mammojo:

i think the gameplay is atleast on par with the old games, but the maps are a MAAAAAASSIVE step back. all of the maps have been turned into small COD style run and gun maps. there are no longer any large, open, tactical maps like there were in KZ2 and 3.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Im actually really surprised at how good the multiplayer is. I wasn't expecting this. Ill be playing it for a long time.

Avatar image for Lord_of_Terrans
Lord_of_Terrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lord_of_Terrans
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts

So far i like the Killzone SF multiplayer very much, but the map feels small... i must have played to much BF3 in the past months

Swedish_Chef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Swedish_Chef
Member since 2003 • 623 Posts

I've yet to see anything other than 7v7, yet the box mentions 24 player mp. Anyone know where to find those games?

Also I'd never played KZ before, but this game feels an awful lot like gears of war to me the way the characters feel quite large and sort of lumber around. It's not a bad thing, the MP is pretty fun though.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I love it... I like the remade maps especially. However, there is one horrendous omission: the complete absence of any voice chat. I can't believe that Sony included a bundled in mic, and yet their big first party game doesn't even support chat in any form. I used to chat a great deal with my team in Killzone 2 and 3, and so it feels like a real step back. But other than that, I really like the multiplayer. I'm really glad they got rid of the saboteur class that looks like one of your team members too... that was obnoxious.

Largo_npc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Largo_npc
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

@donalbane: I remember KZ2 had proximity chat. That was awesome. When playing vs a friend all I could hear was him making strange noises whenever we were close and when I killed him. Hilarious.

Shame this one doesn't have something similar.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#10 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Swedish_Chef said:

I've yet to see anything other than 7v7, yet the box mentions 24 player mp. Anyone know where to find those games?

Also I'd never played KZ before, but this game feels an awful lot like gears of war to me the way the characters feel quite large and sort of lumber around. It's not a bad thing, the MP is pretty fun though.

There's been a growing number of people who have made the Gears of War comparison and I agree! KZ feels like the first person perspective version of Gears, and that's not a bad thing as you have said.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Love the multiplayer. I love the integration with the challenges so you aren't spoon-fed new perks and guns just for playing. You actually have to work for it. Will be playing it for a long time.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

It's decent... I agree that the maps are too small.

xenogirl951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By xenogirl951
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Killzone: Shadow Fall is awesome for one reason and one reason only:

Dark Souls easter egg

! I didn't even notice it at first but spotted it on

PS4 Guides

, a good site for ps4 cheats and guides ; )

Seriously though, the campaign is ok but the multiplayer is fun ^_^